The Ancient Astronaut Argument

euouae

I keep trying to remove the focus from the building aspect and move it to all the descriptions of the Gods. No one will even write a sentence to argue against that.. why? Like I keep saying, lets leave out all supposed physical evidence to support this theory and focus on the descriptions of gods in flying machines. Why will no one discuss this? Theres nothing to say against it except all ancient men came up with the same lies all around the world.

Please forget about the building... no point arguing opinions like I keep saying. Its almost like politics.. Different news channels provide VERY different facts. You don't believe my sources and I dont agree with yours. The more I read what I've said and what everyone else is saying I realize how futile arguing all those aspects. I don't neccessarily believe aliens helped build anything I just feel that when all the different monuments are surrounded by stories of ancients gods with what seems like technology has to raise questions and not simply be dismissed because "we think we know".

There is no "fact" surrounding all the stories of the Gods, nothing is for certain, no historian knows whats true and what isnt. Allthough what reamains to be true is that almost every culture around the world has stories of a god or gods coming down from the heavens and meddling in our affairs. Many cultures tell of interbreeding, virgin conceptions, people leaving with the gods and returning.

When an ancient man describes the earth as it looks from outerspace how do you explain this? how can ancient maps of what antarctica looks like under the ice exist? The building aspect that the show ancient aliens seems to focus on is a mere spec in a galaxy of evidence.

Why did ancients all over the world see flying machines with powerful beings?? Why did those beings supposedly teach them language and math ect. Why do these stories exist? Mans imagination on a grand scale? I guess you could say its all a giant ancient hoax but I say theres something to it.

I keep trying to remove the focus from the building aspect and move it to all the descriptions of the Gods. No one will even write a sentence to argue against that.. why? Like I keep saying, lets leave out all supposed physical evidence to support this theory and focus on the descriptions of gods in flying machines. Why will no one discuss this? Theres nothing to say against it except all ancient men came up with the same lies all around the world.

Please forget about the building... no point arguing opinions like I keep saying. Its almost like politics.. Different news channels provide VERY different facts. You don't believe my sources and I dont agree with yours. The more I read what I've said and what everyone else is saying I realize how futile arguing all those aspects. I don't neccessarily believe aliens helped build anything I just feel that when all the different monuments are surrounded by stories of ancients gods with what seems like technology has to raise questions and not simply be dismissed because "we think we know".

There is no "fact" surrounding all the stories of the Gods, nothing is for certain, no historian knows whats true and what isnt. Allthough what reamains to be true is that almost every culture around the world has stories of a god or gods coming down from the heavens and meddling in our affairs. Many cultures tell of interbreeding, virgin conceptions, people leaving with the gods and returning.

When an ancient man describes the earth as it looks from outerspace how do you explain this? how can ancient maps of what antarctica looks like under the ice exist? The building aspect that the show ancient aliens seems to focus on is a mere spec in a galaxy of evidence.

Why did ancients all over the world see flying machines with powerful beings?? Why did those beings supposedly teach them language and math ect. Why do these stories exist? Mans imagination on a grand scale? I guess you could say its all a giant ancient hoax but I say theres something to it.

Almost every culture throughout the world has some sort of creation myth, none of which AFAIK has anything at all to do with spaceships. The propensity to ascribe the unknown to a god or the supernatural has more to do with our superstitions than aliens. We are not alone in the animal world to have superstitions as a result of associative learning tendencies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._F._Skinner#Superstition_in_the_pigeon

http://www.globalanimal.org/2011/06/13/are-animals-superstitious/42083/

http://www.springerlink.com/content/7yv3rmp7mjxjranc/

I keep trying to remove the focus from the building aspect ...

That's because the building aspect is a losing proposition.

... and move it to all the descriptions of the Gods.

And that's another losing proposition.

The easiest explanation is that we humans want explanations. We are rationalizing (not rational) beings. We want to explain the things that sustain us, the things that scare us, the things that awe us. We invented gods as a means of explaining the world around us. Of course there are some commonalities amongst ancient religions because they all tried to explain natural phenomena as the whim of gods. Of course there are going to be multiple religions with gods that fly because some of the most potent things that shape our lives obviously do fly. The sun, moon, and stars, rainstorms and lightning.

