Things I love....

Phi for All

I love the fact that, although the economy is hurting, it means that manufacturers need to get rid of inventory and there's a lot of 50-70% off sales, even at the grocery store.

I love that people are too busy judging celebrity dancing to judge me.

I love people who can't help the funny laugh they have.

I love enthusiasm and those who find joy in small and outwardly unimportant matters

I love St James's Park in the autumn

I love espresso coffee - but have just had throw out my machine; however, I love spending too much time bargain hunting on the net

I love a flaccid argument heavy on the Effortless, light on substance I can return to at the end of the day in my downtime.:)~

Bing, I got you covered.

Things I love....

I love the specific shade of green everything turns after it rains.

I love the little window in my shower in this strange, tiny apartment... if I shower at a certain time of day there are an uncountable amount of rainbows all around me.

I love the stars... and how my terrible day just disappears when I simply look into the night sky & remember how small I am.

I love iced coffee, it's my daily vice. Even in the winter. Hot beverages make me nauseous.

I love it when two probable events happen simultaneously to make an improbable event, like when someone kicks a dog and then gets drenched when a passing car hits a puddle.

Having gone from vinyl to 8-track to cassettes to CDs, I love my iPod. And I love you, Steve!

I love the European way of chaining grocery carts together so you have to put a coin in to get one, then either put the cart back to retrieve your coin or let some kid get the coin for putting it back for you.

Things I love...

Lucid minds.

Repairing my now-happy friend's $3400 huge TV replacing $10 worth of crappy chinese parts after a service centre asked $200 just to 'bring it in'.

Designing a device that nobody thought of before and have it working well.

Scuba diving.

Jokes about leeches... sorry, -lawyers-.

Brutally simple clever solutions.

Picking discarded items and putting them to work in a way that everyone wants one now.

Daily driving anywhere my 50 year old car.

40 years old music.

Edited by Externet

would you please try supporting your bizarre theories? I don't see any evidence that proves grocery stores exist. please attach sources. THIS IS A SCIENCE FORUM.

They exist near me

http://www.google.com/#q=Food+lion&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=plcs&tbo=u&ei=652XTsDtBsqbtwf125zhAw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=8&sqi=2&ved=0CHwQtQMwBw&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=9657de7fe756f828&biw=1152&bih=777

http://www.harristeeter.com/

Then here are the piggly wiggly's, lol

http://www.pigglywiggly.com/

I love reality, even when it bites....

jesus. what is this brilliant phenomena youve displayed before me!

where im at, we have Fairway Market. theyre amazing. you can find everything. the most obscure things.

"Oktoberfest with coca-cola" ????

As Appolinaria pointed out, this is a Science Forum: you cannot seriously support your claims with a reference that spreads over the web such a nonsense.

Their sanity was not at issue. Their existence was the only thing questioned.

I love nitpicking others.

"Oktoberfest with coca-cola" ????

As Appolinaria pointed out, this is a Science Forum: you cannot seriously support your claims with a reference that spreads over the web such a nonsense.

Michel, you are a genius... please keep supporting my dictatorship over this thread and I shall knight you.

Michel, you are a genius...

I know. But it makes me feel well when someone else realize that. You made my day, thank you.

@Phi

My little experience here tells me that the quality of references on this Forum is a must. It seems to me that you made a quick search on the Web for groceries in order to prove they exist. I can likewise make a quick google "Extraterrestials are here", get 9680000 results and claim that extraterrestrials are here.

You could impress the audience providing us a scientific proof that indeed you have in your neighbouhood a grocery that makes reduction on its prices.

You ask that from other members in other more serious threads.

Edited by michel123456

You could impress the audience providing us a scientific proof that indeed you have in your neighbouhood a grocery that makes reduction on its prices.

King-SOopers-Colorado-182x300.jpg

Here is an advertisement from a local supermarket. And I anticipated your argument that an ad like this could be forged or Photoshopped so I took it down to the docks and had several independent fishermen verify its authenticity.

So my evidence has even been pier-reviewed.

I love puns.

Nonsense. Fishermen wrap fish with your paper.

I love this thread.

-----------------

Prices of

USDA Choice T-Bone Steak – $5.99/lb

&

Huggies Baby Wipes (184-216 ct) – $4.99

are the same in this add dated September 15 2010, one year ago.

BTW are you living in Colorado?

---------------

edit.

Seriously

In my neighbourhood I cannot discern prices getting lower due to the crisis, quite the contrary. What I can see is a lot of small businesses closing, even a local supermarket group in bankruptcy. I do not love that.

Edited by michel123456

I love the European way of chaining grocery carts together so you have to put a coin in to get one, then either put the cart back to retrieve your coin or let some kid get the coin for putting it back for you.

Near DC they also do it at some stores. Not just European. Saves the stores the staff needed to put them back.

Nonsense. Fishermen wrap fish with your paper.

Which means my pier-reviewed paper is now accepted by the salmontific community. Price Reduction Theory is a reality.

Prices of

USDA Choice T-Bone Steak – $5.99/lb

&

Huggies Baby Wipes (184-216 ct) – $4.99

are the same in this add dated September 15 2010, one year ago.

Since that time, we have stopped wiping the baby with steak, and have started grilling the Baby Wipes, resulting in a huge savings.

BTW are you living in Colorado?

This is correct.

Seriously

In my neighbourhood I cannot discern prices getting lower due to the crisis, quite the contrary. What I can see is a lot of small businesses closing, even a local supermarket group in bankruptcy. I do not love that.

Seriously, I didn't say prices are going down, I said there are a lot of temporary sales offering 50-70% off, which indicates that there is a need to move inventory off the shelves. A few items at 2 for 1 might be incentive to come in and shop, but the number I'm seeing indicates, along with the bankruptcies and shop closures you mention, that people aren't able to purchase as much.

I love silver linings on dark clouds.

Near DC they also do it at some stores. Not just European. Saves the stores the staff needed to put them back.

I love when Americans can adopt smart ideas that come from foreign countries. Maybe someday we can learn to let asphalt cure like Germany does.