What is beyond death

Wyatt Peele

Most people evade that thought of death because it can make you feel horrible, but we only have one life so we should talk about death while we still can. There are many questions to ask about death like, what's beyond death? These questions make us think about death in different ways, but one thing stays the same when talking about death you most likely will say that death has already taken a person you love. Death is the end of our life, all of our organs stop working, our hearts stop, and we die. What is beyond that point, that is something that all humans can't answer with 100% acracy, death is beyond our comprehension, but we can still think. So, I ask you what is beyond death. 

I am personally Buddhist, when you die you either go to the underworld and they strip you of all the wrong you have done, to give you a better chance in your next life, but if you become enlightened then you will achieve nirvana and you won't be tied to this earth, I don't know what happens after words but I hope its peaceful. 

2 hours ago, Wyatt Peele said:

So, I ask you what is beyond death.

Nothing - for the dead. For the living, it all depends on who and what is dead: food, trophy, relief, inheritance, liberty, grief, logistical problems, financial problems, guilt, loss, family duty, anger, loneliness, nightmares... it all depends on the relationships.  

• 2 months later...
On 2/20/2023 at 11:30 PM, Wyatt Peele said:

Most people evade that thought of death because it can make you feel horrible, but we only have one life so we should talk about death while we still can. There are many questions to ask about death like, what's beyond death? These questions make us think about death in different ways, but one thing stays the same when talking about death you most likely will say that death has already taken a person you love. Death is the end of our life, all of our organs stop working, our hearts stop, and we die. What is beyond that point, that is something that all humans can't answer with 100% acracy, death is beyond our comprehension, but we can still think. So, I ask you what is beyond death. 

I am personally Buddhist, when you die you either go to the underworld and they strip you of all the wrong you have done, to give you a better chance in your next life, but if you become enlightened then you will achieve nirvana and you won't be tied to this earth, I don't know what happens after words but I hope its peaceful. 

If I remember correctly from school Hinudism has about 7 levels, so when you die you are reincarnated and either move up or down depending on how you live your life,   the top is some sort of ultimate goal of peace.

This was a long time ago,  so not 100 percent sure.

Paul

16 hours ago, paulsutton said:

If I remember correctly from school Hinudism has about 7 levels, so when you die you are reincarnated and either move up or down depending on how you live your life,   the top is some sort of ultimate goal of peace.

It's a metaphor, like karma, it's trying to teach people the benefits of cooperation and being nice now, equal's a better life now; it's a way to calm ones fears about tomorrow/death. 

16 hours ago, paulsutton said:

the top is some sort of ultimate goal of peace.

The top is, the absence of fear/worry about tomorrow, enjoying today as best you can.

With green burial, conversion into soil, plants, animals that eat those plants, fungi, worms, soil nematodes, and (if your mortician was lazy and irresponsible) residues of mercury from dental amalgam leaching into the soil.   Make sure you find a reputable and environmentally aware mortician, if you want a green burial, so that your fillings will be properly removed.

Sky burial is simply the disposal of a corpse to be devoured by vultures. In Tibetan Buddhism, sky burial is believed to represent their wishes to go to heaven. It is the most widespread way for commoners to deal with the dead in Tibet.

https://www.tibettravel.org/tibetan-local-customs/tibetan-funeral.html#:~:text=Sky burial is simply the,with the dead in Tibet.

Some people will have their remains converted into diamonds, or for the hunter in your family, you can have their ashes loaded into shotgun shells for a unique version of the 21 gun salute.

Edited by zapatos

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's true that contemplating death can be unsettling, but you've brought up an important topic. Wondering about what lies beyond death is a universal curiosity. While we can't know for certain, various beliefs and philosophies offer perspectives.

On 8/25/2023 at 5:49 AM, LanceGates said:

While we can't know for certain, various beliefs and philosophies offer perspectives.

So what's yours?  You were moved to post, so I assume you have one.  

13 hours ago, OldChemE said:

Having dealt with the situation of death in my extended family, I've concluded that the most common thing following death is a garage sale.

That, and paperwork.  

Had one relative whose stuff I had to deal with.  It was mostly junk you couldn't even put in a garage sale, so it was simpler to donate it or dump it. (and I suspect some of the donating was really dumping in disguise)  Thrift stores refused some of it because upholstery was saturated with cigarette odor.   Recyclers wouldn't take it, either, because furniture has to be disassembled into its various components.  With all due respect to the departed, I wish smokers would smoke next to an open window, range hood, or find some way to vent.  

On 8/9/2023 at 3:43 PM, geordief said:

Or Robbie Robertson  RIP

Crazy Chester, in the song The Weight , was a real guy in the town my wife grew up in.  My in-laws knew him.  Bandmate Levon Helm was from that area.

Edited by TheVat

On 8/25/2023 at 5:49 AM, LanceGates said:

It's true that contemplating death can be unsettling, but you've brought up an important topic. Wondering about what lies beyond death is a universal curiosity. While we can't know for certain, various beliefs and philosophies offer perspectives.

Your insight into the Buddhist perspective is intriguing – the concept of the underworld and achieving nirvana sparks introspection. In a different vein, have you come across we don't allow advertising here? They showcase fascinating epitaph examples that might align with these thoughts. Ultimately, pondering such profound questions reminds us to cherish life and seek peace in whatever comes next.

Edited by Phi for All
No advertising, please.