Jump to content

Do you think the religion of Islam will ever be respected in a planet where the majority of people are non-Muslims?


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, koti said:

The notion that Hadiths are not followed by all the Muslims is surely no consolation to the people executed in the name of Islam (not in the name of terrorism) How about you go to Riyadh and try to sell your above post to muṭawwi, we'll see if you come back home.

You've been shown to be wrong several times in this thread and yet you continue to vomit this hate filled diatribe, that only helps the people you so clearly hate; no doubt if you go to Riyadh you'd be welcomed as a brother.

Edited by dimreepr
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have said all and more than I intended to and I'm still hitting a wall, I give up. I ackowledge that my views on religion and Islam specifically are firm if not extreme but on the other hand I do no

I too have a question I always wanted to ask you but havent had a chance untill now. Do you know the meaning of the word "Bimbo" ? https://www.google.pl/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the mods, you need to read the Bible: Matthew 5:17 et seq. But this isn't the place for saying that "religion A is better then religion B because..." so please

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

You've been shown to be wrong several times in this thread and yet you continue to vomit this hate filled diatribe, that only helps the people you so clearly hate; no doubt if you go to Riyadh you'd be welcomed as a brother.

I've presented numerous arguments in this thread which you failed to adress either by silence, moronic sheep shagging statements or the above ridiculous and unjust insinuation that I hate people or that my stance helps religious regimes. Plus neither you nor anyone else in this thread managed to show in the slightest trace that "Im wrong" You know why? Because its easy to deffend a rightous stance like mine. Youre only left with silence or sheep shagging to deffend your blindness.

Edited by koti
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DrP said:

What is a Muslim's favourite Meat?

  Hide contents

Is Lamb.

 

Nice dissarming joke DrP. Unfortunately its only semi funny considering the circumstances of the dialog at hand. +1 though.

Edited by koti
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, koti said:

So? I hope you don't mean that we should respect Islam because there are other horrible religions out there.

No, just reiterating my position that it's possible a double standard is being applied. People are singling out perceived flaws in Islam as if they are confined to this religion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, swansont said:

No, just reiterating my position that it's possible a double standard is being applied. People are singling out perceived flaws in Islam as if they are confined to this religion.

Well, you're gonna need to try harder to find double standards in my positions in this thread. I would suggest you wouldn't though because so far it's as futile task as finding sense in Dimreepr's sheep shagging post. 

I would like to point out that you've managed not to address a single one of my arguments in this thread. We keep on revolving around me answering your questions and this strategy is as good against someone with 17 functional neurons as it is annoying to me. I might be the "5th horseman" riding a donkey in the back of the pack but I'm not falling for a dialog filled with silence against my arguments, directed only towards an agenda of catching that one flaw in my posts and using it for basing a rebuttal which would attempt to diminish my line of thought as a whole. Although my donkey rides steadily so far, I would prefer to get out of this conversation before Dimreepr manages to piss me off to a point in which I fall off my ride and give you the chance to use that as foundation to discredit everything I said so far.  

Edited by koti
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, koti said:

I've presented numerous arguments in this thread which you failed to adress either by silence, moronic sheep shagging statements or the above ridiculous and unjust insinuation that I hate people or that my stance helps religious regimes. Plus neither you nor anyone else in this thread managed to show in the slightest trace that "Im wrong" You know why? Because its easy to deffend a rightous stance like mine. Youre only left with silence or sheep shagging to deffend your blindness.

Your correct, righteous indignation is difficult to argue with because it depends solely on emotion, in your case hate.

Just because you say you're wrong, often, doesn't magically make you correct.

No one is asking you to respect Islam or any other religion but I would ask that you respect those that (don't behead or commit other such atrocities) simply believe something you don't.

BTW not everyone in the UK shags sheep. ;) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, koti said:

  I would prefer to get out of this conversation before Dimreepr manages to piss me off to a point in which I fall off my ride and give you the chance to use that as foundation to discredit everything I said so far.  

1

Too late...

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, koti said:

Well, you're gonna need to try harder to find double standards in my positions in this thread. I would suggest you wouldn't though because so far it's as futile task as finding sense in Dimreepr's sheep shagging post. 

I would like to point out that you've managed not to address a single one of my arguments in this thread. We keep on revolving around me answering your questions and this strategy is as good against someone with 17 functional neurons as it is annoying to me. I might be the "5th horseman" riding a donkey in the back of the pack but I'm not falling for a dialog filled with silence against my arguments, directed only towards an agenda of catching that one flaw in my posts and using it for basing a rebuttal which would attempt to diminish my line of thought as a whole. Although my donkey rides steadily so far, I would prefer to get out of this conversation before Dimreepr manages to piss me off to a point in which I fall off my ride and give you the chance to use that as foundation to discredit everything I said so far.  

As far as I can see, you haven't made any arguments. You have basically repeated (ad nauseam) "I hate Muslims therefore they are all evil."

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Your correct, righteous indignation is difficult to argue with because it depends solely on emotion, in your case hate.

Just because you say you're wrong, often, doesn't magically make you correct.

No one is asking you to respect Islam or any other religion but I would ask that you respect those that (don't behead or commit other such atrocities) simply believe something you don't.

BTW not everyone in the UK shags sheep. ;) 

 

 Where did I state in this thread that I hate people? You better come up with an answer or an apology and you better do it quick because I'm actually taking offence in this. I'm attacking religion and the doctrine of Islam throughout this whole thread and nothing else. I have not stated anywhere that I hate people - Muslims or anyone else. I do get pissed off though when somebody shoves stuff which I didn't say into my mouth, please stop doing it. 