Poke deep and the commonalities disappear. A civilization that had tamed beasts of burden but didn't have wheels had gods with giant flying beasts of burden. Civilizations that did have wheels had those flying beasts of burden pulling flying chariots. Civilizations who prospered or suffered with presence of water had their gods fly in boats. Yet other civilizations gave their gods wings. Yet others didn't even do that. Who needs wings when you're a god? The mechanisms that the gods used to fly vary a lot. Some might look like spaceships with a good dose of modern imagination plus a good dose of modern photoshopping.

You don't believe my sources and I dont agree with yours.

The difference being the sources we've given you hold up to serious scrutiny.

The more I read what I've said and what everyone else is saying I realize how futile arguing all those aspects. I don't neccessarily believe aliens helped build anything I just feel that when all the different monuments are surrounded by stories of ancients gods with what seems like technology has to raise questions and not simply be dismissed because "we think we know".

We don't dismiss anything because we think we know. We do dismiss things because they don't fit the evidence combined with the principle of Occam's razor. I could explain friction with microscopic demons grabbing onto things to keep them from moving, but it fails both those principles.

Of course we don't know what's true and what isn't, for ancient history. None of us were there. We can only go by the evidence we find, and so far there's nothing to suggest that Earth has ever been visited by aliens. That evidence is the "facts" you think don't exist, and until evidence comes to light that involves something out of place for humans of the kind, there's really no need to invoke an outside agency to explain it.

No, I'm trying to switch the conversation because I believe the current one is a waste of time. You obviously think I'm a jacka** spouting information from unreliable sources and I think the same about you so what are we to do? Continue to try and make eachother believe things we obviously arent going to believe OR agree to disagree and move on to a different aspect?

I say move on to a different aspect. I have enough "matter of opinion" arguements that go absolutely nowhere with my wife no know when a cause is lost. I respect your opinion but I would really like to hear it on the other aspects seeing as I'm obviously dealing with bright educated individuals.

I'm going to list afew of the most famous gods and stories of gods/technologies and a small paragraph regarding the legend on each one. I believe if you take each "legend" as an ancient man with a limited vocab when its comes to technology and then think in modern terms on what they were trying to describe its very obvious. I assume most of you will skim through these paragraphs and dismiss them without even a though and then just say its fake. Thats your loss, because if any of these paragraphs spark an interest or even raise doubt.. there is a mountain of evidence. The evidence in ancient texts of technology and people coming here in space ships is so concrete and undeniable, it is mind boggling. Ofcourse this is only possible to see from a big picture standpoint. As I've said before 1,2 or even 3 cultures could be written off a science fiction stories or their time but not 100s describing the same things. Then again I guess it up to you whether to see the obvious or shut it out. Just please do your own research!

Lets start off with our favorite. The US's lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Now I'm going to assume you know there are no such things as angels that impregnate young women with the sons of supernatural beings. This concept is only the act of Gods when ancient man didnt know that with technology an "immaculate conception" is a perfectly normal occurance correct? Right away we see ancient man assuming technology and medical advancements are the acts of "Gods".

The young woman then has a child that grows up with the knowledge and philosophical views of some one from a very old advanced civilization that has learned from their mistakes. He then proceeds to perform miracles that can all be explained by science. I would like to bring up Lazarus and how JC supposedly raised him from the dead. Today if some one dies we can bring them back to life no problem correct? BUT if theyve been dead too long they return as a vegetable. If you have advanced medical technology that can repair damaged brain cells, this feat becomes simple. Our scientists are very close to this as we speak. It is a fact that they can reanimate and greatly prolong the life of all our organs except the brain but we are very close.

Now not only did he supposedly raise the dead, he died and was brought back again. Now I would like to bring up the shroud of turin. People belive that when there was a great flash of light in the tomb the radiation ingrained his image on the shroud before he disappeared from the cave. This is the explanation of "regligeous scientists". Now if we look at it from a technological aspect. Scientists claim the only reason we cant teleport people is because we dont have the technology to store all the information of a human, but when that changes it will become a possibility. So I say whatever energy caused the imprint on the shroud was a result of technology, not gods and magic. He then "ascends" into heaven in a beam of light. Once again throw away magic and gods and what is that describing? Its up to you I guess

Now this is one of the most modern God stories, one that atleast 50% of americans believe in a our government goes to war because of it. I assume the stories have some truth, just totally misinterpreted.

The old testatment is one of the best "familiar" places to find description of technology.

