The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

....closest companion. He was ill and sent me to find the reason why scientists have forsook the prophecy of dead matter conversion theory. What do you say is dead matter? Well, we all know what is dead and what is not but what is dead is not the dead thing but dead things are not dead either since all dead things cannot form the basis of the living nor the dead things cannot form the dead living thing things which are not dead but dead or not dead they are the combined eqivalent to the dead that exhibit the dead but do not exibit life

I'm amaysa, just joined today. This forum appears to be a good spot to have lively discussions on scientific issues... I opted to join the community to gain some understanding on certain concepts and also to give my opinions once in a while. Cheers ::cool:

Hi there:

I love discussions about the Periodic Table the History of Science in general and Chemistry in particular. I hope to find to make friends here, so I can chat about those subjects.

I'll see you !

Greetings and Salutations Everyone,

I am new(ish) here. I joined this group because I am interested in science and hope to learn more and be part of some interesting discussions. I meant to introduce myself before, but I never got around to it, so here I am...finally-better late than never, no?

Uh, hello. I'm Mr Skeptic and I am a recent convert to the science forums (from Slashdot). Well, not so new as this is post number 1000, but I'm not much for small talk if it is not about interesting things like science or jokes. Or jokes about science.

My sig kind of describes my approach to interesting alternative (read: crazy) ideas. I like to understand why something is true, or not true, rather than just accepting it is so because lots of smart people say that's how it is. Here's my sig in case I change it:

I'll believe it when I understand it!

I learn by going with crackpot theories until I figure out what is wrong with them.

Anyhow, I am American/Hispanic, I like science, computers, computer games (esp strategy and RPG), chess, science fiction whether books or movies. I used to be a gymnist, know some martial arts, and am currently a social isolate. I don't believe in life beyond the computer. :D

Anyhow, thanks to Blike et al for this wonderful website.

Hi, My Name is Ryan I am a 16 year old Academic underachiever Who will safely say I am the only high school junior who listens to AM Radio and still reads books. I also have a substantial phobia of claymation (Yes, like Gumby) i dk what else to say lol

P.S. This is my first ever forum so give me some time to catch up on all the Pwn language.

Welcome everyone, to SFN, the voice of reason (or the bran of raisin, I forget which). Have a good time.

P.S. This is my first ever forum so give me some time to catch up on all the Pwn language.
Don't catch up. We don't believe in pwn language, or text speak, or creationism, or store-brand cheesy crackers. Not necessarily in that order.

Weedhopper?..I don't indulge in that shit anymore....but I did have a Steak today on Good Friday..The day the catholics say you will be damned in hell..Religion has been the cause of all Wars!!!..including the one we are in now!!!We will find out when we die,who was right..maybe it's the scientologist..LOL!..JRingo

Hi..Knowledge is powerfull?..JRingo

I'm iNow. I chose my username because I live by the premise that all we have is the present, in which both past and future are contained. I studied psychology, but I am not about counseling. My strength was in the research, where I worked in 5 different labs prior to graduating, honing my skills and my ability to form questions. My first job was on a research project about smoking at the American Cancer Society. I then worked briefly for a pharmaceutical research firm doing phase 1 through 4 clinical trials, but I had a boss that rubbed me wrong and I told her off. Shortly after she fired me for my insolence, I began then working at my current company involved in various nanomanfacturing activities, from chips to thin films, and I've been involved in training for several years. I have a passion for learning, and I thrive on sharing that passion with others. The project I'm on now is one of 3 major corporate initiatives in my company, and the scope of my work is downright disconcerting, but I relish the challenge and the risk. I have a black belt in kung fu, where I am trained in 6 different weapons and 7 different animal systems, and a brown sash in tai chi. I've been skydiving twice, and I am an insulin dependent diabetic, and have been since I was diagnosed after going into a coma at the age of 10. I've taken care of myself and been independent since I was 17, and I have a good spirit, a kind heart, but a biting tongue and piercing rhetoric when it comes to people who lack integrity and academic responsibility. If you are honest and sincere with me, then you will earn my respect. It's simple really. I am open to change my mind in the face of contradictory information, but I attack with vigor and enjoyment bullshit arguments and regurgitated lies.

Nice to meet you. Be well. :)

Hi Dark

Yeah i like it. I could be an undertaker, death is easy, agony is a bit harder to handle.

Hi inow

I started ju-jitsu when i was 15, at 19 i was training 3 to 5 nights a week for the next ten years. I taught for another ten and the last couple i have stopped, but you never really stop.

I ran my own business on days off A1 Motorcycle School for five years but never again, between the two and 5 kids it almost killed me. I still have the bike, 96 Honda CB 750.

I also have a five meter fibreglass 1/2 cab boat with a Yammy 115 v4 -76 kl/h WOT on the water- and take it out on Morton Bay here near Brisbane. I want to sell them both and get a gyrocopter, probably a Bensen or a KB2.

I'm iNow. I chose my username because I live by the premise that all we have is the present, in which both past and future are contained. I studied psychology, but I am not about counseling. My strength was in the research, where I worked in 5 different labs prior to graduating, honing my skills and my ability to form questions. My first job was on a research project about smoking at the American Cancer Society. I then worked briefly for a pharmaceutical research firm doing phase 1 through 4 clinical trials, but I had a boss that rubbed me wrong and I told her off. Shortly after she fired me for my insolence, I began then working at my current company involved in various nanomanfacturing activities, from chips to thin films, and I've been involved in training for several years. I have a passion for learning, and I thrive on sharing that passion with others. The project I'm on now is one of 3 major corporate initiatives in my company, and the scope of my work is downright disconcerting, but I relish the challenge and the risk. I have a black belt in kung fu, where I am trained in 6 different weapons and 7 different animal systems, and a brown sash in tai chi. I've been skydiving twice, and I am an insulin dependent diabetic, and have been since I was diagnosed after going into a coma at the age of 10. I've taken care of myself and been independent since I was 17, and I have a good spirit, a kind heart, but a biting tongue and piercing rhetoric when it comes to people who lack integrity and academic responsibility. If you are honest and sincere with me, then you will earn my respect. It's simple really. I am open to change my mind in the face of contradictory information, but I attack with vigor and enjoyment bullshit arguments and regurgitated lies.

Nice to meet you. Be well. :)

Welcome iNow! :D;):D