The Banishment of ydoaPs

ydoaPs

I'll be going underway for about a month starting Monday. We'll be doing flight deck certification and carrier quals. That means no SFN for me for the next month. Try not to miss me too much. :cool:

No access to the internet when underway.
Ships and boats don't have cable. It tends to give away their position and restrict their movement.

That makes good sense. Thanks for the quick response, guys.

While lately you're in IRC more than the forums, I (for one) will be glad when you return. Cheers, my fellow heathen. Safe travels.

Ships and boats don't have cable. It tends to give away their position and restrict their movement.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I'd be ON A BOAT!

5QwM4vXex7c

*warning.....slight use of foul language*

I'll be going underway for about a month starting Monday. We'll be doing flight deck certification and carrier quals. That means no SFN for me for the next month. Try not to miss me too much. :cool:

<shriek>

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. oooooooooooooooooooooooo.. ooo... ooo .. oo.. o--Wait, does that mean I can safely watch "LOST" without spoilers? <Squeeeee!>

:D

Be safe, babe, and good luck.

What, no satellite internet?

I think you don't want to be stealing that bandwidth. Think "Arthur Dent making tea on the Heart of Gold."

"Why the hell can't we download that encrypted communication faster?"

"Be patient, Captain. MM2 YDOAPS is posting something to SFN. And downloading pr0n."

My At Sea reading list:

+I Am A Strange Loop

+Becoming Batman

+In The Buddha's Words: An Anthology of Discourses from the Pali Canon

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

It turns out, I'm not going underway. Right before they were about to pull the brow away from the ship(they already had the crane in place too), I got an AmCross message to go home for my mom's funeral.

Whoa. Sorry about your mom, man. Will the ship still be there (will you still be able to go out with the crew) when you're done tending to family stuff?

They pull back in for a day or two in two weeks. I meet up with them then.

It turns out, I'm not going underway. Right before they were about to pull the brow away from the ship(they already had the crane in place too), I got an AmCross message to go home for my mom's funeral.

Oh, ydoaPs, I'm so sorry.. :-(

If there's anything you need and I can give you, don't hesitate to say.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm seriously going underway tomorrow. Flight deck cert is done and now we're going to do carrier quals.

Have Fun, don't forget to jump on IRC when you can and tell us where you are.