 

 

27 minutes ago, Manticore said:

As far as I can see, you haven't made any arguments. You have basically repeated (ad nauseam) "I hate Muslims therefore they are all evil."

What I wrote to Dimreepr applies to your above post too. I have not stated anywhere in this thread that I hate Muslims and I take offence in such insinuations.  

Edited by koti
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

Too late...

It's not too late. Saying it is, is taking away my right to leave. Do you like to take away peoples rights Dimreepr?

Edited by koti
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, koti said:

 Where did I state in this thread that I hate people? You better come up with an answer or an apology and you better do it quick because I'm actually taking offence in this. I'm attacking the doctrine of Islam throughout this whole thread and I have not stated anywhere that I hate people.  

2

When did I say you hate people?

BTW "sheepshagger" is often considered offensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koti said:

 
I would like to point out that you've managed not to address a single one of my arguments in this thread.  

I've not attempted to address points of your yours, with one exception*. "Managed" implies I am under some obligation to do so. It's not a current goal of mine to do that.

*I pointed out a claim of yours was false and subsequently fallacious. Otherwise my only engagement has been trying to understand your distinction between religion and culture.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dimreepr said:

When did I say you hate people?

BTW "sheepshagger" is often considered offensive.

First you post a moronic post about shagging sheep then I quote you on it and now you're trying to put this on me?
This is beyond ridiculous. Go sell your "inner peace" to somebody who's got the nerves for it, I don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swansont said:

I've not attempted to address points of your yours, with one exception*. "Managed" implies I am under some obligation to do so. It's not a current goal of mine to do that.

*I pointed out a claim of yours was false and subsequently fallacious. Otherwise my only engagement has been trying to understand your distinction between religion and culture.

Fair enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, koti said:

First you post a moronic post about shagging sheep then I quote you on it and now you're trying to put this on me?
This is beyond ridiculous. Go sell your "inner peace" to somebody who's got the nerves for it, I don't.

1

I feel genuinely sorry for you, but inner peace is easy, just stop worrying about shit you have no control over.

For instance, I really don't care about your insults because 'I know' they aren't true and I don't care what you think of me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

I feel genuinely sorry for you, but inner peace is easy, just stop worrying about shit you have no control over.

For instance, I really don't care about your insults because 'I know' they aren't true and I don't care what you think of me.

I'm sory but I'd rather go on a mountain hike with a quadriplegic than continue in this thread with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, koti said:

I'm sory but I'd rather go on a mountain hike with a quadriplegic than continue in this thread with you.

No problem, it's your choice...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, koti said:

The notion that Hadiths are not followed by all the Muslims is surely no consolation to the people executed in the name of Islam (not in the name of terrorism) How about you go to Riyadh and try to sell your above post to mutṭawa, we'll see if you come back home.

It's not meant to be a consolation, it's meant to highlight that the religion by itself isn't enough to make a Muslim state or population adopt the death penalty for apostasy. It would appear something else is required. I don't see why this is a contentious issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

It's not meant to be a consolation, it's meant to highlight that the religion by itself isn't enough to make a Muslim state or population adopt the death penalty for apostasy. It would appear something else is required. I don't see why this is a contentious issue.

If not the Islamic religious doctrine, than what according to you is the reason for adopting the death penalty for apostasy?
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, koti said:

If not the Islamic religious doctrine, than what according to you is the reason for adopting the death penalty for apostasy?
 

I don't know. But if Islam and only Islam was the sole determinant then we would expect to see all Muslim countries and populations adopt the death penalty for apostasy. We don't see that, therefore there are other factors involved. Which is not to say Islamic doctrine does or does not contribute, only that if it does contribute it is one factor among others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

I don't know. But if Islam and only Islam was the sole determinant then we would expect to see all Muslim countries and populations adopt the death penalty for apostasy. We don't see that, therefore there are other factors involved. Which is not to say Islamic doctrine does or does not contribute, only that if it does contribute it is one factor among others.

Not all Muslim countries adopt the Islamic religious doctrine in its fullness and that is the only reason why "only" a dozen countries execute apostates.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. This discussion went south rather quickly.
I do feel bad for the sheep though.

Don't sweat it Koti.
The last resort of those losing an argument is name-calling and labelling.
"You don't agree with me, so you must be a hateful person, since I have inner peace"
And the only argument ever presented, "Ignore it, and it will go away".

Consider the argument won.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MigL said:

Wow. This discussion went south rather quickly.
I do feel bad for the sheep though.

Don't sweat it Koti.
The last resort of those losing an argument is name-calling and labelling.
"You don't agree with me, so you must be a hateful person, since I have inner peace"
And the only argument ever presented, "Ignore it, and it will go away".

Consider the argument won.

Is that the point of discussion on this forum, in a philosophy sub section thread no less, to win or lose?

Edited by Ten oz
to complete sentence
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, koti said:

Not all Muslim countries adopt the Islamic religious doctrine in its fullness and that is the only reason why "only" a dozen countries execute apostates.

Well this is the crux of the matter. Why is it that adopting those Hadiths which prescribe the death penalty is the 'fullness' of Islam while those not prescribing any punishment is 'watered down' Islam. They are acknowledged as being the works of man, and therefore fallible (unlike the Quran). Following one Hadith rather than another is a matter of interpretation.

I feel this is not a trivial point. Demonising all of Islam as evil slams the door shut on those mild Muslims who want to remain Muslim and see their religion co-exist peacefully with others: if all Islam is evil, it doesn't matter what Hadiths they follow, they are either evil or not true Muslims. This seems a sure way of further radicalising Islam and it has enough problems in that area already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.