paintball

Guest village idiot

Guest evilhomer
village idiot said in post #1 :

does anyone else here play paintball or am i the only one?

you little _, you stole my idea :lame:

:P paintball1016....you're dead

I wonder whats different between the brain chemistry of a pacifist and someone who likes violence. Don't get me wrong, I love pacifists. Although I have to say why wouldn't you like the rush you get out of something violent, like, watching an ultimate fighting match, or a painball game, or an actual fight itself. Personally, I like to seek adrenaline, and violence itself does flood your body with adrenaline I guess.

Guest newdude103

1. How do you play airsoft I thought it was target shootin..

2. With proper safety gear paintball is less harmless than getting hit by a rubber band!

3. It is also safer than many other sports...

4. You have a marker (gun) made of plastic or metal and project gelatin spheres filled with paint at other people..

5. It isn't a pacifist/non-pacifist thing you don't try to shoot other people (to kill or hurt), you try to mark them, hence the name markers..

• 7 months later...

I play paintball. We have a big field by my house and we go and play out there. I have the cheepest brass eagle gun you can ever picture, makes a metal "tink" everytime I shoot it, so you know it's me shooting at you. This summer I'm going to get a tipman and a flatline barrel and waste everyone.

We have a very nice arena set up about 45 mins drive from my house, its great fun. we go there (not so much anymore) for birthdays and the likes of.

i remember once i went there with a school (Sport and Rec) trip, we had all the experienced guys (hunters etc) and the other team wased composed of D$%heads and the teach, when half time was over the teach hadnt returned to his own side yet and we jsut let rip, ends up his helmet got shoot off, and he got a couple of nasty bleeding bruises on the neck. :)

• 4 months later...

I play, been a while, but I love it. We are actually going to try to setup an urban combat paintball field.

I got shot in the neck once. It was at pretty close range however, and my mask did not cover that area. For the longest time, it looked like I was burned with a car cigarette lighter.

I got shot in the neck once. It was at pretty close range however, and my mask did not cover that area. For the longest time, it looked like I was burned with a car cigarette lighter.
Yikes! I've never been hit in the neck, but I got hit on the top of the head where the mask doesn't protect.

There were about 40 of us playing the woods. There were only a handful of people left on each team when my brother, myself, and one other person got cornered between a few trees and the boundary. In a situation like that, you know you're going to end up getting lit up. So I decide to have the other two cover me while I make a suicide run. I had hoped that the cover fire would cause the other team members to duck behind cover, and I would run around and suprise them. Didn't quite work that way. My brother forgot to cover me [or did it to spite me]. I ran out into a hailstorm of paintballs. I instinctively turned my face to the ground. That's when I felt 3 or 4 paintballs absolutely pound my skull It felt like someone was throwing rocks at my head. I fell backwards and curled up into a fetal position and felt like dying for a few seconds. It was one of the worst feelings I have ever felt.