People Prefer Opinions to Ideas

elizsia

How do you prevent being insulted or offened.. Here is the answer..

Why do people prefer to have Opinions about Ideas, Instead of Just Sharing their Own Ideas, They prefer to share their opinions about other peoples ideas.... But Instead of Insulting each others Intelligence with your Opinions... Share your own ideas, Not Your Opinions about other peoples ideas...

How can people be insulted by an Idea? when the idea is not an opinion, it is simply an Idea... " Your idea insults me "? how is that even possible? People use opinions to insult or offend each other, Not Ideas.... So dont feel insulted or offened by an Idea.... Share you own idea, not opinions about other peoples ideas..

There is a Huge difference between an Idea and an Opinion... when you type something or want to say something, Think... Are your repsonding to an Idea with an Opinion, or Responding with an Idea... Know the difference between an Idea and an Opinion...

Dont feel insulted or offended by an Idea...

Edited by elizsia

Ideas with no support are just guesses. That's not what we do here.

Do you understand that this is a science discussion forum? It's not an opinion forum, it's not a wild guess forum.

We prefer rational thought to what you're doing. This place isn't for everybody, and I think you need to ask yourself if it's right for your style.

And btw, it's not about being offended by an idea. You have that wrong. It's about finding evidence that supports your idea so it's a more trustworthy explanation of natural phenomena. An idea that has no support IS an opinion.

Ideas for Ideas, Not ideas for Opinions about ideas... If you have a different perspective on someones idea,, then post your own idea... Not opinions about someones idea...... Ideas for Ideas... Opinions are not Contructive or Progressive, Ideas are Conrtustive and Progressive....... Share Ideas for Ideas, Not Opinions about Ideas...

Why do scientific thinkers feel insulted or offended about someones idea? and then feel the need to Insult or Offend someone for sharing an Idea, that was not insulting or offensive to begin with...

Edited by elizsia

Why do people prefer to have Opinions about Ideas

Why do some people think that random made-up nonsense is worth sharing?

Ideas are Conrtustive and Progressive.......

Only if they have some basis in reality. Writing the first bit of crap that comes into your head is not a sign of creativity or intelligence. It demonstrates lack of critical thinking and self-censorship.

Grow up.

Why do some people think that random made-up nonsense is worth sharing?

Only if they have some basis in reality. Writing the first bit of crap that comes into your head is not a sign of creativity or intelligence. It demonstrates lack of critical thinking and self-censorship.

Grow up.

Really, do you watch movies? do you listen to music? do you by things from shops.... Random made up nonsense it all is... But people still feel the need to share it or buy it.... All Ideas... Science, All Ideas.... Random made up nonsense that people decide to create... evenutally it becomes stuctured and organised nonesense... Hmm Science, Ideas, Random Made up Nonesense ( String Theory ), Random Made Up Nonesense... Until someone creates it... If all things are made from atoms, then how can the imagination be limited? All Ideas, Created,, All Possibilites Created, because people manifest their Ideas..

How can you people even believe in science, when you dont even believe in ideas.... You dont even believe in anything until someone creates it... So let someone create it... Then you will realise it

Edited by elizsia

Freespeech... I have the right to share an idea, without people feeling insulted or offended by it...

Does that "free speech" not apply to the people commenting on your crap? If anyone seems most insulted or offended - it's you.

(Besides, this is a privately owned forum. Free speech doesn't actually apply. That's why all posters need to follow the rules. "Free speech", means you can go make your own forum, and say what you want, there.)

How can you people even believe in science, when you dont even believe in ideas....

You haven't studied science, so you don't realize that ideas in science are tested from the start. If something is wrong, known to be wrong, then it shouldn't be a part of an idea that can form an hypothesis you might spend years working on. You wouldn't build the foundation of a house with poorly mixed concrete, would you?

In science, it's all about making sure the steps you take are trustworthy, and to do that we use empirical observation to form models we can test against reality, and make predictions that can add further evidence to support your idea.

Virtually everything you've brought up here is either fundamentally flawed (but when folks try to show you that, you claim they hate new ideas - they don't, they hate flawed ideas), or it's breaking the rules you skipped reading even though you agreed to be bound by them when you joined. But again, you misconstrue that to mean you're being censored. You aren't taking responsibility for the things you're asserting, and the rules you're breaking.

This is NOT an opinion. This has been empirically observed by multiple members who are using the Report Post function on your posts. It's a fact that you don't seem to understand how science works. You are criticizing things you don't know about, and ignoring rules, and pushing it all onto anybody but you.

I'm not so much insulted as I am disappointed. There's an interesting and meaningful discussion possible here. It's an interesting potential topic many of us would enjoy exploring, but it's been made nearly impossible to do so since our facilitator has chosen to approach it like a 3am rant from a drunkard or a pre-naptime tantrum from a teething toddler.

I'm not so much insulted as I am disappointed. There's an interesting and meaningful discussion possible here. It's an interesting potential topic many of us would enjoy exploring, but it's been made nearly impossible to do so since our facilitator has chosen to approach it like a 3am rant from a drunkard or a pre-naptime tantrum from a teething toddler.

Is that an opinion or an Idea?

Edited by elizsia

Yes, it's both. They're not mutually exclusive in the way you're suggesting.

Opinions usually come with direct objection or direct acceptance..... Ideas are not objections or acceptances, they are mearly creations of Imagination with the potential for manifestation. Never undermine an Imagination, because if all things are made of particles/energy then all things are possible... you just have not made them possible, Yet...

" You could take a grain of sand and transform it into water " you just dont know how, Yet...

Edited by elizsia

Freespeech... I have the right to share an idea, without people feeling insulted or offended by it...

People have a similar right to discuss your idea. Your right to free speech gives you the ability to comment on their comment. It does NOT give you the right to preach and demand other people to only shut up and listen.

But any laws in whatever country you are in on the freedom of speech do not extend to this privately run forum. We have rules and you agreed to them.

No, that's not what free speech is. The corollary of this would be that you have no right to be offended by anything I say, and that's nonsense. And you also seem to be taking "disagreement" to be insult/offense. I don't have to be insulted by something to think you are wrong.

You know, I told you in post #5 that it's not about being offended, and in post #6 you ask why scientists get so offended. It's clear you're not hear to discuss, otherwise you might actually be reading responses and not ignoring them.

We need to cut back on the ludicrousness that's showing up on our front page. It reads like a middle school diatribe about how hard homework is. This thread was just one big soapbox. It's done now.