Ezekiel describes a whirlwind, a great cloud with fire flashing forth, a bright light around it, and glowing metal in the middle. With in it were four living beings. He then describes a giant wheel next to each being. He describes the wheels as metal and being so perfect in workmanship that they were like copies of eachother. He then begins to see what he describes as throne above the four wheels with yet another man who is surrounded by glowing metal and fire. The "God" ofcourse then speaks to him.

In the old testament "the sons of gods" are constantly interfering with the affairs of man, and breeding with our women to create demi-gods. Doorways to heaven opening up in the sky and gods or angels coming out to speak to man. This can be explained by technology, not our level of technology but technology none the less. The old and new testament claim to be part of the same "religeon" yet the 2 books contradict eachother on such a grand scale it is mind boggling.

The covenant of the arch is also an excellent description of technology. Not only did moses use it to communicate with god but it has also been used as a weapon throughout the ages. It has also been documented that people that went near it were afflicted with all the symptoms of radiation poisoning.

Garuda.

The basic description is a bird "god" that is big enough to block out the sun. When further described we learn it is made of gold which is metal. We now basically have the description of a "metal bird" that is large enough to block out the sun. From a logical standpoint this can only be concieved as one thing. Especially when people are described riding it to go vanquish their enemies. It has also been said that when the god Garuda visited earth from the heavens there would be a great coulds of smoke, fire, and the earth would shake.

The mahabharata also describes countless technologies. Various types of flying machines and descriptions of weapons. There are stories of wars in the sky. Heat seeking missiles and even nuclear weapons. Just do a little bit of googling and you will have countless hours of reading obvious description of technology and people coming here from other planets.

All I ask is for you to do an hour of research because with-in that hour you will be able to find so many desciptions like the ones I've just given that even the biggest skeptic must stop and rethink his/her position.

Edited by There is more

No, I'm trying to switch the conversation because I believe the current one is a waste of time. You obviously think I'm a jacka** spouting information from unreliable sources and I think the same about you so what are we to do? Continue to try and make eachother believe things we obviously arent going to believe OR agree to disagree and move on to a different aspect?

I say move on to a different aspect. I have enough "matter of opinion" arguements that go absolutely nowhere with my wife no know when a cause is lost. I respect your opinion but I would really like to hear it on the other aspects seeing as I'm obviously dealing with bright educated individuals.

I'm going to list afew of the most famous gods and stories of gods/technologies and a small paragraph regarding the legend on each one. I believe if you take each "legend" as an ancient man with a limited vocab when its comes to technology and then think in modern terms on what they were trying to describe its very obvious. I assume most of you will skim through these paragraphs and dismiss them without even a though and then just say its fake. Thats your loss, because if any of these paragraphs spark an interest or even raise doubt.. there is a mountain of evidence. The evidence in ancient texts of technology and people coming here in space ships is so concrete and undeniable, it is mind boggling. Ofcourse this is only possible to see from a big picture standpoint. As I've said before 1,2 or even 3 cultures could be written off a science fiction stories or their time but not 100s describing the same things. Then again I guess it up to you whether to see the obvious or shut it out. Just please do your own research!

Lets start off with our favorite. The US's lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Now I'm going to assume you know there are no such things as angels that impregnate young women with the sons of supernatural beings. This concept is only the act of Gods when ancient man didnt know that with technology an "immaculate conception" is a perfectly normal occurance correct? Right away we see ancient man assuming technology and medical advancements are the acts of "Gods".

The young woman then has a child that grows up with the knowledge and philosophical views of some one from a very old advanced civilization that has learned from their mistakes. He then proceeds to perform miracles that can all be explained by science. I would like to bring up Lazarus and how JC supposedly raised him from the dead. Today if some one dies we can bring them back to life no problem correct? BUT if theyve been dead too long they return as a vegetable. If you have advanced medical technology that can repair damaged brain cells, this feat becomes simple. Our scientists are very close to this as we speak. It is a fact that they can reanimate and greatly prolong the life of all our organs except the brain but we are very close.

