paintball

Guest village idiot

:embarass:

Too violent; pacifists rule!!!

quite remarkable how "pacifist" sounds like "Pass a Fist" LOL :)

We never had the luxury of either games as kids, we used to play "Manhunt" in the local woods with airguns using lead pellets, no one wore eye protection either (we were LUCKY!) the best we`de have is 2 pairs of jeans on and a thick jacket. there were several hospital trips, and the worst was when one lad up a tree got shot in the a$$, slid down the tree and tore a testicle off :(

crazy kids though, we were out doing the same thing again a few weeks later!

shattered teeth, holes in legs and arms, missing testicles, 1 lost finger tip, several broken toes and hole through the nose. and we still carried on!

(I got holes in my legs and an arm. and torn nasal septum (but that was from a crossbow))

would I change it??? probably not on my part, but leaving a testicle stuck on a broken tree branch? I`ll be that guy wishes! (I`ll not mention his name even though it was over 20 year ago, he`ll know! )

Crazy Kids!

naah man, that was a gonner!

non of us where going to carry it, and it was about 15 foot up in the tree with all blood from the ground upwards on the trunk. he`s actualy the father of 2 kids now though, so not all was lost that day, other a few pints of blood and dignity :)

Back to the original topic, I play paintball. I'm a new player, which is expressed greatly by the fact that I have a next-to-stock (new barrel, but that's all) Tippman 98 Custom.

Fun to play and get shot, though. Even though it does hurt. A little.

Someone mentioned how Paintball is fast-paced, which is true, and I like that, but if you ever play two-way Capture the Flag, you can prepare to be out there for near an hour, at least.

At the course in Tampa they play "Capture the Bucket". The advantage of the bucket is that you can use it to somewhat shield yourself. Unfortunately, it only covers half your body, so watch out belooww! The matches usually last around 20 minutes. It sucks to be the first one out though :\

naah man' date=' that was a gonner!

non of us where going to carry it, and it was about 15 foot up in the tree with all blood from the ground upwards on the trunk. he`s actualy the father of 2 kids now though, so not all was lost that day, other a few pints of blood and dignity :)[/quote']

I would have crawled up that tree and retrieved my manhood. No testicle should ever get left behind.

We used to shoot each other with bb guns. However, since we were also dirt bikers, we had helmet and goggles, which struck us as a good idea.

Never had anyone lose a testicle, however.

We had a chance to play some paintball in a junk yard once. It was pretty awesome. You could take cover in the cars, conversion vans and SUV's make great forts. Plus the terrain varied from muddy to dry, with briar bushes to keep you on your toes.

I never played airsoft, it seems pretty interesting, but I just don't know about getting shot by things that do not break.

It'd be a dream to play in a junkyard. Or even in a field that just had junked-out cars and other things that you could get in and take cover. I like Sup Air and all, but I'd take anything where I can see the enemy and they can't see me anyday.

Had one game like that once, the field had tubes, might've been for elctrical stuff or something at one point, that were shaped... uhh, weird. They went in and out, making rectangle-ish holes. Stick the barrel in, take aim, and fire!