A supernatural phenomena - 70 years without eating?

seriously disabled

How do you explain this mysterious phenomenon?

An Indian yogi says that he survived 70 years without eating.

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/05/10/4380027-70-years-without-eating-starving-yogi-says-its-true

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/7645857/Man-claims-to-have-had-no-food-or-drink-for-70-years.html

This phenomenon cannot be natural or can it?

Edited by seriously disabled

He doesn't need to eat or drink but he has to gargle a lot?! It's not uncommon to be able to go more than a week without food, and it sounds like all the studies done on this guy don't go past about 10 days. And if he doesn't go to the bathroom or work up a sweat, why does he need to bathe often? There are ways to stash water from casual observers if you get to submerse yourself in it.

Mr Jani, who claims to have left home aged seven and lived as a wandering sadhu or holy man in Rajasthan, is regarded as a 'breatharian' who can live on a 'spiritual life-force' alone. He believes he is sustained by a goddess who pours an 'elixir' through a hole in his palate. His claims have been supported by an Indian doctor who specializes in studies of people who claim supernatural abilities, but he has also been dismissed by others as a "village fraud."

He claims that he gets his sustenance from nasal mucus... yuck!!! :blink:

The palate is the roof of the mouth in humans and other mammals. It separates the oral cavity from the nasal cavity.[1] A similar structure is found in crocodilians, but, in most other tetrapods, the oral and nasal cavities are not truly separate. The palate is divided into two parts, the anterior bony hard palate, and the posterior fleshy soft palate or velum. [2][3][4]The maxillary nerve branch of the trigeminal nerve (V) supplies sensory innervation to the palate.

He's a filter feeder lol!!!

Edited by Daedalus

All living things must eat to sustain life. Is he really fat?

You must drink water to survive. Humans wont live past a week without it. You can suspend your body in water to passively absorb water through your skin. Not the best way but its possible. So is this guy swimming constantly?

The simplest explanation is this guy is totally a fraud.

Offer proof of the goddess sustaining him. Why him? Why not the countless millions of other humans (just like him) that are starving in this world...and dying from it?

• 2 weeks later...
Offer proof of the goddess sustaining him. Why him? Why not the countless millions of other humans (just like him) that are starving in this world...and dying from it?

Maybe he is just not like the majority of people. Maybe he is a superhuman being with extra-ordinary abilities. If someone here reads a bit of DC comics then Vandal Savage comes to my mind. Both are immortals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality_in_fiction

A scientific explanation for Breatharianism...

http://zentara.net/t5.htm

http://electro-denizen.hubpages.com/hub/living-without-food-and-water-Breatharianism-is-it-possible

http://www.fruitnut.net/HTML/106_Breaths_People_Hira_Ratan_Manek.htm

All living things must eat to sustain life. Is he really fat?

You must drink water to survive. Humans wont live past a week without it. You can suspend your body in water to passively absorb water through your skin. Not the best way but its possible. So is this guy swimming constantly?

The simplest explanation is this guy is totally a fraud.

Offer proof that he is fraud.

That he claims to have not eaten in 70 years pretty much says it all... He's a liar...

You can't know that.

There are many things that science cannot explain and probably will never be able to fully explain, not even in 100,000,000 years from now. Besides science has discovered some really strange things like dark matter, dark energy, black holes and invisible particles passing right through the body.

You can't know that.

There are many things that science cannot explain and probably will never be able to fully explain, not even in 100,000,000 years from now. Besides science has discovered some really strange things like dark matter, dark energy, black holes and invisible particles passing right through the body.

Yes I can, I'd bet my life on it, lock him up in a room so he cannot possibly eat, never mind the water, give him all the water he wants, he can drink it or bath in it or what ever, make sure no one can possibly give him food, come back in 90 days, you'll have a corpse, not a holy man... he is making the positive assertion, he must prove it, he cannot....

Edited by Moontanman

Maybe he is just not like the majority of people. Maybe he is a superhuman being with extra-ordinary abilities. If someone here reads a bit of DC comics then Vandal Savage comes to my mind. Both are immortals.

