Of Biology, Physics and Chemistry which one did you find to be the hardest/easiest?

CrazCo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From easiest to hardest- Biology, Chemistry,Physics

Biology was more about general familiarization and recall, while chemistry and physics required thorough understanding of concepts with an increasing degree of difficulty.

Easiest to hardest -- Physics, biology, chemistry

Physics I took home after the first date. Biology was a bit tougher, required some long dinner dates before we got anything on. And then chemistry, forget that.

I honestly don't know what I find hardest,

I mean I enjoy them all, including maths.

I find Biology easy, yet I seem to always score higher marks in chemistry and physics =/

I guess, I'd say..

chemistry, physics, biology, maths.

I never get good marks in maths, no matter how much i revise. i think im jinxed. last exam my calculator died :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i always find biology and chemistry relatively easy, though my highest grades are strangely in physics. i never know what i'm doing in physics, but i seem to have a knack for applying the correct formula at the right time.

Same here.... When I was at school (a few moons ago:D) I had the same experience. I loved Chemistry and worked really hard at at and found Physics a bit boring - come the exams I'd always get better marks in physics than chemistry. My chem teacher said it was because of my extreamly poor spelling, grammer and hand writing, which I don't think counts in chemistry anymore - so I'd probably be OK these days.

After taking just Honors Bio and Chem, I felt the Bio was much harder. Not that either was that difficult but it is much more conceptual than Chem. However, I am in AP Chem right now and oh my is it hard. I'm taking AP Bio next year so I can't comment on that yet. I'm taking Honors Physics next semester and then AP Physics next year as well. Based on what others have said, AP Chem is the hardest class in the school. At this point I can see why...

The thing is, AP Chemistry doesn't have to be amazingly hard. In my experience, teachers seem to find ways to make it harder than it is.

It's one of those classes where you really have to understand how things work to do well, and teachers aren't usually able to explain things in a way to get students to understand well. They resort to metaphors that don't work in all situations.

Admittedly, AP Chem is hard. But you should be able to survive if you look at it the right way.

The thing is, AP Chemistry doesn't have to be amazingly hard. In my experience, teachers seem to find ways to make it harder than it is.

It's one of those classes where you really have to understand how things work to do well, and teachers aren't usually able to explain things in a way to get students to understand well. They resort to metaphors that don't work in all situations.

Admittedly, AP Chem is hard. But you should be able to survive if you look at it the right way.

I'm teetering on a B/C line which is ok for now. It is a lot of work. The labs are the real killers.

I am new on this website.Can anyone give me a idea of how to find info regarding the power of suggestion and choices made. We are looking at an experiment with three words being given and will be considering the response in relation to the order of those words. Any research out there that would help?

I am new on this website.Can anyone give me a idea of how to find info regarding the power of suggestion and choices made. We are looking at an experiment with three words being given and will be considering the response in relation to the order of those words. Any research out there that would help?

Have you been able to find any information yet on the terms "hypnotic suggestion" or "psychological priming?" You can also look into something known as the "primacy" and "recency" effect, also known as the "serial position effect."

As always, google is a good place to start, but in this case, you might try google scholar instead so you can focus on research papers..

http://scholar.google.com/

Good luck to you and your group on th experiment. You'll have to let us all know what you did and how it turned out. :)

I took Chemistry and Biology at college level, and i certainly found the biology most difficult. Chemistry was very easy, i thought, and physics was pretty much easy for me. But for some reason, biology made me shake at the knees.

Physics was the hardest. It wasn't so much that the mathematics part was difficult as it was the piecing together of several parts to make a whole...

Biology is much easier, I dunno. I suppose that I have a natural affinity for "wet" subjects and Biology falls neatly into this. Physics does not.

• 3 weeks later...

i presonlly love chemistry, i learn it very quickly and retane that knoledge, for me its always biology i dont like, just that theres nothing you can do with it that doesnt, or hasnt been done before under normal circunstances

• 2 months later...

I find biology the easiest, followed by chemistry, and then physics.

I don't like all the maths in physics. It's really off-putting. I like biology because it's more descriptive; although I can't stand the kind of biology where you count birds or insect-legs.

Indeed. And in fact the Maths makes it far easier for physicist to discuss things, even if they are from different disciplines. Different disciplines in biology have a harder time to communicate with each other (I have been in both situations while working with physicists and microbiologists/ecologists).