Now not only did he supposedly raise the dead, he died and was brought back again. Now I would like to bring up the shroud of turin. People belive that when there was a great flash of light in the tomb the radiation ingrained his image on the shroud before he disappeared from the cave. This is the explanation of "regligeous scientists". Now if we look at it from a technological aspect. Scientists claim the only reason we cant teleport people is because we dont have the technology to store all the information of a human, but when that changes it will become a possibility. So I say whatever energy caused the imprint on the shroud was a result of technology, not gods and magic. He then "ascends" into heaven in a beam of light. Once again throw away magic and gods and what is that describing? Its up to you I guess

Now this is one of the most modern God stories, one that atleast 50% of americans believe in a our government goes to war because of it. I assume the stories have some truth, just totally misinterpreted.

The old testatment is one of the best "familiar" places to find description of technology.

Ezekiel describes a whirlwind, a great cloud with fire flashing forth, a bright light around it, and glowing metal in the middle. With in it were four living beings. He then describes a giant wheel next to each being. He describes the wheels as metal and being so perfect in workmanship that they were like copies of eachother. He then begins to see what he describes as throne above the four wheels with yet another man who is surrounded by glowing metal and fire. The "God" ofcourse then speaks to him.

In the old testament "the sons of gods" are constantly interfering with the affairs of man, and breeding with our women to create demi-gods. Doorways to heaven opening up in the sky and gods or angels coming out to speak to man. This can be explained by technology, not our level of technology but technology none the less. The old and new testament claim to be part of the same "religeon" yet the 2 books contradict eachother on such a grand scale it is mind boggling.

The covenant of the arch is also an excellent description of technology. Not only did moses use it to communicate with god but it has also been used as a weapon throughout the ages. It has also been documented that people that went near it were afflicted with all the symptoms of radiation poisoning.

Garuda.

The basic description is a bird "god" that is big enough to block out the sun. When further described we learn it is made of gold which is metal. We now basically have the description of a "metal bird" that is large enough to block out the sun. From a logical standpoint this can only be concieved as one thing. Especially when people are described riding it to go vanquish their enemies. It has also been said that when the god Garuda visited earth from the heavens there would be a great coulds of smoke, fire, and the earth would shake.

The mahabharata also describes countless technologies. Various types of flying machines and descriptions of weapons. There are stories of wars in the sky. Heat seeking missiles and even nuclear weapons. Just do a little bit of googling and you will have countless hours of reading obvious description of technology and people coming here from other planets.

All I ask is for you to do an hour of research because with-in that hour you will be able to find so many desciptions like the ones I've just given that even the biggest skeptic must stop and rethink his/her position.

You disappoint me "There is more" I agreed with at least part of your idea and I was willing to discuss it but you lump me in with people you claim are being unfair, the idea of aliens actually reproducing with humans is not rational, they might manipulate us on a basic level in some way, even be similar enough to have sex but actually reproducing is not possible. We cannot mate with apes but we are very closely related to them. Aliens would be related to us in no way shape or form, share no common ancestors, in effect we are more closely related to pine trees than any aliens and shape does not indicate reproductive capability.

Could an ichthyosaur mate with a dolphin? They certainly look alike...

This is exactly the issue many of us have with your position. Science is not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of testable fact. If you can't test something, you can't possibly falsify it, and if you can't falsify it, it's not science.

Black shoes or brown shoes with a navy suit is a matter of opinion (or taste), evidence of the existence of something is not.

As it happens you have made a testable claim -

Claim 1: Alien astronauts visited earth in ancient times.

The problem is there's no evidence to support it aside from anecdotal evidence which, honestly, is not enough for science to support the idea. There is simply no physical evidence (that we know of) that any beings from any other world have ever visited this one. And you would think we'd have found some, if as you say, they helped us with such massive construction projects as the pyramids. Someone dropped a pocket knife, or a wrench, or had a refuse pile. And while we find plenty of evidence of people from those eras, including things as fragile as broken pottery, we find zero evidence that anything out of the era was present.

You disappoint me "There is more" I agreed with at least part of your idea and I was willing to discuss it but you lump me in with people you claim are being unfair, the idea of aliens actually reproducing with humans is not rational, they might manipulate us on a basic level in some way, even be similar enough to have sex but actually reproducing is not possible. We cannot mate with apes but we are very closely related to them. Aliens would be related to us in no way shape or form, share no common ancestors, in effect we are more closely related to pine trees than any aliens and shape does not indicate reproductive capability.

Could an ichthyosaur mate with a dolphin? They certainly look alike...

