God-potential

s1eep

Imagination is potentially infinite; but limits are imposed on human beings; humans can only imagine that which they have sensed, or things that correspond to their sensed data. You may think of imagination as a demi-God; it’s not quite God, but possess God-potential. When dreams occur, our thoughts are created; when dreams occur our imagination is closer to being God. They say that sleep is the cousin of death.

Is energy infinite? Am I a demi-God because I am trapped energy? If I was free energy, would I be Godly? The universe is energy and matter, therefore everything in the universe relates to each other. We are all energy and matter family. Everything has special relations: water and acting peaceful; fire and acting wrathful; air and acting balanced; earth and acting firm; a clear or hazy mind and a blue or clouded sky.

A major part of life is making sense out of things; we often simplify things to better understand them; humans use words, but natural values can replace words for a more imaginative simplification. You can imagine the heart as a burning flame, and it make sense to you. There is nothing lesser about this definition than the standard word definition. You are making use out of your God-potential (or user-potential that can be God-like in dreams). Don’t be afraid to be creative, and look beyond words to different forms and senses

Imagination is potentially infinite; but limits are imposed on human beings; humans can only imagine that which they have sensed, or things that correspond to their sensed data.

Then where do new ideas come from? New, meaning it hasn't been sensed, or for which there is no data.

Imagination is potentially infinite; but limits are imposed on human beings; humans can only imagine that which they have sensed, or things that correspond to their sensed data.

Then where do new ideas come from? New, meaning it hasn't been sensed, or for which there is no data.

Is it possible to imagine a new smell or colour? I assume this is what the OP means. All our imaginings are a rehashing of what has already been experienced rather than something truly original. Beyond the first sentence I got a little lost however.

Is the mind not constrained to logic? Sure, we can imagine a dragon, but that's only because we took our sensed data of other beings that had shape and form, and we built from that information a being that is logically sound (in relation to our knowledge). Arms, legs, eyes, fire-breathing, etc. This is what I mean by potentially infinite; we can create a mixture of anything out of the everything we have already sensed, but no more. We can even take the feelings of not sensing something, and use it for imagination fuel.

Imagination

noun

1. the faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses.

A Human has user-potential. Are we meant to abuse the mind, body and spirit for all their glory? For example, we are able to imagine ideas, images or concepts that we have sensed or that correlates with sensed data – is it good to exercise our imaginations, because imagination is possible?

A consciousness is produced with an amount of user-potential. Does that mean that humans are naturally intelligent over their minds, bodies and spirits?

Is any other intelligence compulsory for a consciousness, such as general intelligence, mathematical intelligence or scientific intelligence?

It’s possible to use imagination to form ideas, images or concepts, and we can use this knowledge as a word. A heart that is beating fast might be imagined as a heart that’s on fire; this interpretation allows us to understand it with greater ease – it’s a working simplification like any other written or spoken word.

Is this ‘fiery heart’ interpretation less-intelligent than the scientific definition? Can user-potential void non-base intelligence? Is everyone intelligent in their own light, but out-of-self competitions requiring specific intelligence can deem individuals unintelligent?

Edited by s1eep

Fire-breathing is something that we've sensed in another animal? What about the notion of gods, in all of the mythologies? That's based on observation somehow? It is a fact that people have thought of things that do not occur, and indeed are impossible, are impossible, in nature.

Who said that the mind is constrained to logic? One need not leave this site to find failures of logic in discussions.

Fire-breathing is something that we've sensed in another animal? What about the notion of gods, in all of the mythologies? That's based on observation somehow?

Who said that the mind is constrained to logic? One need not leave this site to find failures of logic in discussions.

No but it combines fire and breathing, things we have sensed. There are infinite possible mixtures. Aren't Greek and Egyptian God's natural values but combined with the Human Ego; Horus was the God of the sky and protection; isn't this just a created human with characteristics that correspond to things like the sky and protection? (A falcons head may be a metaphorical representation). I can't imagine a new color; maybe logic is not the best word, but things that only function in this universe instead.

Can't imagine some new things ≠ can't imagine any new things

I think a top, bottom, front, back and two sides is compulsory to anything you can imagine, and you are restricted to things that are coherent to everything possible in the universe.

I think a top, bottom, front, back and two sides is compulsory to anything you can imagine, and you are restricted to things that are coherent to everything possible in the universe.

