What is the number of males or females that post on SFN

Reaper

How could I contradict my avatar? It is a picture largely incapable of making a statement.

Yes:doh: , I was dreading when you'd get round to responding to my post... I realised too late to edit my mistake!:P

My mistake, I was referring to your "signature" at the bottom of your posts(not insulting your intelligence of course;) ).

Also I must admit I was frankly unawre of the "internets" being a cultural reference. I guess I should stop taking you seriously:-p ...

It seems there really aren't that many females here, sad. Maybe I should post more to even things out ;)
Excellent idea. And it verifies my hypothesis that *all* the women members are extremely bright, whereas you can't say that about all the guys here... :P

[/schmoozing]

Excellent idea. And it verifies my hypothesis that *all* the women members are extremely bright, whereas you can't say that about all the guys here... :P

[/schmoozing]

LOL You're just trying to pull more of us out of the woodwork :P

While I can't claim to be extremely bright, I'm definitely an extremely curious person :D

eta: Wow, now that I think of it, "curious" has all sorts of unintended connotations here...

You do realize that by starting a thread like this you've effectively made those few females who post feel ever MORE ostracized?

Who here hates science and likes creationsim, eh? Don't be shy... raise your hands! >:D

You do realize that by starting a thread like this you've effectively made those few females who post feel ever MORE ostracized?

Who here hates science and likes creationsim, eh? Don't be shy... raise your hands! >:D

No, you see there's a difference. We want women around. The sad truth is none of them know what computers are. :(

I appear to be female :)

No, you see there's a difference. We want women around. The sad truth is none of them know what computers are. :(

Hey that's a bit cheeky! I'm a computer addict..

I'm just not a scientist so feel a bit intimidated posting here..:(

I'm female and I can prove it ;)

If you want I can start nagging you guys about the state of your lab desks... I don't know why but every male RA I've ever known has a messy lab station.

And the only concern I have with my eggs is preventing their fertilization :P

FACT: In Polish EVERY female name ends with an a.

Well at least >99%

"... and may I take this opportunity of emphasizing that there is no cannibalism in the British Navy. Absolutely none' date=' and when I say none, I mean there is a certain amount, more than we are prepared to admit...." -Monty Python
I'm female and I can prove it ;)
Then answer this question: If you've just used a pair of scissors and you're going to use them again sometime soon, isn't it more efficient to leave them laying out where they're easy to grab rather than put them back in the drawer?

actually I would put them back in the drawer too, so that doesn`t count.
Oh right, both you and thatbiologyg have little ones around. Mine's 8.5 so I sometimes forget about those days.
I demand nothing less than Photographic Biological evidence of this claim made.
Oh, that's just great, more female members flooding my PM box with scandalous photos. *sigh* All right, if it will help out I guess I can put up with it. :rolleyes:

Video format is OK too, I guess, if you *have* to. :embarass:

I'm just not a scientist so feel a bit intimidated posting here..:(
Lots of us aren't scientists. In fact I only think there are two actual "scientists" on these forums, and a couple others in line to get their phds as well.

oh dear, you`re really not too terribly Observant then are you!

unless you mean Just in this Thread?

When you mention it, I can only think of three PhDed researchers off the top of my head, excluding as 1veedo seems to be students and amateurs and the like. Of course, I only post in the biology forums, so I don't encounter many of the physics or mathematics posters.