Thats what most people dont understand. Most ancient cultures described their Gods as looking like us. Part of the problem with the theory is the world alien. It cant help but sound like science fiction. Allthough the simple idea of people from another planet is not so crazy. The "sons of gods" spoken of in the old testament that were always impregnated earth women were described to look human. They were just much better looking than normal humans, taller, blond hair blue eyes ect. The mayans described their gods as being very similar.

Back to the starchild skull. Once again we have a problem with opinion. Your opinion is that wiki is telling the truth. Lloyd Pye claims hes currently fighting with them because they changed all the results hes submitted. If you acutally watch the documentary they show you the real results and the people that did the testing explain everything to you. So I guess its up to you who to believe. I just say read the wiki AND watch the documentary so you can form a real opinion. How can you even really form an opinion if you dont know both sides? Ive spent my whole life hearing your side, learning it in school. How much do you REALLY know about all this? Enough to truly form an opinion, you may think so but I highly doubt it.

Like I've said before in a way its like politics. Depending on what news channel you watch the "truth" is VERY different. Its up to you to do your own research and form an opinion. The problem though, is that 90% of people pick a side, learn a few tid bits about the other side and just go ahead and dicide what they believe. Thats why the US might elect a president that believes in the most rediculous religeon you can choose from and they think hes going to save us with his special underwear that protect him from demons.

" It cant help but sound like science fiction."

Possibly to you, but not to everyone.

The wiki page actually cites evidence- such as the picture of a modern child with hydrocephalus.

It's not just "opinion" is it?

Then you can look at the possible other explanations of Mt Pye's assertions.

Back to the starchild skull. Once again we have a problem with opinion. Your opinion is that wiki is telling the truth. Lloyd Pye claims hes currently fighting with them because they changed all the results hes submitted.

The first sign of crackpottery is usually "I have information they don't want me to share with you, and they keep changing all my submitted results to hide the truth." A world-wide conspiracy of scientists, governments, and the media seems just a little too far-fetched to me. The simpler answer is "You're wrong."

Thats what most people dont understand. Most ancient cultures described their Gods as looking like us. Part of the problem with the theory is the world alien. It cant help but sound like science fiction. Allthough the simple idea of people from another planet is not so crazy. The "sons of gods" spoken of in the old testament that were always impregnated earth women were described to look human. They were just much better looking than normal humans, taller, blond hair blue eyes ect. The mayans described their gods as being very similar.

Again, looks, no matter how similar, are not evidence of reproductive compatibility.

Back to the starchild skull. Once again we have a problem with opinion. Your opinion is that wiki is telling the truth. Lloyd Pye claims hes currently fighting with them because they changed all the results hes submitted. If you acutally watch the documentary they show you the real results and the people that did the testing explain everything to you. So I guess its up to you who to believe. I just say read the wiki AND watch the documentary so you can form a real opinion. How can you even really form an opinion if you dont know both sides? Ive spent my whole life hearing your side, learning it in school. How much do you REALLY know about all this? Enough to truly form an opinion, you may think so but I highly doubt it.

This is just insulting, when i was young I was really into the whole ancient astronauts thing, suggesting i only see one side is an assumption you made about me, it doesn't make it true. You come across like a religious zealot assuming anyone who disagrees cannot have really looked at what you believe. I was first made aware of the starchild skull many years ago, it was interesting, but later evidence shows it to be a hydrocephalic human infant and DNA confirms this.

Like I've said before in a way its like politics. Depending on what news channel you watch the "truth" is VERY different. Its up to you to do your own research and form an opinion. The problem though, is that 90% of people pick a side, learn a few tid bits about the other side and just go ahead and dicide what they believe. Thats why the US might elect a president that believes in the most rediculous religeon you can choose from and they think hes going to save us with his special underwear that protect him from demons.

I'm not sure what your point here is, your rabid belief in this most closely resembles the belief in magic under wear than science...

Lot of things are possible, some things that may be possible are so improbable as to be realistically impossible. No being who evolved on a planet other than Earth has any chance what so ever to successfully reproduce with a human...

It's possible they might resemble us closely, the idea behind this being that intelligence is more likely in a certain shape much like an ichthyosaur and a dolphin. but reproduction is just not realistic.

it's possible that aliens obtained specimens of human beings and bred and trained them for use in communicating with humans but I think it's more likely that humans anthropomorphized their idea of gods to resemble humans because they invented them.

