Do you have unexplainable sadness sometimes ?

fresh

Why i have unexplainable sadness sometimes ? is it because of my hormone (i have my period now)?

i feel so down, so depressed and upset but i don't know why ? feeling very sad without a reason....

will something bad happen ?

Then i called a friend whom i didn't contact for half a year, and was told that she just divorced days ago and feel her life like shit. I said it is good for you, a big burden is gone.

who says banana makes people feel happy ? i eat it very often... i still feel bad.

it is really strange reading books is my habit, now i find i can't focus on ANY books....

what i focus on is my iphone. i could NOT stop refreshing & checking the websites(the investment websites) every 15 minutes !

this big compulsion continues for 1.5 years since i registered these websites.

There goes my reading habit.

Do these things got to do with my unexplainable sadness ?

If this bad bad condition continues for a month, i must have a depression !

i already have obsessive compulsive disorder. i want to throw my phone away....sit down and read books as i do before...

i feel my life like shit as my friend does...

I would diagnose you with Depression if everything you said is true. Go see a doctor or get treatment.

Symptoms of Depression:

Prolonged sadness or unexplained crying spells

Significant changes in appetite and sleep patterns?

Irritability, anger?, worry?, agitation, anxiety

Pessimism?, indifference

Loss of energy?, persistent lethargy

Feelings of guilt, worthlessness

Inability to concentrate, indecisiveness?

In ability to take pleasure in former interests, social withdrawal

Unexplained aches and paints?

Recurring thoughts of death or suicide?

Do not take this likely, it is a very serious condition. Do not go to one of those home remedy clinics that refuse to use drugs. They will not work. Go to a real doctor or a real treatment center.

Edited by Raider5678

Why i have unexplainable sadness sometimes ? is it because of my hormone (i have my period now)?

i feel so down, so depressed and upset but i don't know why ? feeling very sad without a reason....

Then i called a friend whom i didn't contact for half a year, and was told that she just divorced days ago and feel her life like shit. I said it is good for you, a big burden is gone.

who says banana makes people feel happy ? i eat it very often... i still feel bad.

it is really strange reading books is my habit, now i find i can't focus on ANY books....

what i focus on is my iphone. i could NOT stop refreshing & checking the websites(the investment websites) every 15 minutes !

i already have obsessive compulsive disorder. i want to throw my phone away....sit down and read books as i do before...

No one here can or should answer those questions, regardless of what credentials or experience he or she profess. Those questions should be directed to a mental health professional with whom you can sit and converse face-to-face. The anonymous and potentially unqualified responses and misinformed advice that you would likely received through mediums like this are explanation enough for seeking in-person professional help with someone you can personally vet and hold directly responsible for your care and treatment. I hope this helps.

Edited by DrmDoc

You need to talk to somebody qualified that can help you see what's what and ascertain if you have any medical issues and/or reacting hard to some sort of life stress; we can't do it

No one here can or should answer those questions, regardless of what credentials or experience he or she infers. Those question should be directed to a mental health professional with whom you can sit and converse face-to-face. The anonymous and potentially unqualified responses and misinformed advice that you would likely received through mediums like this are explanation enough for seeking in-person professional help with someone you can personally vet and hold directly responsible for your care and treatment. I hope this helps.

You need to talk to somebody qualified that can help you see what's what and ascertain if you have any medical issues and/or reacting hard to some sort of life stress; we can't do it

!

Moderator Note

This has to be our official stance as well. We care about our members and feel it does more harm than good to offer advice that might take the place of a professional, personal diagnosis. Please see a qualified medical professional about your depression.

I can leave the thread open to discuss the disorder in general, but any further posts offering medical advice will be hidden.

i feel much better in daytime. Do depressed persons don't feel depressed at all in daytime ?

i wonder...

if i won the lottery i bet i won't feel depressed at all.... is that the real depression or pseudo-depression ?

Doctors once prescribed me sleeping pills which didn't work at all.

my insomnia was cured by myself without any medicine at all.

Does my period make me feel sad without a reason ?

The strong sad feeling is like my drink was spiked by someone with a drug.

Do you see any depressed persons with a good appetite ?

Edited by fresh

i feel much better in daytime. Do depressed persons don't feel depressed in daytime ?

i wonder...

Sunlight is a good antidepressive.

From my own experience:

Drink water. Close the internet. Close the tv. Burn the newspapers. Better read a book. Or simply do something. Cook. Clean your place. Don't simply sit ruminating. Don't stay in bed. Don't stay all day long in your pyjamas.

Go out. Meet some people (I mean, out of your relatives).

A pet is also a terrific antidepressive.

Or

Come to Greece (as a tourist). :)

I would diagnose you with Depression if everything you said is true. Go see a doctor or get treatment.

Symptoms of Depression:

Prolonged sadness or unexplained crying spells

Significant changes in appetite and sleep patterns?

Irritability, anger?, worry?, agitation, anxiety

Pessimism?, indifference

Loss of energy?, persistent lethargy

Feelings of guilt, worthlessness

Inability to concentrate, indecisiveness?

In ability to take pleasure in former interests, social withdrawal

Unexplained aches and paints?

Recurring thoughts of death or suicide?

Do not take this likely, it is a very serious condition. Do not go to one of those home remedy clinics that refuse to use drugs. They will not work. Go to a real doctor or a real treatment center.

Symptoms of Depression:

Prolonged sadness or unexplained crying spells not prolonged.

