Top SFN Quotes of All Time

Sayonara

It is a waste of time to argue with creationists. Debating them is like playing bridge with monkeys. They think they've won if they eat the cards

I just saw this one. Still chuckling. :D

Like the theory of gravity is an alternative to jumping off tall cliffs and hoping you float?

Why is it creationists bring out the best quotes? :D

No some wackos (sorry, string theorists), believe that the "extra" mass (i.e. mass we cant account for) is gravity leaking in from other universii in this infinitley big multiverse.

lol that was ed84c on parrallel universes.

Ah, yes, I too faced that dilemma. Whereas I pledge my faith to His infinite pastacity, I feel that He'd forgive me for finding such appeal in the idea that our world is naught but a snot bubble.

from "against evolution":

Gravity is immoral, too, so we'd better stop teaching that. If I push someone off a cliff, they will fall to their death because of gravity. So, gravity kills. And we know that killing is immoral.

and here i thought it was the EM force that kills in that scenario.

It is[/i'] responsible for the rapid deceleration. Call it a co-conspirator, and arrest it as well.

damn, repost... dammitdammitdammit I have found nothing that hasn't been taken, you're all a bunch of mangy post-grubbing thieves.

meh...

I just hope the priesthood (like Rev. Dak) don't develope any wierd fettucines, like fondling angel hair. I'm always alfredo that.

The best quote ever is:

um' date=' i hate people in general. i am not attracted to any of the girls that i know are attracted to me. and the girls i like are like the following:

<DragonflyBlade2> A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired.[/quote']

I also laughed when I read:

I don't like to say mean things about people, but ChewyPoop doesn't even use deodorant!

Real men don't use deodorant! Deodorant and makeup are for girls!

Some other quotes that should be mentioned are:

i hate that damn paperclip. i wish there was a program that would let me torture it until it gives me useful information(which it doesn't have) and stops being an annoying pest.

Hey man, don't dis Clippy. Clippy RULZ U. You WISH you could be as cool as Clippy. ;-)

• 6 months later...
Real good point. We'll debrief him before letting him back into the Mods area.

dave: "It's real good to see you again' date=' Mokele."

Mokele: "Thanks dave, good to be back."

Sayo: "Where have you been?"

Mokele: "Working."

Sayo: "Who have you had contact with?"

Mikele: "Just my GF, fellow students and my colleagues at work."

dave: "How do you feel?"

Mokele: "Fine."

Sayo: "How many days did it take to create the Earth?"

Mokele: "Si-, I mean thou-, millions, millions of days. YEARS! Millions of years!"

dave: "It's cattle prod time!"

Mokele: "NOOOOOO!"[/quote']

i literally laughed out loud.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I like this one:

And 1veedo' date=' please try to avoid describing every argument you disagree with as a straw man. It is getting tedious[/quote']

Followed by

Well please stop the logical fallacies.

But my most favorite one is:

I HAVE SO FAR ONLY BEEN USING A MERE FRACTION OF MY HOMOSEXUALITY!!!! YOU WANT TO SEE MORE' date=' FINE, I WILL START REPRESENTING TWICE THE GAYNESS OF ANEMIC-PSYCH3!!!!!!!!

IT IS INEVITABLE, I WILL CONQUER THIS SITE!! I HAVE YET TO EVEN BEGIN TO USE MY REAL GAYNESS....

I'M GAY!!![/quote']

Talk about pure pwnage by Dak!

But Gravity Is Abnormal Isn't It You Don't Fall Off The Bottom Of The Earth When You Go To Austrailia, So Try An Think Of Things As Being Abnormal Like Gravity Then The Ideas Start!!!!!!!

Just to verify...

But Gravity Is Abnormal Isn't It You Don't Fall Off The Bottom Of The Earth When You Go To Austrailia, So Try An Think Of Things As Being Abnormal Like Gravity Then The Ideas Start!!!!!!!

and for those at the back, who didn't quite catch that...

The "Old Physics" (Galileo' date=' Newton, Einstein, Quantum Mechanics) is WRONG.

The "New Physics" (RIGHT and TRUE ) is here: http://www.potcracking.gr

Yours faithfully,

Christos A. Tsolkas

P.S: I am sorry to say that this fact will be quoted in the history of Physics and that the future Physicists will be laughing...!!! while drinking their coffee or tea…!!![/quote']Oh man, laughing while drinking makes it shoot out your nose!

i hate that damn paperclip. i wish there was a program that would let me torture it until it gives me useful information(which it doesn't have) and stops being an annoying pest.
I just heard a comedian doing a bit on the paperclip. "I sat down to write a ransom note and the paperclip popped up and said, 'Hey, I notice you're trying to write a ransom note. Would you like some help writing that ransom note?'"

The new world order is actually a very old world order run by the same tribal affiliates generation after generation. The new world order hoax was designed specifically to hide that fact.
Chuck believes the atom bomb detonations in WWII were faked, and there is no such thing as nuclear power. :D

"But I think this particular person is trolling as in throwing your hook in the water while the boat is moving to try and snag something. "

So, it's more trawling than trolling.

Thanks for that; I suspect it will be the most useful aspect of this thread.

Seems like it would be an incredibly powerful insult for troll whannabees. Thanks for the insight!

• 3 weeks later...

This is just too good. No offense at all to Eric5, just his comment gave me quite a chuckle: :)

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29412&page=3

Farsight, after reading through this thread it sounds like you are a believer in String Theory.

<snipped socratic questions about dimensions and suggestions about doing specific research>

This will help you in your blind obedience to authority. [/qUOTE]

:D:eek::D:eek::D

• 4 weeks later...
... if you read the info on these so called Eternal Life Rings it's more to do with improving your wellbeing through the use of magnets, (which is a scientific fact, so needs no debating)....
First time poster joins to remind us that we shouldn't discuss whether magnets affect our well-being, we should just accept it. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...