I do how ever think it's not only possible that aliens influenced humans in ancient times (the idea of humans being in league with aliens is possible even today) I think some of the art and writing of the ancients and even to the middle ages suggest aliens were interacting with humans in some way.

"If" this is true some questions must be answered.

Where did they come from

How did they get here

What are they doing here (i think it's important to consider how long they must have been here for these interactions to have taken place over such a huge time span)

But it make my point clear, no human alien hybrids are possible and building megalithic structures would logically involve a huge effort, machines, and things like encampments for the aliens. No trace of anything alien has ever been found leading to the idea that they must have been neat freaks to not to have at least left behind their garbage and such.

I think i can answer those questions and give a way to falsify the presence of aliens in our solar system....

Edited by Moontanman

"No human alien hybrids are possible" Are you serious? So if I were to take a mexican wife we couldnt have a child? Sir, that is extremely racist!

MY point being, is a person from another planet may be an alien but if they are human it is no different than some one in the US and some one in mexico. If you didnt get it.

To make an assumption like that is extremely close minded and I will no longer be responding to your nonsense.

"No human alien hybrids are possible" Are you serious? So if I were to take a mexican wife we couldnt have a child? Sir, that is extremely racist!

MY point being, is a person from another planet may be an alien but if they are human it is no different than some one in the US and some one in mexico. If you didnt get it.

To make an assumption like that is extremely close minded and I will no longer be responding to your nonsense.

Your strawman is quite beside the point, and it's not even funny. The idea that an alien from another planet would be genetically similar enough to humans to produce a viable offspring is the part that's nonsensical. We can't even reproduce with monkeys or apes, and we're as close to them as we're ever going to be with any living organism.

A human from another planet wouldn't be an alien - they'd be human, so no hybridization would take place - the offspring would be human.

I don't even know how to respond to the things youre saying.. I guess you just dont get it...

Alien - Belonging to a foreign country or nation.

Again, looks, no matter how similar, are not evidence of reproductive compatibility.

This is just insulting, when i was young I was really into the whole ancient astronauts thing, suggesting i only see one side is an assumption you made about me, it doesn't make it true. You come across like a religious zealot assuming anyone who disagrees cannot have really looked at what you believe. I was first made aware of the starchild skull many years ago, it was interesting, but later evidence shows it to be a hydrocephalic human infant and DNA confirms this.

I'm not sure what your point here is, your rabid belief in this most closely resembles the belief in magic under wear than science...

Lot of things are possible, some things that may be possible are so improbable as to be realistically impossible. No being who evolved on a planet other than Earth has any chance what so ever to successfully reproduce with a human...

It's possible they might resemble us closely, the idea behind this being that intelligence is more likely in a certain shape much like an ichthyosaur and a dolphin. but reproduction is just not realistic.

it's possible that aliens obtained specimens of human beings and bred and trained them for use in communicating with humans but I think it's more likely that humans anthropomorphized their idea of gods to resemble humans because they invented them.

I do how ever think it's not only possible that aliens influenced humans in ancient times (the idea of humans being in league with aliens is possible even today) I think some of the art and writing of the ancients and even to the middle ages suggest aliens were interacting with humans in some way.

"If" this is true some questions must be answered.

Where did they come from

How did they get here

What are they doing here (i think it's important to consider how long they must have been here for these interactions to have taken place over such a huge time span)

But it make my point clear, no human alien hybrids are possible and building megalithic structures would logically involve a huge effort, machines, and things like encampments for the aliens. No trace of anything alien has ever been found leading to the idea that they must have been neat freaks to not to have at least left behind their garbage and such.

I think i can answer those questions and give a way to falsify the presence of aliens in our solar system....

Your rabid belief against this closely resembles the belief that the earth is the center of the universe. You would have been one the a**holes that refused to look through the first telescope because it was black magic. Its people like you that have held us back from evolving mentally. You'd fit in very well in the dark ages.

To not believe in the ancient astronaut fact is to not believe in reason, logic and scientific fact. Its very simple.

Like I said before, anyone that doesnt believe in gods and magic believes in this.. they just may not know it yet. Its simply a mental block thats been socially developed since we could understand our language.

When in reality a person that says theres nothing else out there and we've never been visited is either insane, arrogant, or brainwashed by some religeon. (sometimes all 3)

Another definition for alien is an extraterrestrial that is not human.

Are you being serious?

