Am I losing my mind ???

When I logged on last night, there was a thread, by RenaissanceChemist I believe, in which he posted a cartoon, attributed to Swansont circa 1985, which seemed to advocate violence. I replied to the OP, as did a couple of other members.
This morning, that thread is nowhere to be found, and individual posts in our profile pertaining to that thread are also gone.

Is there an explanation other than early onset senility ( on my part ), or the fact that it was late and I was possibly asleep and dreaming, for this disappearing act ?

18 minutes ago, MigL said:

When I logged on last night, there was a thread, by RenaissanceChemist I believe, in which he posted a cartoon, attributed to Swansont circa 1985, which seemed to advocate violence.  

1995, and I will be the first to admit that it did not age well.  

And I also agree with the assessment that it was baiting, and not a sincere attempt at discussion (though I was not part of any decision regarding the disposition of that thread or subsequent disciplinary action)

31 minutes ago, swansont said:

1995, and I will be the first to admit that it did not age well. 

Comedy is an art of perspective that shifts with societal pressures, and is often out of sync with its original intent over time.

Still, RenaissanceChemist's point seemed to be that all your scientific critiques over the years are now suspect. The fact that you drew it clearly shows all those crackpots were probably right, especially him, whoever he used to be here. 

I found it funny.
( even after 23 yrs )

I thought we had a policy that we don't get rid of posts.
Even if the poster asks for the removal.

Does it not give a 'bad' appearance ?
( like something is being hidden )
Why not just close it ?

( just my opinion, for what its worth )

On 2/23/2019 at 4:25 PM, beecee said:

Point taken....DESSERT!!! :P

I hate to spoil the fun, but it really is "just deserts", not "just desserts"! The "deserts" is a noun related to "deserves". To quote from Garner's Modern American Usage:

just deserts (= the treatment one truly deserves) is occasionally misrendered just desserts. Sometimes, of course, it's a playful pun, as when a bakery is called Just Desserts. But sometimes it's sloppiness or pure ignorance--e.g. "The deliciously wicked Francis Urquhart gets his just desserts [read just deserts] in this third installment of the story [the film The Final Cut]." "Best Bets", Commercial Appeal (Memphis), 21 Feb. 1997, at E2. In that example, the adverb deliciously creates a nonsensical echo in the wrong word desserts.

Obviously this is the most important thing I have to do in the office on a Monday morning.

5 hours ago, Cap'n Refsmmat said:

Obviously this is the most important thing I have to do in the office on a Monday morning.

Well, I'll be damned... Very cool. Thanks for sharing, Cap... and mea culpa, beecee!!