Latest "Bushism" says it all

Phi for All

A bit of both. As we all know, the words we chose are very important when making a speach. Often, for the sake of a fluid speach, I will substitute a word that works for the one that I can't think of. Just as I'm about to say it, though, a better word comes to me and then they come out as one jibberish-style word. So towards the begining of the speach I just freeze up and take a while to get through the speach. By the end, I'm making up words but am more comfortable in front of everyone. I can't seem to win.

Given the position he holds, it is shocking the number of times he can allow himself to mess up when the entire world watches.

They even run a comic strip in papers here about Bush and Bushisms called "dubyaman". I think this constant screwing up affects not only his reputation but also that of USA (After all he represents US to the world).

Well, slipping up during a speech doesn't necessarily dumb. However, Bush shouldn't be doing it as often as he does. Speaking to the public is part of Bush's job. As someone stated before in this post, Bush has a cabinet and many advisors to help him make decisions. Thus, he gets plenty of help in forming national policy and deciding the countries fate. Since he has this cabinet and his advisors to help him decide our fate, he plays mainly an iconic role. The president is the figurehead of the United states. Part of the Presidents job is to speak in public. Theres no justification of a person not being able to perform his/her job.

• 1 month later...

Character - bush
corner_tl.gif corner_tr.gif
tail.gif
Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat.
corner_bl.gif corner_br.gif

George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 17, 2004

Character - bush
tail.gif
It's the Afghan national army that went into Najaf and did the work there.

George W. Bush, referring to Iraqi troops during a joint press conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi, Washington, D.C., Sept. 23, 2004

Character - bush
tail.gif
Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country.

George W. Bush, Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

I don't believe that partisan analysis of speech errors of political figures is a valid form of debate. In spite of what ideologues would have you believe, it can be applied equally to ALL candidates, and it only serves to undermine the importance of debate and discussion in the democratic process.

If you're wondering why the debate tonight was so stiffled and formal, you have no reason to look any farther for reasons than this thread right here.

How do you make those bubbles?
Click the 'Quote' button on post #35 and you can see how I did it. The Bubble Quotes wrap is only for use in General Discussion.
If you're wondering why the debate tonight was so stiffled and formal, you have no reason to look any farther for reasons than this thread right here.
That's why this is in GD, not in the Politics Forum. This is not a debate.
Hey Phi, this is really really great. Golly, how much time do you spend looking for BUSH mistakes? Please post more....I just love them.
This is the only Bushisms site I've ever needed, and before you ask, no, I didn't buy the books.

Political Humor

Oddly enough, I don't see a similar thread about John Kerry here on Science Forums. I wonder why that might be.
I've asked the very same question here myself. I've been criticized before about posting jokes and humorous observations in GD about Bush, but though they complain, no one has bothered, or been able, to find any corresponding material.

Do you think I should do ALL the work? :)

Regardless of the outcome of this election, I think all my political efforts in the future will be aimed at eschewing both major political parties. They are both too obligated to major buisness interests that really don't have my welfare in mind anymore.

I've already changed my business future by leaving a fairly heartless company and a large income for one that is genuinely interested in seeing me succeed. It still amazes me when this new company agrees with me that my family should come first.

Perhaps business needs to remember that people with their dignity intact and their minds full of hope work more efficiently. Maybe when business changes, politics will follow suit.

The difference being that that site is non-partisan. They post jokes about BOTH sides.

Oddly enough' date=' I don't see a similar thread about John Kerry here on Science Forums. I wonder why that might be.[/quote']

Hey Pangloss, I, also,wonder why that may be.

I've asked the very same question here myself. I've been criticized before about posting jokes and humorous observations in GD about Bush, but though they complain, no one has bothered, or been able, to find any corresponding material.

This may be of use.

hehe, found a good one in the news a few weeks ago:

Character - bush
tail.gif
even the most noble ends do not justify any means.

The article was about the prevalence of religion in politics, and the specific quote was Bush trying to say that research on stem cells taken from human fetuses is not justified, but he ended up saying that one shouldn't do anything for noble reasons.