The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

what a twisted view of exciting you have.

Well, I'm a twisted person ;)

i prefer stuf i can actually see happenening.

I prefer to understand reality, regardless of whether or not i can actually "see" it happening. :D

nice to see you have a sense of humour.

Thanks, and ditto, btw.

actually its just i find theoretical physics a tad boring. and mind warping with extra dimensions and stuff. i'll stick to 5 and be happy.

Ahh...well, there's more to theoretical physics than umpteen-dimensional theories with strings and branes and whatknots. I personally am not into all that (at least not yet). But, like I said, I just started on my masters, and I don't think it's quite appropriate to start with such highly speculative conjecturing when there's still a lot that needs to be grasped about already established theories, theories with actual experimental support. Theories like relativity and quantum mechanics are deep and subtle theories with somewhat elusive aspects that I think ought to be explored before I even start considering the hypotheses of the many "rogue theorists" (aka string "theorists") and such. I'm not even ready to abandon a strictly 4-dimensional world-view!

Where you doing your masters? It a UG one?

Here at Exeter we've just taken on our last lot of theorists, or maybe that was last year.... all the modules are just options now, just no set named degree, too few people applying :(

Hey there!

Well I'm Ollie, from London.

Nice to virtually meet you and all that lark! :P

*shakes hand*

I want to be a vet and hoping to go to university next year so if anyone whats to chat about veterinary medicine and subjects surrounding it then I'll be happy :)

Well, I'll chat about anything scientific really...i'm not that fussy!

Talk to you later !

Ollie x:D

I'm a new member here and thought it only proper to introduce myself. My forum name is solo and for good reason. It's the way I've lived my life so far and most likely the way it will end. At any rate, I hope to be an asset to these forums always keeping in mind the attitude of a peace maker. I am greatful to be able to share in both your thoughts and offer a few of my own..........solo

Guest fragpatrol

Hi I'm Harvey and a former biochemist turned brewer in a far away land. I spread happiness and chaos, it's great. I used to deal with array technologies but now a lot of my life revolves around heat transfer. And what happens in my liver. Now I don't study for a degree but for fun, which I think is OK.

I thought for any new members that we have, it might be nice to introduce yourself. feel free to do so here :)

hello,

Im kinda like a fish person or something. I study fish all kinds of fish.big fish little fish red fish blue fish, benthic fish, bathypelagic fish, pelagic fish, fish with big teeth fish with cosmoid and ganoid scales and just any old fish crap.. give me a holler

Im sorry for creating my own post, ill post it here instead

"Hello, have just signed up to this forum. Unlike many of you i'm sure, i am only 14 and therefore will not understand half your saying. I have several friends similar to me, who we discuss philosophy, science and just about everything else we can. It usually ends with one of us revising our views on the subject.

I am sure you may think im too young, but will learn everything i can from the site.

Thanks, Corillian"

I'm 46, married, 3 kids, live in New Zealand and I am a Priest & Theologian <runs and hides> What I am NOT is a YEC or, hopefully, content to remain ignorant.
Welcome kiwimac! Don't forget to stop by our sister site, Theology Forums. We welcome your spiritual views there and hope you can add to our knowledge.

And welcome to SFN as well. I like the "not content to remain ignorant" bit (what a great bumper sticker!). Happy posting!

Guest alizea_hero

Hi! I'm Alizea.. I'm also new here... >>huh? ASCII shortcuts not allowed here??<< I'm still a highschool student... I just stumbled upon this site and thought that I can get some help for homework here in the future... :P

Guest johnnex

hello guys,, johnnex here, im interest is on biodiversity study.. well,, my latest concern now is the Crocodyllus mindorensis (a croc)..

• 3 weeks later...