Why are so many Muslim countries poor countries?

Mr Rayon

20 minutes ago, Hans de Vries said:

It is not hard to be rich if you're sitting on largest oil reserves in the world. 

That is a) not true  and b) is moving the goal post. But overall acknowledging that there are more factors is what my basic comment alluded to. Wealth of a country is not based on singular factors, but depends on many aspects. Including access (but also sovereignty over resources). The simplified narratives as used in the original OP do not do the complexity of the region. 

Arabic speaking countries have been until recently tribal societies with little in terms of national consciousness among the population. Their borders are also set rather arbitrarily.

This was mostly true in Germany until rather suddenly it wasn't, for example. And again, your comments are also factually wrong, considering that the country you outlined have lower health indicators than many Arabic speaking countries. 

Edit: Crossposted with other with similar comments.

1 hour ago, Hans de Vries said:

@CharonY is the reason of Muslim countries' poverty in your opinion?

As I and other have said, the premise is clearly wrong. There is a huge disparity between rich and poor Muslim countries as there are between Christian countries. Trying to find a singular explanation for someone that does not exist in the presented form is a fool's errand.

20 hours ago, MigL said:

Money is an exchange between two entities.
If someone offers you money and you take it, you are both complicit.
Blaming one side only is raather silly.

That sounds like a defence argument in a rape trial...

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

That sounds like a defence argument in a rape trial...

I think you have rape and prostitution mixed up.

If you choose to get involved with unsavoury people, Phi, you should be prepared for the consequences of your choice.
Remember the old adage about lying down with pigs ...

If your choices are not eating or borrowing money from the mob, you should be prepared to either starve, or, have your kneecaps drilled, if you can't re-pay.
( depending on your choice )
No-one else is as responsible for the choices you make.

1 minute ago, MigL said:

I think you have rape and prostitution mixed up.

What's the difference?

Oh wait, money...

6 minutes ago, MigL said:

If your choices are not eating or borrowing money from the mob, you should be prepared to either starve, or, have your kneecaps drilled, if you can't re-pay.

Indeed, it's no surprise that a high-paid lawyer; cost's more...

And the poor end up in prison...

14 minutes ago, MigL said:

If you choose to get involved with unsavoury people, Phi, you should be prepared for the consequences of your choice.
Remember the old adage about lying down with pigs ...

This is why there are so many victims of predation worldwide, because they're blamed along with the perpetrators by folks like you, folks who could make a difference if they'd give up their Iron Age righteousness. These pigs are wolves and are often dressed like sheep, legitimized by those in power so you can't possibly recognize them. 

Having lots of money gives advantages you aren't acknowledging in your arguments. It's not just the buying power, it's the ability to financially change any given market in ways those without extreme wealth can't. It's sad that you seem to hold victims equally to blame when the field is far from even.

39 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

What's the difference?

Oh wait, money...

You are a defense attorney's dream. Just tell your clients to throw some money at their victims after they've raped them and now they can only be convicted of being a 'John'.

You might want to rethink your answer.

1 minute ago, zapatos said:

You are a defense attorney's dream. Just tell your clients to throw some money at their victims after they've raped them and now they can only be convicted of being a 'John'.

You might want to rethink your answer.

Which cost's more???

No, Phi is a defense attorney's dream.

"Your Honour, my client had no choice in the matter; every, and all, injustices he committed were choices forced on him by the inherent power structures of the universe. He is, as a result, innocent !"

Sometimes it's a choice between equally bad outcomes, but you always have a choice

8 hours ago, MigL said:

No, Phi is a defense attorney's dream.

"Your Honour, my client had no choice in the matter; every, and all, injustices he committed were choices forced on him by the inherent power structures of the universe. He is, as a result, innocent !"

Sometimes it's a choice between equally bad outcomes, but you always have a choice

Hmm. Not sure how that relates. I actually thought I was supporting your position on rape vs prostitution.

9 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Which cost's more???

As I've never gone to a prostitute I can't say I know what the price structure is.

As I've never thrown money at a rape victim I'll have to plead ignorance on that one too.

Perhaps you know which costs more?

1 hour ago, MigL said:

We seem to have digressed.

Not necessarily a bad thing since the entire premise of the thread was shit from the start, and yet despite that here we all are 4 pages later still sweeping away one ignorant dropping after another.

3 hours ago, iNow said:

Not necessarily a bad thing since the entire premise of the thread was shit from the start, and yet despite that here we all are 4 pages later still sweeping away one ignorant dropping after another.

4 pages and 10 years. If anything it shows how persistent stereotypes are.

12 hours ago, zapatos said:

As I've never gone to a prostitute I can't say I know what the price structure is.

As I've never thrown money at a rape victim I'll have to plead ignorance on that one too.

Perhaps you know which costs more?

I've never been hungry enough to eat from a bin, but I have been thirsty enough to drink from it's equivalent; money had no part to play.

A victim of circumstance, is still a victim; whatever the circumstances.

12 hours ago, MigL said:

We seem to have digressed.

Have we?

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

I've never been hungry enough to eat from a bin, but I have been thirsty enough to drink from it's equivalent; money had no part to play.

Then why are you asking me which costs more?

10 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

No, i just questioned his premise...

Great. Seems weird, and frustrating frankly. You suggested money was the only difference between prostitution and rape. Zapatos rightly said this was a dangerous position to espouse since a rapist could simply throw money at their victim and claim he was a customer. 

You then asked him which cost more. It was a weird question which didn’t make sense, but Zap politely shared he didn’t have experience in this space and asked you which YOU thought cost more. He was trying to progress the conversation forward.

In response, you claimed money plays no part. Again, seemed contrary to your previous posts so he next asked why you were asking him which costs more, and you said “I’m not asking.”

Seriously, stop playing games or don’t post if that’s not possible for you. 

Edited by iNow

19 minutes ago, iNow said:

Great. Seems weird, and frustrating frankly. You suggested money was the only difference between prostitution and rape. Zapatos rightly said this was a dangerous position to espouse since a rapist could simply throw money at their victim and claim he was a customer. 

You then asked him which cost more. It was a weird question which didn’t make sense, but Zap politely shared he didn’t have experience in this space and asked you which YOU thought cost more. He was trying to progress the conversation forward.

In response, you claimed money plays no part. Again, seemed contrary to your previous posts so he next asked why you were asking him which costs more, and you said “I’m not asking.”

Seriously, stop playing games or don’t post if that’s not possible for you. 

Thank you. Gets very frustrating some times.

Aww, cut Dim some slack; Dim will be Dim.

All of his posts have the added benefit that you can play a game trying to guess what he means. 
And I think his game is trying to make his posts shorter and shorter, just to confound us 😄😄 .