The Ancient Astronaut Argument

euouae

You can put humans on a replica of Earth, but over time, even what appear to be "trivial" changes that occur on either planets will have huge impacts on genes... they would evolve into different species in a short period of time...

Instead of studying these obvious facts

What obvious facts you have provide zero evidence to support what you are calling facts.

lets continue to destroy the planet and worship false gods and money.

off topic what’s this got to do with your premise

All while thinking theres nothing else out there because were so special and unique in a universe so vast it cant be measured by our mathematical system...................................................................................................

Nobody in this thread has suggested intelligent life doesn’t exist in our universe please re-read DH’s post #30 and many others. The observable universe has been measured http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

I havent brought up any building aspects in days.. you all keep going back to that because you have no defense against all the stories of the "Gods" that can only be explained by human and other species with technology from other planets

This has been explained several times.

You clearly believe in this, but that doesn’t make it true and blaming a giant conspiracy, seemingly focused on you, just doesn’t make any sense. This thread has so far provided plenty of evidence against your assertions, you have provided almost nothing and what you have provided has been debunked. Closed minded is when you ignore all evidence placed before you in favour of what you believe, only you fit this description in this thread. It really is time to put up (evidence) or shut up.

"No human alien hybrids are possible" Are you serious? So if I were to take a mexican wife we couldnt have a child? Sir, that is extremely racist!

MY point being, is a person from another planet may be an alien but if they are human it is no different than some one in the US and some one in mexico. If you didnt get it.

To make an assumption like that is extremely close minded and I will no longer be responding to your nonsense.

There is more, you have been watching too much Star Trek, I love Star Trek, it is literally my favorite TV show but independent evolution on another planet, or even this one, will never produce human beings again. I think it's possible that intelligence might be vaguely human shaped but there will be no human alien hybrids and you know I am not talking about aliens in the sense of someone from another country.

I don't even know how to respond to the things youre saying.. I guess you just dont get it...

Alien - Belonging to a foreign country or nation.

Your rabid belief against this closely resembles the belief that the earth is the center of the universe. You would have been one the a**holes that refused to look through the first telescope because it was black magic. Its people like you that have held us back from evolving mentally. You'd fit in very well in the dark ages.

Again, you know that is not the context we are using alien here. It's so tempting to post a you tube video of a song that describes you perfectly but the Empress of everything says we need to be nice so i will...

To not believe in the ancient astronaut fact is to not believe in reason, logic and scientific fact. Its very simple.

Like I said before, anyone that doesnt believe in gods and magic believes in this.. they just may not know it yet. Its simply a mental block thats been socially developed since we could understand our language.

When in reality a person that says theres nothing else out there and we've never been visited is either insane, arrogant, or brainwashed by some religeon. (sometimes all 3)

How do you people not understand that humans could evolve on another planet and be exactly the same? What year is this? did I travel back to the 1500s!?!?!?... Oh wait I still have my laptop and I'm connected to the internet... guess its just the idiocy raining down in the forum.. making my mind feel that way.......

Its ok though.. the truth is always met with anger and disbelief. Humans tend to be know it alls... terrible trait. It really holds us back and in this case from finding out our true origins and the secrets of the universe.. but I guess its not THAT big a deal... Right??

There is more, you obviously do not have a clue as to what heredity via common decent means. Humans cannot evolve independently on another planet...

Now will you show a tiny bit of decorum and actually discuss this issue or are you going to pop off again like a 12 year old?

and there is some question about why we have a reputation system...

"No human alien hybrids are possible" Are you serious? So if I were to take a mexican wife we couldnt have a child? Sir, that is extremely racist!

MY point being, is a person from another planet may be an alien but if they are human it is no different than some one in the US and some one in mexico. If you didnt get it.

To make an assumption like that is extremely close minded and I will no longer be responding to your nonsense.

