Great Stories of Fafalone Behind the Wheel

fafalone

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blike said in post #24 :

rofl. fast and furious, literally.

sayo, is street racing/car mods big in europe?

Well, I can't speak for all the other countries in Europe as I don't live there or have never been, but insofar as the UK goes the only evidence of either I have seen is minor modifications (alloys, UV strips, fake right-hand exhausts) to crappy cars that apparently get better as they get noisier.

Race got cancelled due to the rain... rescheduled for tomorrow night.

Story 3: Weee!

I was stuck in slow traffic for 10 miles, and I finally broke free. No sooner than I got out in the lead and took off, a get stuck at a red light. Extremely pissed off at this light, I drop the clutch at 3000rpm and take off; it's pouring rain so my rear end is sliding all over the place. I easily maintain control and slam it into second, same thing happens again. And again in 3rd. By the time I shift into 4th, I'm going 75mph, and have stopped sliding, so I look over into the oncoming traffic. Great, a cop! Good thing he didn't have his radar on... or see me sliding all over the place...

Story 4: Follow the leader.

I'm driving out to Circuit City, doing about 80 in a 55 zone, and I'm flying past slower cars in the right lane. This silver Civic saw my radar detector, and pulled out behind me and matched my speed. So, I went faster. Knowing there were no cops around, he stayed right behind me. Not wanting anyone to think I'm associated with someone who drives a Civic, I take it up to 100 (still in a 55 zone). He's still there. I sped up some more, and at 115 he finally couldn't keep up. Needless to say I set a record going from Englewood to Port Charlotte in about 8 minutes (takes normal people ~20). :D

I live in South Florida. It's not that we don't have laws against speeding or that they're not enforced, I just choose to completely ignore the posted speed limit. To avoid getting caught, I simply use good judgement about where cops might be hiding, and also my radar detector.

It's illegal in some states (5 of them), but if its legal in your state you can get them at circuit city/best buy/radioshack/etc

It works simply by having receptors that are sensitive to radar waves in the frequency bands used by the police to determine how fast you're going.