Or, maybe gullible people believe silly things far too easily and should continue educating themselves in an attempt to inoculate themselves against the multiple forms of nonsense they're sure to encounter throughout their lifetimes.

You can't know that.

Yeah... so?

Those are not equal to a fellow claiming he's not eaten for 70 years.

In terms of likelihood, we're looking at a simple scam. It's up to him to prove it's not.

Yeah... so?

Those are not equal to a fellow claiming he's not eaten for 70 years.

In terms of likelihood, we're looking at a simple scam. It's up to him to prove it's not.

I don't think he needs to prove anything. If his followers believe that's all that matters. After all L.Ron Hubbard has been to Venus (twice):rolleyes:

Oh this guy, his name is Prahlad Jani, I was there watching the TV when this news broke out, this was some long time back, perhaps it might have took a while to spread this news across in the west. This experiment and tests was conducted by the Ahmedabad storling hospital and their doctors and the argument from other doctors is that the hospital might have made a huge scam just to increase the fame and name of the hospital and I really don't know how much truth there is behind all this. One funny thing is that he claimed to produce and pass more urine everytime on request by doctors even though he didn't took any food or water for Ten days. LoL

In India you'll find many people like that if you try really hard high up in the himalayas and I don't think it would be a bad idea to start a project to analyse those individuals but its ridiculous to think that such a project will help the military because those people have adapted their bodies to such hostile environments and conditions by doing yoga and enhancing energy from the supernatural realm and it can not be stimulated in any other way and you can't expect the militants to go and sit hiding in a cave doing yoga for 20 to 30 years while the country is under a missile attack from above and the bad thing is by the time they get that power of surviving without food or water they would have turned into something else(spiritual beings) and they definitely wouldn't like to go on for a war because they'll bow down and say "Buddha bless you" when you try to give AK 47's to them.

How do you explain this mysterious phenomenon?

An Indian yogi says that he survived 70 years without eating.

http://bodyodd.msnbc...i-says-its-true

http://www.telegraph...r-70-years.html

This phenomenon cannot be natural or can it?

This man is an example of piety he thinks that if everyone thinks he's seen the light then he must be important.

(edit) He can't understand that nobody really cares, so not important unless he can share his insight.

Edited by dimreepr

That is because in a closed room there is no sunlight to give him energy.

This guy obviously gets his energies from sunlight, much like the fictional character Superman.

He has shared his insight but we misinterpret it due to our finite senses, He is not talking about the light coming from the sun which forms the center of the solar system and revolves around the blackhole of the Milkyway Galaxy, he is talking about the light which comes from the Sun God which is existing in a supernatural realm and hence locking up in a closed room will be just fine, he is getting those energies from somewhere else definitely not from this world.

He has shared his insight but we misinterpret it due to our finite senses, He is not talking about the light coming from the sun which forms the center of the solar system and revolves around the blackhole of the Milkyway Galaxy, he is talking about the light which comes from the Sun God which is existing in a supernatural realm and hence locking up in a closed room will be just fine, he is getting those energies from somewhere else definitely not from this world.

So, either he is getting his "energies" from a Sun God, in a way that cannot be explained except as supernatural instead of chemical energy like all other animal life on the earth.

Or he is a fraud... I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say... lock him in a closed room for about 90 days and see how holy his corpse is when you go back to see him... Seriously, if he is real he should have no problems with it...

So, either he is getting his "energies" from a Sun God, in a way that cannot be explained except as supernatural instead of chemical energy like all other animal life on the earth.

Or he is a fraud... I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say... lock him in a closed room for about 90 days and see how holy his corpse is when you go back to see him... Seriously, if he is real he should have no problems with it...

Yes very true, I agree, Such a test will indeed show whether his claims have any credence or not.

I saw a video somewhere suggesting that this guy got his energy from the sun; some physicians ran some experiments on him while he was kept in a closed room for a week. Monitored his vitals and everything.

Without seeing the study published in a peer-reviewed medical journal, I don't know whether to buy it or not.