Your strawman is quite beside the point, and it's not even funny. The idea that an alien from another planet would be genetically similar enough to humans to produce a viable offspring is the part that's nonsensical. We can't even reproduce with monkeys or apes, and we're as close to them as we're ever going to be with any living organism.

A human from another planet wouldn't be an alien - they'd be human, so no hybridization would take place - the offspring would be human.

I don't even know how to respond to the things youre saying.. I guess you just dont get it...

Alien - Belonging to a foreign country or nation.

Continuing to argue a straw man fallacy, especially after it's been exposed already, makes you look very silly. The fact is, very simply, that you have been offered multiple refutations of your theory as well as multiple opportunities to provide verifiable evidence of it. You have failed to do so, and reverted to fallacious, insulting jabs that do nothing to prove your point. Saying that rejecting this proposal is rejecting reason and science is not a convincing argument (at least not to anyone serious about science and knowledge) - if you want to convince people, you need to stop preaching and start doing two things:

• Provide evidence that does not have a simpler explanation than "Aliens did it." I admit, the bar is high, but that ties directly in with the nature of the claim.
  • Actually answer the refutations from others, instead of dismissing them with vague hand waving and insults.

Until you are willing to do that, there's no reason for, or point in, continuing this discussion.

"I think that is very poor not to accept a theory because "Sitchin's ideas were rejected by scientists and academics".... I espect more of you and that you may have your own criteria"

What do you think we pay scientists and academics for then?

I have not seen anything about the pyramids that requires anything more than human bloody mindedness to achieve.

And I worry about anyone who uses a 40 ton crane (whether that's its mass or its capacity) to move a 2 ton tree.

I don´t pay academics to say me what to think !!!... I see that you yes...

Have you been in Peru? or Stonehedg?

I don´t pay academics to say me what to think !!!... I see that you yes...

Have you been in Peru? or Stonehedg?

I have to ask, what about these places makes you think aliens did it?

Edited by Moontanman

I am very sad seeing that new scientifics are so "closed mind",...

I thought it was some thing of the past...but I see that always happen the same.

If you see the only one who tryed to reasoning is "there are more"...(and too long ...) the other posters only rejects, insults,....and most of them they say theirself EXPERTS...incredibe !!

If you are EXPERT, please, carry out any logical reasoning...and then I do like "there are more"...and me , leave some possibility of what others say is true.

I think that both theories aren´t proved, so both are possible.

But if some body have been to Stonehedge (England) or Peru (Machu-Pichu,...)...please, tell to me. And we could discuss.

Edited by dapifo

I have to ask, what about these places makes you think aliens did it?

I live very close to Stonehenge; he’s got a point about the aliens they pop back once a year to make pretty patterns in the crops just to prove they did it.

I live very close to Stonehenge; he’s got a point about the aliens they pop back once a year to make pretty patterns in the crops just to prove they did it.

I once moved a jeep through a mile of swamp with nothing but a hydraulic jack, and a piece of plywood, took me three days, the mud was so deep you had to crawl around in it... I have to admit those 800 ton blocks of stone are fascinating but i think a few thousand people with some primitive tools could move them, I'd like to know exactly how they did it but it doesn't inspire me to think of aliens.. I left some interesting patterns behind too... :lol:

I once moved a jeep through a mile of swamp with nothing but a hydraulic jack, and a piece of plywood, took me three days, the mud was so deep you had to crawl around in it... I have to admit those 800 ton blocks of stone are fascinating but i think a few thousand people with some primitive tools could move them, I'd like to know exactly how they did it but it doesn't inspire me to think of aliens.. I left some interesting patterns behind too... :lol:

As an interesting aside the stones were quarried in Pembrokeshire 160 miles from the site.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1158764.html

edit/ and this is probably how they were built.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/stonehenge/construction.php

Edited by dimreepr

As an interesting aside the stones were quarried in Pembrokeshire 160 miles from the site.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1158764.html

edit/ and this is probably how they were built.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/stonehenge/construction.php

Stonehenge is an impressive construction but I would have to have more evidence that aliens did other than it was hard to do. We see, as the illustrations in your links show, the result but not the things like ramps and and other pieces of construction that went into making them.