How do you people not understand that humans could evolve on another planet and be exactly the same? What year is this? did I travel back to the 1500s!?!?!?... Oh wait I still have my laptop and I'm connected to the internet... guess its just the idiocy raining down in the forum.. making my mind feel that way.......

Its ok though.. the truth is always met with anger and disbelief. Humans tend to be know it alls... terrible trait. It really holds us back and in this case from finding out our true origins and the secrets of the universe.. but I guess its not THAT big a deal... Right??

"To not believe in the ancient astronaut fact is to not believe in reason, logic and scientific fact.

On the contrary.

To believe in this idea or anything else without any real evidence is not to believe in reason, logic or science.

There is no evidence for the "ancient astronaut"

"Like I said before, anyone that doesnt believe in gods and magic believes in this"

Nope, I don't believe in any of those 3.

"they just may not know it yet. Its simply a mental block thats been socially developed since we could understand our language."

Ignoring the absurdity of your suggestion that you know what I believe better than I do, you have overlooked the fact that there are many languages.

Some of the best known examples of the bollocks you are discussing were written by the convicted fraudster Erich Von Daniken.

They were not originally written in English. So, if it were a problem with our language (English in my case) it wouldn't happen in his language (German).

"When in reality a person that says theres nothing else out there and we've never been visited is either insane, arrogant, or brainwashed by some religeon. "

Odd as it may seem, nobody actually said those (or, at least if they did it's not relevant).

There may well be other intelligent creatures out there. They may have visited (though the odds are poor simply because of the distances involved).

What people are saying is that aliens didn't build the pyramids etc.

And they are saying that for two simple reasons.

Firstly, there is no reason to speculate that anyone other than people made the pyramids. It would have taken a lot of hard work and skilled craftsmen but that's all that would be needed- no magical intervention from spacemen.

Secondly, if they were built by aliens, how come the first ones were a bit crappy?

Are you saying that the aliens came here and told us to build big piles of rock but, in spite of having technology that would let them cross galaxies, they couldn't figure out how to make a heap of rocks and get it right first time?

Perhaps someone should calculate There is more's crackpot index.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

Instead of studying these obvious facts, lets continue to destroy the planet and worship false gods and money. All while thinking theres nothing else out there because were so special and unique in a universe so vast it cant be measured by our mathematical system...................................................................................................

I havent brought up any building aspects in days.. you all keep going back to that because you have no defense against all the stories of the "Gods" that can only be explained by human and other species with technology from other planets

Of course I could be wrong and the 1000s of stories were all made up by ancient man (and possibly the devil) to fool us in a giant conspiracy spaning thousands of years.

Now that I think about it... that makes alot more sense than everything I was saying before... my bad

Guess it doesn't matter though... If I'm right and they really created us theyre going to very upset that were destroying this rare planet and probably exterminate us (again). OR if I'm wrong were going to destroy the planet and kill ourselves anyway... so in a way I'll probably end up right in the end...(victory dance)

!

Moderator Note

There is more,

Comments like the following are unacceptable; criticise the argument not the member.

You would have been one the a**holes that refused to look through the first telescope because it was black magic. Its people like you that have held us back from evolving mentally. You'd fit in very well in the dark ages.

Cross posted with Hyper V

!

Moderator Note

There is more,

Cool it. Insults to other members here won't be tolerated.

If you read back through the thread I started off not looking to insult anyone but I was met with hostility instead of intelligent conversation. I'm simply defending myself from close minded bullies.

Give me alittle credit here! Ive been backed into a corner by a mob for days with insults flying at me from all directions. I can't throw back a few zingers? I'll stop cursing though. :rolleyes:

<<< Feels like a heretic thats been reported to the catholic church in the 1400s. Are you going to waterboard me now?

How do you people not understand that humans could evolve on another planet and be exactly the same?

They wouldn't be exactly the same. Our environment shapes us in very complex ways.

Here's an easy example;

"Native Americans, due to the lack of prior contact with Europeans, had not previously been exposed to the diseases that were prevalent on the distant continent. Therefore they had not built up internal immunities to the diseases or formed any medicines to combat them. Europeans came into the New World bearing various diseases. Those infected with diseases either possessed them in a dormant state or were not quarantined in such a way that distanced them enough from Native Americans to not spread the diseases, allowing diseases to spread into epidemics."

http://en.wikipedia....e_and_epidemics

This happened on the SAME PLANET. And in a relatively short amount of time, too.