What is the number of males or females that post on SFN

Reaper

Just out of curiosity, how many here on SFN are males, and how many are females?

For some reason, I tend to think that almost all people on sites like SFN are male.

But then, that could be social stigma and I could be mistaken with regards to this particular site.

BTW, I am a male.

Lockheed - Your question would be more accurate if it said "How many males and how many females have voted in this thread?" Not all memebers will vote. Not all readers are members. Your data is only as good as your population sample.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics...

We have lots of women here, but iNow is right, many may not want to vote, even though the poll is not a public one. The ratio is weighted pretty heavily towards the guys though.

I've always assumed Sayonara was a girl's name...
She just wants to be judged on her merits, not what gender she is. Who says a person can't be a tremendous intellect *and* a swimsuit model? And before it starts, you should know that sending Sayonara3 a PM describing yourself is not going to get you anywhere.

Attach a photo, at least. ;)

Pangloss is a girl.

Or at least he acts like one :P

We have lots of women here, but iNow is right, many may not want to vote, even though the poll is not a public one.
[Flamebait] Girls are stupid and cant understand science.

Maybe this will bring some of them out of "hiding."

Pangloss is a girl.

Or at least he acts like one :P[Flamebait] Girls are stupid and cant understand science.

Maybe this will bring some of them out of "hiding."

Now we know why guy geeks outnumber girl geeks. Cluelessism.

Lockheed - Your question would be more accurate if it said "How many males and how many females have voted in this thread?" Not all memebers will vote. Not all readers are members. Your data is only as good as your population sample.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics...

True, but it should give me a good idea as to who comes here to actually sign up and with the intention of posting here regularly and have scientific discussions.

I won't dispute that most people who visit this site probably do so because of some google search or something like that, and only look at this site very briefly before moving on.

so far, this seems like a male dominated site....

This is the internet! Where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

Thats true:D.

There are no womens on the Internets. FACT.

I have strong suspiscions your statement is incorrect. I may be wrong, but I think girls tend to have much more of a preference for social networking sites as opposed to forums like these. Then again this just a hunch, can't be sure of anything really....

Besides your contradicting your own avatar:rolleyes: . "Internets"....Sheesh!

I have strong suspiscions your statement is incorrect. I may be wrong, but I think girls tend to have much more of a preference for social networking sites as opposed to forums like these. Then again this just a hunch, can't be sure of anything really....
Cultural

reference, not supposed to be true.

Besides your contradicting your own avatar:rolleyes:
How could I contradict my avatar? It is a picture largely incapable of making a statement.
"Internets"....Sheesh!
Again, cutural reference.

Seriously, next time you respond to one of my posts: take into account my incredibly vast intelligence. :P