The 800 ton stones I was referring to is here.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_baalbek_2.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Pavel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_monoliths_in_the_world

Stonehenge is an impressive construction but I would have to have more evidence that aliens did other than it was hard to do. We see, as the illustrations in your links show, the result but not the things like ramps and and other pieces of construction that went into making them.

http://www.bibliotec...p_baalbek_2.htm

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Pavel_Pavel

http://en.wikipedia....hs_in_the_world

Did you see in Stonehedge that the oldest stones (the blue one of the center since 3.000 BC)...they come from quarries 400 miles far away?

And the following come from close quarries...

t is a little estrange !!!...possible they were not aliens...but those persons were very rare....

The same happen in Peru (Machu-Pichu...Sacsahuaman)...Bolivia (Tiwanaku) ....The oldest part is the better constructed and stones are better cutted and assemblied.

Look to the Google map or Wikipedia...you have to go there to heve an serous opinion..

Look to the Google map or Wikipedia...you have to go there to heve an serous opinion..

By that logic we should ask Neil Armstrong about the physics behind the moon's orbit, origins, etc. instead of scientists studying it because he's been there and they haven't.

http://www.bibliotec...p_baalbek_2.htm

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Pavel_Pavel

http://en.wikipedia....hs_in_the_world

This

I live very close to Stonehenge; he's got a point about the aliens they pop back once a year to make pretty patterns in the crops just to prove they did it.

was an obviously poor attempt at humour, I should have used a smiley.:)

This

was an obviously poor attempt at humour, I should have used a smiley.:)

No, i saw that is was humor but I think, our friends missed it...

Umm... there seems to be a post missing here, something from "There is more" ?

I am very sad seeing that new scientifics are so "closed mind",...

I thought it was some thing of the past...but I see that always happen the same.

If you see the only one who tryed to reasoning is "there are more"...(and too long ...) the other posters only rejects, insults,....and most of them they say theirself EXPERTS...incredibe !!

If you are EXPERT, please, carry out any logical reasoning...and then I do like "there are more"...and me , leave some possibility of what others say is true.

I think that both theories aren´t proved, so both are possible.

But if some body have been to Stonehedge (England) or Peru (Machu-Pichu,...)...please, tell to me. And we could discuss.

well dimreepr lives hear Stonehenge but have you been to either place?

Edited by Moontanman

It is true that we honestly don't know how many of the large stones in ancient structures around the world were moved and erected.

We do know that there is more than one proposable method for moving heavy objects.

One theory might involve a human with magical powers of levitation.

A sensible question to ask in that case is "How did such clever humans die out since they do not exist today?"

So another theory might be to involve a nonhuman with advanced technological capability.

Now in this case I ask myself. If they had advanced block handling capability, why were their buildings so technologically inept?

I say technologically inept because that is what the pyramids are. Brute force and ignorance. They do not efficiently enclose space as do modern buildings. Rather they are more extreme examples of early skyscrapers, which had such thick walls that there was little space left for rooms at their bases.

Why a pyramid? Well perhaps they couldn't build a vertical wall that high. Every child block builder knows how unstable a vertical pile of blocks is compared to a stepped back or raked back one.

How about moving these blocks.

Well the Harappan civilisation achieved better control of the Indus,several thousand years BC, than we exert today. They did this by continually digging and maintaining small works - dams channel etc.

So they would have had the capability to build a raft under a large block, dig a channel to its destination, float the block to the destination, empty the channel to unload the block.

Perhaps the Egyptians did this, perhaps they didn't.

