Sign in to follow this  
ggeekk

Vaccinations Linked to Cancer?

Does anyone who has knowledge about vaccinations and or cancer have any ideas on the matter of cancer being linked possibly to vaccinations...any vaccines and any cancer too. Not just limited to a specific type of cancer or vaccine, just in general could there be a link between vaccines and cancer?

This is not a 'crap' font...Don't read my posts then.

And I didn't HEAR anything. I HAVE IDEAS OF MY OWN! I was asking a question, you shouldn't answer questions. Thanks for your opinion but I know what a vaccine is.

Edited by eaxred
I like color!

please don't use blue text and a crap font, it makes your post hard to read.

if vaccinations caused cancer in any significant amount we would have seen it by now, and also the diseases the vaccines prevent would also cause cancer.

a vaccine is just a weakened version of the disease in saline with some preservatives. there is nothing special about it and it has all undergone intensive studies to make sure it doesn't cause harm.

what you have probably heard is FUD(fear, uncertainty and doubt) from anti-vaccine proponents who have claimed everything from vaccines being nazi mind control schemes to space lizards attempts to sterilize the population of earth to allow for a bloodless invasion.

If one posts here, I assume it is for others to read. Being readable is an advantage in this regard. And as already noted there are no good links between cancer and vaccines. In fact given the nature of the vaccines (as insane pointed out) combined with the way cancer cells normally arise, there is also no likely mechanisms by which it could happen. Also, if you have an idea, better be prepared to provide sufficient evidence. There are for some reasons groups out there that advocate against vaccinations, without providing scientific evidence.

It's also worth noting that vaccines are not just used on humans - domestic dogs and cats are vaccinated for a wide variety of diseases, as are agricultural animals such as sheep and cows.

These animals are all mammals, thus share pretty much all of their fundamental, cell-level biology with humans, but are kept in carefully controlled environments in very large numbers over many, many generations.

If there *were* a problem with vaccines, we'd see it in animals too, and probably more easily due to the above list of factors.

I recall my local vet says he gives vaccinations to animals in a different spot every year due to the risk of cancer (or some other problem, I don't recall correctly) if vaccinations are given in the same place every year.

I'll do some research.

edit: http://www.whale.to/a/vets1.html blames it on the adjuvant and says it's limited to cats. Interesting, but not necessarily the best source.

A link from Cornell University: http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/brochures/vaccsarc.html

This only probable cause for cancer generation fr a vaccine would be the inclusion of certain epitotes that generate an immune response but that act on cell cycle progression, I.E. makes the cell divide rapidly to further the virus's infection. Off hand I can't name any specific genes, but at the same time, I can't imagine that kind of gene would be included in the shot.

Never heard of any relationship between vaccines and cancer, not even statistical. About the veterinary adjuvant issue, I don't know, but it may be possible, I would like to know more, but that is probably a compromise in animals for prevention of a bigger problem. In human vaccines the scene is another, there is much more regulation and I don't think that would even be accepted. I don't even want to discuss stupid conspiracy theories, reptilian mind schemes, autism vaccine and so on :D:rolleyes:

Ah, and never heard of vaccines using epitopes which double as growth factors or cell cycle promoters :-S, I also think that those would never be included "in the shot"

Does anyone who has knowledge about vaccinations and or cancer have any ideas on the matter of cancer being linked possibly to vaccinations...any vaccines and any cancer too. Not just limited to a specific type of cancer or vaccine, just in general could there be a link between vaccines and cancer?

You are very unlikely to see a connection between cancer and human vaccines. All human vaccines require prior approval by the FDA (at least in the US), and absence of cancer causation is one of the things that must be demonstrated before approval.

Veterinary vaccines probably have different standards, and there are probably different standards for what can be used in pets as opposed to food animals/livestock. It is very unlikely that the protein or antigen component of the vaccine would cause cancer. Any protein that is used is typically first denatured in some way, e.g., by treatment with formaldehyde, truncation, etc.

It is possible that the adjuvant, if present, could stimulate cancer or a reaction that looks like cancer. The adjuvant is an optional component found in some vaccine formulations, designed to increase the subject's immune response to the antigen. There are some antigens that just do not sufficiently stimulate the immune response on their own: the adjuvant essentially acts like a tag, labeling the antigen as "Hey look here -- foreign invaders!"

Adjuvants frequently used in research include Complete Freund's Adjuvant (CFA) and Incomplete Freund's Adjuvant (IFA). IFA is made from a fraction of the cellular wall of mycobacteria (like TB bacteria), the active part of which is muramic acid dipeptide. CFA is IFA emulsified with mineral oil. In lab procedures, one would typically use CFA for the first immunization, and IFA for booster shots. It is possible for CFA and/or IFA to cause granuloma formation at the injection site (which might look like a tumor to someone who is not doing a tissue biopsy), and they are definitely not approved for use in humans.

What gets me is that some viruses themselves have been found to cause errors.

Not sure if deliberate or accidental, but doesn't do us much good.

17 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

Looks like drive by spamming to me.

Who me? Nah; very first post ever on this forum. Was skimming through & saw that title & decided to read the thread. Noticed there was no mention of SV40 & I thought I'd throw it out there.

SV40 is showing promise as a chemotherapeutic vector, despite its inconvenient discovery. 

I'll figure out the buttons & plus signs, etc ... eventually.