Skip to content

dimreepr

Senior Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dimreepr

  1. My neg was for your snide remarks and yet another reasonable question left unanswered, in your answer's; what was your neg for? Now please, can we just discuss the content of the post, in a civilised manor?
  2. My point is, lieing is like eating, we need both for survival and both exist on a spectrum of health ie. addicted to eating, all the way to addicted to dieting; the majority of us tread water somewhere near the middle, but none of us are immune to the edge's.
  3. One day I'll sparkle, and then I'll make the bugger's eye's water...
  4. That depends on your definition of evil...
  5. Of course I know him, "he's my brother"... 😇
  6. Indeed, evil is as rare as a unicorn... I don't think Socrates did either...
  7. It's because you've damaged your soul, as Socrates would say...
  8. How can you tell, which is the greater good? Everyone lies for their own good first, and if that conflicted with the greater good; some people will try to twist a lie into a truth...
  9. Comfort yes, because we will do anything to stay comfortable, with what we have now, the problem is, we're constantly bombarded with 24hr bad news, that's threatening to their future comfort; they haven't got time to dream. Greedy is a different question...
  10. Close your eye's first...
  11. If Putin brushes himself into a corner, he'll just walk all over the floor. While he continues to blame the pool guy...
  12. The problem is, how can we know "when all else has failed"? It's not, the probability of a set of circumstances that resulted in success; it's not, that the OP's thought experiment, will never happen... It's how can we know when it will happen? If you can answer that question, then torture can be the morally justified answer...
  13. lol 😂 +1
  14. I'm not saying violence is never the answer, I'm saying if only one blow has been landed, it's hard to argue that punching him back is not revenge, ask him why first. I realise we are talking about 4 year old's, but that's when we learn the quickest; therefore that's the best time to teach them how to be both safe (like I said I was an angry young man, if he hit me back??? very dangerous) and better able to de-escalate a violent situation. But just incase, learn jeet kune do: Then you'll make the bugger's eyes water... 😪 The question remains, how do you know when all else has failed?
  15. Are you schizophrenic? Or are you like me, stoned in the middle of a welsh field...
  16. There's nothing wrong in standing up for/defending yourself, but it was your instinct/bias talking, not your reason; for instance, I was a very angry young man from a broken home and I once put a kid in hospital, because he was calling me woody woodpecker (my sir name is wood); that's what convince me that violence is less than an answer. Sure it may have worked well for your son, but that just reinforced your bias; meeting force with force just creates a bully, when the motive is revenge... The problem is, in your scenario, to be 100% certain you, personally, would have to witness the crime (even then there's wiggle room as I've explained), which logically mean's only you can administer the torture in certainty of the facts. And given the, natural, uncertainty of how we see the world, to persuade someone else to do ones dirty work, makes one no better than Hitler...
  17. The second coming of Donald Trump, is like the second coming of Jesus... We all knew he'd be back... History has taught us that much...
  18. The only difference between me and my gramps is, I wasn't in the firing line when I decided to conscientiously object to hurting people. Admit what, that witches are real? Now who's being obtuse. No, just another question you haven't answered; is that normal for folks on this site? You seem to think Hitler, as a baby is not evil and could be steered down a path of peace. I agree, so my sympathy is with baby people... 😉 Even you could be taught to be less judgmental, if you were taught by Jesuit's, according to Jesuit's...
  19. If you have only one teacher, your thrall is with me...
  20. I can't say that I've noticed a difference, I still don't walk into oncoming traffic...
  21. I know you and @beecee, think I'm some sort of snowflake and not man enough to take a stand or make hard decisions; I just hope I'm the same sort of snowflake as my gramps, enlisted aged 14 for the 1st world war, fought for 2 year's and then became a conscientious objector in the full knowledge of the consequences. It's easy to follow the crowd, when someone shouts witch. Now please explain, how you know when "all else has failed"? That may sound philosophically smart to you, but it sounds down right practically dumb to me, and your usual obtuseness path in avoiding the answers when those answers conflict with your pretentious life philsophy. Sound's like a question to me, the question marks are a clue; hope that's not too cryptic for you... 😉

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.