girlfriend frustrations

dethfire

well, i recon that is one weird game? though i have no experience in the matter,

but i have a problem too, my best friend (female) has a twin (male) for a year i was just friends with my female friend, and her twin took absolutley no notice of me and we never talked (which was fine for me the one twin is enough trouble) now in the past couple of moths we have started talking to each other, he is a great friend and we share intrests in science, computers and video games, and out of all the guys i hang with (alot) he is the only guy i have talked to and seem to like, i feel like he would get weirded out on me if i asked him out or anything. and im realy confused!

• 5 years later...

Don't play games in a relationship unless their good fun for all (like Battleship). What you have to do is sit down and define your relationship. Ask her if she wants to be serious or just fool around. Then at least you know where you stand. If she wants to be serious, good, be serious. If she wants to fool around, I would usually say good about that too, but since she is your friends sister, I would probably call it off because there is a good chance it will get ugly eventually and you will loose both of them.

I remember reading Ulysses where there was a stream of consciousness very similar to that reported by dragoon. Great stuff! This could be made into a book. As to the love problems, Jerry Springer has taught me that the foundation of all relationships is trust and that trust must be given to be accepted. Respect has to be earned before it can be accepted and returned. In short, if you cannot trust her, do the kind thing and leave her. But always be honest.

dethfire, the woman who eventually became my wife is completely artistic and right brain and I am a left-brained analytical sort of blokey bloke. We are almost complete opposites. What do we do? We compromise. I listen to everything she wants to say, and then try to analyse it. However I make sure that half the time, or more, I suppress my wishes and go along with her and she does the same when I insist on something. If she feels really strongly about an issue and starts to get emotional, I keep quiet. When I do the same, she reciprocates. There is no winning formula to human relationships but sheer common sense helps. Good luck, friend.

ni can't understand her, it's like she wants me to be ignorant or something. someone help before i go crazy!

There is something you need to learn when talking to women. Watch and learn!!

Let's see, I think you all are in dire need of a female perspective here (no offense, but you seem to be floundering).

a-ha.

While I'm sure many girls wouldn't appreciate being compared to a box of chocolates, I, for one, would take it as a compliment. Perhaps unpredictability is one of the things you should enjoy about your girlfriend, instead of begrudging the fact that she doesn't always react how you'd like her to.

hmm..

...After all, if you knew exactly what she was going to say, it'd be pretty boring.

yea..

...And I agree, don't argue, discuss. Just because you don't understand each others' point of view right off the bat doesn't mean that with a little work, you can have a working relationship.

Hmm.. OK.

...And by all means, listen to what she says!

Definately..

....Perhaps she can't back up her beliefs with scientific proof as you'd like her to, but maybe she wants you to have convictions that you can't quite explain. Opposites attract. Compliment each other, give a little, take a little.

Communication is vital-and if you're willing to compromise, she should be too.

Good luck :)

True.

...and above all, let her win sometimes, being overly scientific is ok, being a know-it all is not ;) learn to lose and win with grace... it helps a lot. sometimes proof is overrated (did i just say that?) Let her emmotions be strong enough for you..

Oh? yea! (nods).

......just once in a while, to make sure she feels like you understand where she is coming from, although this is coming from the girl who is in love iwth having debates an dfights with her boyfriend...

hmm.

.... I still LOVE winning... actually, i'm kind of on your side, i'm more the scientfic one and he is more emmotional, it works out pretty well for us, just plan around feelings and everything else gets easier and falls into place...

yep!

Don't play games in a relationship unless their good fun for all (like Battleship). What you have to do is sit down and define your relationship. Ask her if she wants to be serious or just fool around.

OK

Then at least you know where you stand. If she wants to be serious, good, be serious. If she wants to fool around, I would usually say good about that too, but since she is your friends sister, I would probably call it off because there is a good chance it will get ugly eventually and you will loose both of them.

Alright.

You see that dethfire?! Talking to girls is easy - That's all you need to know - it's "win"-"win"! ;)