Everything posted by dimreepr
-
TFG or That Florida Guy? Either way, can the GOP win in 2024?
Apparently??? I have to trust which ever vacuous brand you choose to believe, and neither of them were a python???
-
Could this form of fusion work
I don't think fusion can work, in the same way that room temperature super conducting can't...
-
Your thoughts on Islam?
Except in the banking sector, where the opposite is true... Bank of Dave (film) - Wikipedia
-
A philosophical model for the Brain based on Turing machines
So which came first, the philosophical model or the machine that proves it?
-
I'm gonna make this clear. Someone is using a definition of "trolling" that I'm not familiar with.
Where would be the fun in that? The thing is, the only thing I really said in that thread was, you can't possibly know that your assertion is true; "No sir you didn't like it", you got so angry 😡 that you blocked me. I'm with @iNow that seems a little asymmetric.
-
Overpopulation in 2023
The system becomes unsustainable, when the amount of work done isn't enough to feed us... Age has little to do with it...
-
TFG or That Florida Guy? Either way, can the GOP win in 2024?
Indeed, for Trump to win the GOP will have to pull some serious strings, not least of which is maintaining the illusion that he has any idea why his supporters are supporting him? Other than his God-like genes-ios... Sorry folks I forgot to explain this one; it can be read in 2 different way's: a, God genes like Ios and b, Godlike genios; both of which he would approve, although he'd have know idea where the sniggering was coming from... 😉
-
What is the nature of our existence?
Just wondering...
-
What is the nature of our existence?
Nope, I'm just asking if you know what the number is???
-
Overpopulation in 2023
Everyone is part of the problem, even the holier than though; it's a side effect of being alive...
-
What is the nature of our existence?
Is that the latin for the number?
-
What is the nature of our existence?
So, what's the number?
-
What is the nature of our existence?
Is there a number for the value of ethics?
-
Age limit for political positions- Split from: An observation on gun control
It's more about consequence than competence, I'm fine with tapping the mine of wisdom; but mindful of the fact that they're human and so their personal outlook would be heavily biased towards them existing in the very short term, relatively. And passing down his fiefdom to HIS children, the success of society would be a lucky coincidence.
-
I'm gonna make this clear. Someone is using a definition of "trolling" that I'm not familiar with.
Is that your last word?
-
Age limit for political positions- Split from: An observation on gun control
Your quip would be cutting, if the first halve of my post wasn't both accurate and relevant; but since we find ourselves in this half, my objection of the 80+ year olds in political influence, isn't based on competence it's based on the fact that it's not their world, anymore.
-
Your thoughts on Islam?
My thoughts on Islam is the word prophet, the idea that someone would come along in a different place and time, with the same idea but a different God. When are we going to realise that a good idea is not always a magical snare...
-
Today I identify as a trans aardvark called Samantha
I'm not sure you do, which one of us is content with least?
-
Today I identify as a trans aardvark called Samantha
Whatever floats your boat... The thing is, I'll have to try really hard too care much if I'm not emotionally invested...
-
Today I identify as a trans aardvark called Samantha
Hence the reason I said I wasn't defending him, but I stand by "we all do", because politically we have to align for a definition to have any meaning at all...
-
Age limit for political positions- Split from: An observation on gun control
The problem is, most of these people think they can remember what it was like, when it was written down... 80+ year olds should NOT!!! have a political opinion, let alone a finger on the trigger...
-
Today I identify as a trans aardvark called Samantha
We've discussed this topic many time's on this site and my position has always been strongly in favour of people being allowed to be who they think they are. What I've learned from the many, many page's of conversation on this and related topics (sport et all) is that repeating the scientific evidence does very little to change the mind of someone who's main argument is the meme "the definition of an expert is, ex is someone who was and spurt is a drip under pressure." The ethics of this discussion is clear for all, it's the politics that should be under scrutiny; my apologies for not being a better satirist. I thought my quip about a craving for ants named steve, was really funny; be a shame if it got me cancelled.
-
I'm gonna make this clear. Someone is using a definition of "trolling" that I'm not familiar with.
Indeed, that was my point...
-
Today I identify as a trans aardvark called Samantha
I'm not defending Mig, but we all do... Jokes are a way to codify meaning, and explian thing's that the less acidemically inclined fail to see; unfortunately, not everyone gets the joke...
-
I'm gonna make this clear. Someone is using a definition of "trolling" that I'm not familiar with.
It's a little self indulgent, if you imagine that anyone who disagrees with you just want to annoy you... I really don't care what you think, but it's fun when I think I've won a meaningless game; it's why we have moderator's, they're trying to protect you from yourself...