I know this is a very anthropocentric point of view - but if I had travelled across untold distances of dark inter-stellar space just to mess with the minds of a prehistoric alien civilization I would do a lot more than build things that were possible/possibly not just beyond the skills of the current inhabitants. Either the aliens are gonna stay completely hidden - or they are gonna blow our minds; and whilst StoneheNge, Machu Picchu, and the Pyramids are impressive and awe-inspiring, they make me think of lots of hard work rather than tractor beams. If they wanted to leave a sign for future generations why not build the Pyramids from stone quarried in the Welsh borders, construct machu picchu in the desert, or put stonehenge half way up the Andes.

I know this is a very anthropocentric point of view - but if I had travelled across untold distances of dark inter-stellar space just to mess with the minds of a prehistoric alien civilization I would do a lot more than build things that were possible/possibly not just beyond the skills of the current inhabitants. Either the aliens are gonna stay completely hidden - or they are gonna blow our minds; and whilst StoneheNge, Machu Picchu, and the Pyramids are impressive and awe-inspiring, they make me think of lots of hard work rather than tractor beams. If they wanted to leave a sign for future generations why not build the Pyramids from stone quarried in the Welsh borders, construct machu picchu in the desert, or put stonehenge half way up the Andes.

Actually I have a working hypothesis that explains ancient astronauts (and UFOs) and is falsifiable... It does not involve aliens traveling from another star each time they visit earth and even why they might want to mess with our minds but I can't explain the megalithic structures as anything but human dogged determination and ingenuity...

many of the claims by the ancient astronaut crowd are very misleading, no ancient culture moved stones that were too big for us to move, they did things that were and still would be difficult but not impossible.

First of all, I would like to stress that this discussion would be in a positive and constructive "aim".

I'm not claiming that aliens visiting our planet formerly or currently.

I´m claiming that there are a lot of things that do not fit into the current history.

And I´m giving some ideas and possibilities... and aliens is a so good and feasible possibility than other.

What would think the people of Easter Island when they were several centuries without seeing other beings outside the island ?

Their religion said they arrived on ships for many years.

You think they thought they were the only beings on earth?

First of all, I would like to stress that this discussion would be in a positive and constructive "aim".

I'm not claiming that aliens visiting our planet formerly or currently.

I´m claiming that there are a lot of things that do not fit into the current history.

And I´m giving some ideas and possibilities... and aliens is a so good and feasible possibility than other.

What would think the people of Easter Island when they were several centuries without seeing other beings outside the island ?

Probably not as the island had no indigenous people but instead was settled, most likely, by Polynesians about 1200ad. Also the language stayed close enough to the original that continued contact was almost certain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Island

The island was most likely populated by Polynesians who navigated in canoes or catamarans from the Gambier Islands (Mangareva, 2,600 km (1,600 mi) away) or the Marquesas Islands, 3,200 km (2,000 mi) away. When James Cook visited the island, one of his crew members, a Polynesian from Bora Bora, was able to communicate with the Rapa Nui. The language most similar to Rapa Nui is Mangarevan with an 80% similarity in vocabulary. In 1999, a voyage with reconstructed Polynesian boats was able to reach Easter Island from Mangareva in 19 days.

Name some. Not unknowns such as how the ancients moved those big stones but things that truly do not fit in.

and aliens is a so good and feasible possibility than other.

No, it's not. It's a bad and infeasible possibility. It raises more questions than it solves, and the questions it does solve can be solved without invoking aliens.

Huh?

1 Name some. Not unknowns such as how the ancients moved those big stones but things that truly do not fit in.

2 No, it's not. It's a bad and infeasible possibility. It raises more questions than it solves, and the questions it does solve can be solved without invoking aliens.

3 Huh?

1 Why the first constructor of Stonehedge bring from so far (hundred miles) the firs blue stones ?...there are no sense !!!

2 Please, name some

3 Hohgs !!?

How do you do the MultiQUOTE?

Edited by dapifo

How do you do the MultiQUOTE?

Click Multiquote from all of the posts you want to quote then hit the Add Reply button at the bottom of the page. This is important - do not click reply on any single post, or it will only quote that post. You must click the Add Reply button all the way at the bottom of the page for the Multiquote function to work.