Great Stories of Fafalone Behind the Wheel

fafalone

ROFL, carpoon.

I'm with lutze.

"You've been warned by fafaIone. Your warning level has increased from 5% to 10%."

"You've been warned by fafaIone. Your warning level has increased from 10% to 20%."

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sayonara³ said in post #150 :

How come LuTze gets extra flak for saying what we're all thinking?

Since when did sounding the voice of reason become offensive?

Because "majority" is not "every" and I tire of trolls construing when I say something about the majority of the people to be every single person in the world.

blike said in post #147 :

I was going to link some pics from ogrish.com, but they changed it so that I can't directly link their grotesque images. However, they have some nifty accident pictures you might enjoy.

oh my gosh

ogrish is scary...

i didn't even look at the picture either, just the title descriptions.

blike, you were talking about your accident earlier. what happened there?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really like cars. A lot of people get behind the wheel and are suddenly 10 foot tall and bullet proof, but they're a bit like shellfish really. Hard on the outside, but once you lever the thing open and extract the contents, it's usually a bit wet and jelly like.

It's been quite some time since I've asserted myself all over a cage pilot. I must be getting old.

I like the way some drivers demand that the environment and our surroundings be torn up or buried, so that they can have smooth strips to drive on while they unnecessarily consume vast portions of the planet's fossil fuel reserves and pump out billions of gallons of toxic byproducts.

Then they get angry when there are people walking and breathing in their way.

Yeah, non-drivers are just like so inconsiderate :rolleyes:

Driving is very neccessary unless you live in an area with an actual mass-transit system, when I'm in Miami I usually take the metrorail or shuttles... but back in Englewood theres no mass transit and nothing within biking distance.

Argh...

Well to get back to the original point, I did say "some" people. I do acknowledge there are people like faf who might have to travel for miles at arbitrary times in order to use certain facilities. In this kind of instance a car is likely to be more efficient than laying on a bus service or what have you, especially if you share.

However, drivers who buy a giant gas-guzzling car to haul their solitary backside parallel to a public transport system for 4 miles every day are pretty much complete scum.

fafalone said in post # :

Since power is work per unit time, and work is force * distance, and force = ma, you should be able to see that horsepower does not directly have anything to do with top speed. Indirectly it's related to engine design and quality which in turn determine the max speed, but purely speaking more horsepower does no neccessarily mean more speed.

Just reading this thread for the first time, and you're wrong.

Top speed = Power/(Sum resistive forces).

fafalone said in post # :

Please don't comment when you don't understand what I said. I was merely pointing out horsepower does not determine top speed.

No, you're wrong.

For one thing, you quoted general physical formulae, and used them to 'prove' your statement that power doesn't affect top speed, which is incorrect (see: my statement, or most mechanics books).

Furthermore, without further expansion on your statement, I don't see how horsepower (about 750W) cannot be considered power.

You're still missing the point:

Because of gearing and other factors, the rwhp rating of cars does NOT determine top speed.

a simple example proving you wrong: a tractor trailer has far more horsepower then my mustang, but theres no way it can go 145mph.