Autism Test

ydoaPs

What's your score?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What's your score?

• 0-10 Low
    • 11-22 Average (Female Average:15, Male Average:17)
    • 23-31 Above Average
    • 32-49 Very High (People with Asperger's Syndrome or High Functioning Autism average 35)
    • 50 Max

I'm thinking there might be some correlation between the "sciency-ness-ocity"(yes, I just made that up) of a person and their score. On IRC, none of us(sans ecoli) scored particularly average on the test.

Looking at that wikipedia page, I fit enough of the symptoms that I might actually have a mild case of Asperger's.

Edit:added poll

Edited by ydoaPs

I scored particularly average with a 20...my mental quirks are restained within chemistry though and when Im working on something. I can't (literally can't...Ill stare at the ceiling for an hour) and have no desire to sleep while I hunt references or am working on an idea....

as yourdad implied, I scored normal 16.

I've always been able to function in groups well. And I get along with nerds just as easily as 'norms.' I guess I'm an anomaly.

I guess you need to have people skills for medicine, however.

I got a 12, which I find kind of odd because had I took the test earlier in life I know I'd have scored very high... I still consider "social graces" a second language but I've gotten very comfortable with it, which I guess kept it down.

I got an 18... which is much too close to the average for my comfort. I guess I am much too social and extrovert for an autistic person.

too close for comfort??

most people would consider not having autism a good thing. :doh:

I scored a 15, so I am going to go and revise and hopefully score a 50 on the resit.

lol - low is supposed to be good. 'They' have been talking about selectively breeding out autism from society you know.

I scored 22 - borderline normal.

I scored a 23, which I guess makes sense. My parents claimed that I'm on the border of autism (they said I probably have "non-verbal learning disability", which isn't really a learning disability, more of a social awkwardness, I think). Anyhow apparently if I had taken some official test I'd qualify for special treatment at school. I'm sure had I taken the test a few years ago I would have scored much higher, I'm much better socially now.

Also, I don't consider whatever form of autism I may have a con, it's just who I am. :)

Now I definitely know that this test is bullshit. I scored a 31. But the problem here is that I'm officially diagnosed....

I would not take that test too seriously, especially since it's online. The questions that are asked are very vague, refer only to personality traits, and in reality, can apply to just about anybody.

What defines a person who has autism is not whether they like to do "geeky" things, but whether they have the capability to display any social and/or emotional competence. If you can do that well (or at least average) then you are not autistic.

Edited by Reaper

too close for comfort??

most people would consider not having autism a good thing. :doh:

Most people also seem to have a goal in life to be as average as possible.

But indeed, I was joking a bit :D

I know I'm not autistic at all... I guess the movie Rainman gave many people a weird idea of autistic people. They're not all number-geniuses, although they can be. And simply being shy doesn't make you autistic.

Autism has become a bit of a synonym for shy geeks.

Although I do enjoy numbers, and I cannot help myself playing little games with numbers all the day. Writing a piece of text, I automatically count the number of letters in each word, and play little games, searching for patterns. It's non-stop. There's never any train passing without me counting the cars. I always correct my friends when we play poker and they're messing up the chips (the coins). I know how much change I get at the supermarket before it shows on the little screen. None of these things are a sign of autism.

I simply screwed up my autism-score because I am far too extrovert... Funny thing is that I was very shy as a kid (but still not autistic). Moving to university, I simply said to myself: time to become extrovert. I changed practically overnight. It's a great opportunity when you completely change your environment. You can almost reinvent yourself :D