What's stopping you from coming on IRC?

Dave

Would you try IRC?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you try IRC?

• Yes, I'm already on there, shut up about it already.
    • No, it sucks (please explain why)
    • What's IRC?
    • Some other option (please specify)

I know I keep harping on about it quite a bit recently, but what's stopping people from coming on IRC? I've posted a small poll about it, hope you'll all vote. I've always been a big fan of IRC, and I think for a community like this it's a great asset.

Hope I'll see you all soon :)

I haven't gotten on before because the few experiences I've had with chat left me pretty cold. I like to post because it gives me a bit to think about what I'm saying. I chat vocally on the phone for a living. To sit and type to talk live grates like a fork on bone.

But I'm willing to try it again. It might be different chatting with the fine folk here. Prod me no more, Dave. A convert I will be.

I dislike IRC, its too raw, although it can be interesting joining random chat rooms........

You will find more people will join if java chat is reopened, as it is a lot quicker and easier to do it that way.

Live chat isn't my thing, like Phi said Posting gives me time to think and maybe look things up and form more thought-out rebuttles. Chatting is so rapid-fire sometimes, and I just don't type that fast.

Me, too. Plus, I find chat-room typing shorthands to be irksome.

Time mainly.

I used to quite a bit, if I get time I will again.

at the end of the day though you are always going to get more quality outta SFN itself, the IRC is chat for extra time, which I dont have atm.

Like we actually talk about science in the chat room. PPPFFFTTT.

The latest from IRC....

<Lance|ham> ah yes

<Lance|ham> ham

<Lance|ham> good stuff

<+Klaynos> :o

* Lance|ham tosses a slice to Klaynos

<+Klaynos> mmmm ham

<+Klaynos> thanks

No science there... no thinking there either but that's because I had an imput...