Significant changes in appetite and sleep patterns? good appetite / insomnia sometimes

Irritability, anger?, worry?, agitation, anxiety worry, agitation, anxiety.

Pessimism?, indifference Pessimism

Loss of energy?, persistent lethargy lethargy due to lack of sleep

Feelings of guilt, worthlessness feeling of worthlessness

Inability to concentrate, indecisiveness? Inability to concentrate

In ability to take pleasure in former interests, social withdrawal Inability to take pleasure in former interests

Unexplained aches and paints? no unexplained aches and paints.

Recurring thoughts of death or suicide? with thoughts of death or suicide when i feel very down .

OH, I AM REALLY VERY SICK !

if i have serious depression why i care money ?

Edited by fresh

http://kidshealth.org/en/teens/period-blues.html

It's normal to have the blues or feel sick before and during a period. As hormone levels rise and fall during a girl's menstrual cycle, it can affect the way she feels, both physically and emotionally. This is known as premenstrual syndrome, or PMS, and it can make a girl feel like hiding in bed with the covers over her head.

Occasionally, PMS symptoms might include feelings of extreme depression and hopelessness. If this is the case, speak with your doctor — it may be a sign something else is going on.

i couldn't stop checking the info from the investment websites everyday.

since i have known these websites i have OCD.

Edited by fresh

http://kidshealth.org/en/teens/period-blues.html

It's normal to have the blues or feel sick before and during a period. As hormone levels rise and fall during a girl's menstrual cycle, it can affect the way she feels, both physically and emotionally. This is known as premenstrual syndrome, or PMS, and it can make a girl feel like hiding in bed with the covers over her head.

Occasionally, PMS symptoms might include feelings of extreme depression and hopelessness. If this is the case, speak with your doctor it may be a sign something else is going on.

Chill out. Go out with a girlfriend and do something. Oh and believe me that we men know what PMS is...it can be a very dangerous condition but it is never dangerous for the girl if you know what I mean ;)

Chill out. Go out with a girlfriend and do something. Oh and believe me that we men know what PMS is...it can be a very dangerous condition but it is never dangerous for the girl if you know what I mean ;)

thanks.

i dont understand some people with a big success in life have depression.

what are they depressed for ?

thanks.

i dont understand some people with a big success in life have depression.

what are they depressed for ?

If you don't have success and/or money then the elixir of life is those two things. If you do have those things one may realise they are not what they are cracked up to be. Sometimes it's better to be poor and dream of the unattainable; to live in hope is better than knowing there is none.

Yes, I'm a depressive. :)

Seriously, money is distraction not a solution.

Edited by StringJunky

If you don't have success and/or money then the elixir of life is those two things. If you do have those things one may realise they are not what they are cracked up to be. Sometimes it's better to be poor and dream of the unattainable; to live in hope is better than knowing there is none.

Yes, I'm a depressive. :)

Have you ever been through the experience of being poor?

Being poor and remaining poor forever is the reason to get depression.

That is true. But small, good things which require no money will make feel one better. A lot better. To a point in which one will no longer be convinced that he/she will stay poor forever.

@stringJunky

Yes, in First World terms but not Third World terms.

Being poor and remaining poor forever is the reason to get depression.

It depends who you want to measure your circumstances against. To me, poor is worrying about where the next meal is coming from; to someone else it's not being able to go on ones usual winter holiday at Gstaad this year.

scientifically, feeling depressed is not called depression.

Any problems to be solved by money should not be diagnosed as the real depression.

Financial problems may very well lead to a depression ... I'm not sure if a regeneration of financial wealth will thus fix the depression, but it may most certainly contribute to it in such cases. However, once a real depression has struck, more therapy is needed than a financial boost.

Edited by Function

Financial problems may very well lead to a depression ... I'm not sure if a regeneration of financial wealth will thus fix the depression, but it may most certainly contribute to it in such cases. However, once a real depression has struck, more therapy is needed than a financial boost.

you are right, there are some cases that some businessmen killed themselves after their business went bust.

you are right, there are some cases that some businessmen killed themselves after their business went bust.

I clearly remember the case of a suicide, a young guy who had been playing the stock market and generated a capital of 32 million pounds sterling. There was a stock market crash and he lost half within 24 hours.Anybody in that situation who felt life was not living because he only had 16 million pounds left has obviously lost the plot. It makes you wonder what the hell was going on in his mind - I'd be quite chuffed with half that amount, or even a sixteenth. Wait - I'll settle for a thirtytooth.

I clearly remember the case of a suicide, a young guy who had been playing the stock market and generated a capital of 32 million pounds sterling. There was a stock market crash and he lost half within 24 hours.Anybody in that situation who felt life was not living because he only had 16 million pounds left has obviously lost the plot. It makes you wonder what the hell was going on in his mind - I'd be quite chuffed with half that amount, or even a sixteenth. Wait - I'll settle for a thirtytooth.

I wonder if he had a real depression after the terrible news? Or if his act was rather out of impulse? It doesn't seem likely to me that all of a sudden, one can become depressed, to me it seems as if you 'grow' a depression, rather than suddenly fall victim to it, given the neuropsychiatrical basis of a depression ...

Edited by Function

This harks back to what I said earlier about everybody has a different idea of where poverty starts. Would Bill Gates be on a massive downer if he lost 80 billion dollars and was down to his last billion.