People can think of things that are impossible. They do it all the time. You are taking a restriction you feel is on you and assuming it's true for everyone. How can you possibly know what someone else can think of?

People can think of things that are impossible. They do it all the time. You are taking a restriction you feel is on you and assuming it's true for everyone. How can you possibly know what someone else can think of?

I don't think so, we can't create an image in our minds of something that is impossible; that's an impossible image. Sure, you can 'think' of it, but you cannot imagine it.

People can imagine things that are impossible, and draw them beautifully.

Is there any doubt that the artist imagined this scenario?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Escher_Waterfall.jpg

And, at the risk of lowering the tone,

"When dreams occur, our thoughts are created; when dreams occur our imagination is closer to being God. "
What, even the wet ones?

That's a theological point I hadn't seen before

S1eep

You seem not to realise just how little you know.

You turn up and make bold statements that are trivially proved false.

Why do you bother?

I'd like to see proof of something impossible being imagined/drawn, and that drawing the poster above linked is not impossible, it was created by mixing other sensory data. I imagine he learned of buildings prior to drawing that. Both buildings and abstract are possible, this is a simple mixture of possible things. It may be impossible to move around or an impossible building, but it's not an impossible drawing. Now demonstrate where someone has drawn correctly something without a top, bottom, left, right, front & back. (That's what I think is impossible). And I know a lot more than you think, I am just trying to demonstrate complex ideas that support God, something which most people here do not, and instead revel in the stupidity of modern religious people.

And yes, in dreams we are closer to being God. We create environments with our minds, and live in these environments. Creating people, senses, actions, etc, as easy as thinking them.

Edited by s1eep

I don't think so, we can't create an image in our minds of something that is impossible; that's an impossible image. Sure, you can 'think' of it, but you cannot imagine it.

And the distinction between think and imagine is what, exactly?

"I'd like to see proof of something impossible being imagined/drawn, and that drawing the poster above linked is not impossible,."

Build it.

"And I know a lot more than you think,"

"I am just trying to demonstrate complex ideas that support God"

If you know so much, how come you keep failing and, indeed, how come you keep trying?

" revel in the stupidity of modern religious people."

Are you not modern, or not religious?

Or are you too stupid to see that coming?

"I'd like to see proof of something impossible being imagined/drawn, and that drawing the poster above linked is not impossible,."

Build it.

"And I know a lot more than you think,"

"I am just trying to demonstrate complex ideas that support God"

If you know so much, how come you keep failing and, indeed, how come you keep trying?

" revel in the stupidity of modern religious people."

Are you not modern, or not religious?

Or are you too stupid to see that coming?

This is just another witty insult. I'll reply to it under moderator discretion; I'm not modern, and I'm not religious, I possess belief (or belief possesses me) that God may exist, or the meaning of God may exist. It's very difficult to convey these ideas as I have no holy book to rely on or any type of support for that matter. It's all spurring from my own observation of nature. Since we can become like a God in dreams, does that mean we have God-potential when awake? And I believe that upon death, I will phase into some dreamworld where I will be God-like, or maybe I will be reborn as something totally new with no memory of prior events (basically, someone else). Try to convey the idea of God-potential based on dreams and imagination, it's very hard. I learn via discussion, that's why "I try so hard".

Do you really think your tongue operates independent of your brain?

No, but it is not the brain.

Your tongue is controlled by your brain, without your brain your tongue does nothing and is nothing but a piece of meat....

Yes, but there is a difference between the tongue and the brain.

EDIT: The funniest part about it is that everyone doesn't know they think with their tongue, it's something that has been overlooked for decades, that's why it leads me to believe that there is something wrong about reality, or that science is wrong and God might exist. I found out after reading a long essay when I got tired and realized I was thinking with my tongue. At the end of the day, you do think with your tongue, and there is no escaping that fact with wit.

Edited by s1eep

Yes, but there is a difference between the tongue and the brain.

EDIT: The funniest part about it is that everyone doesn't know they think with their tongue, it's something that has been overlooked for decades, that's why it leads me to believe that there is something wrong about reality, or that science is wrong and God might exist. I found out after reading a long essay when I got tired and realized I was thinking with my tongue. At the end of the day, you do think with your tongue, and there is no escaping that fact with wit.

you need to back up this assertion with evidence