Great Stories of Fafalone Behind the Wheel

fafalone

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there's lots of vans parked right along an interstate highway. Please don't confuse fast driving with unsafe driving. In rare instances where a situation like that is possible (parking lots, crowded streets... but not highways), I'm not speeding more than 5 over.

fafalone said in post #53 :

Because there's lots of vans parked right along an interstate highway. Please don't confuse fast driving with unsafe driving. In rare instances where a situation like that is possible (parking lots, crowded streets... but not highways), I'm not speeding more than 5 over.

Hmmm.

fafalone said in post #10 :

I look at the speed limit as the absolute minumum speed you should be going, and if you're doing less than 15 over... get out of my way :D

fafalone said in post #32 :

I was stuck in slow traffic for 10 miles, and I finally broke free. No sooner than I got out in the lead and took off, a get stuck at a red light. Extremely pissed off at this light, I drop the clutch at 3000rpm and take off; it's pouring rain so my rear end is sliding all over the place. I easily maintain control and slam it into second, same thing happens again. And again in 3rd. By the time I shift into 4th, I'm going 75mph, and have stopped sliding, so I look over into the oncoming traffic

fafalone said in post #36 :

Today I fish-tailed in a U-turn; but managed to keep it from completely turning around and just kept going... used all 3 lanes tho.

Doesn't sound very safe to me, for you or other drivers.

I'm sure you wouldn't go out of your way to endanger people but you can't account for the unpredictable when you're behind the wheel.

On post 10: passing people is completely legal, and signs adviser slower traffic to stay in the right lane. There's nothing dangerous about passing people so long as you exercise good judgement.

On post 32: My rear slid in only my lane; there was no one in front of me, after 2 seconds there was no one beside me. There were no entrances on the right, there was a median on the left. Completely safe.

On post 36: All 3 lanes were empty, the cars heading my direction were at a red light, nobody was turning on to the road and it was another divided highway. Again, no danger at all.

Yes, I do account for the unpredictable, that's why I go slowly if there's a situation where someone could jump out and do not try stunts when theres a potential for other cars to be near me.

but he does account for each of them with a good point;)

and yes, in places where children may be present even the Dudde takes it a bit slower don't ya know...don't wanna hit anybody, just hate going slow:-p

Are you talking about a stock Mustang GT? What year? Is it a 4.6L or 5.0L?

I just traded in my 01' supercharged Saleen. It was an awesome car but I needed something better. I picked up a Mercedes C32 AMG. It's as fast as the Saleen but handles much better.

"Kitt" was a Firebird...not a Camaro ;) Just so you know Faf, any V8 Firebird/Camaro will wax you good! Shoot, most the V6's out these days in the ricers and American cars like the Gran Prix will burn you!

Sayonara³ said in post #51 :

Can you get "child about to step out from behind parked van" detectors too?

The new Lexus RX330 has a rear video camera for such matters.

matter said in post #66 :

I always wanted a V8, but even more I want a Ferrari with a V12. Makes me weak in the knees.

who doesn't

:D

fafalone said in post #67 :

Once I supercharge it and put a 150 shot of nitrous in it Trans Ams will not be beating me. No V4/V6 cars will beat a V8 mustang unless they're supercharged or turbo charged, like the SRT-4.

I had a Mitsubishi 3000GT SL, which was a V6, and I used to dust Mustang GT's all the time. Only things I did to that car was a Borla exhaust and a K&N filter.

If you want to supercharge your car AND put in nitro you will have to rebuild the whole top half of the motor. With a supercharger and nitro your compression ratio will be much too high for the factory parts to handle. All that pressure would destroy your engine. As is, you could put on a supercharger that creates no more than about 6.5lbs of boost. Any more than that and you need to replace most the internals. That alone still won't have you beating Camaros/Firebirds. You will need an intercooler/aftercooler, cold air induction, and some serious tuning. You will also need a new fuel pump. Don't worry, all that will only cost you about $8000 U.S. If you want nitro add about $6000 U.S. Just save your money and go buy a new SVT Cobra! That car is the bomb!

• 4 weeks later...

I finally maxed my car out at 150(mph, 241.4kph) on the alley last sunday. well not maxed out, but hit the electronic limiter. People normally do 80 (129kph) along that road, and that's 10 over hte limit... imagine what it's like to see someone flying past you like you're standing still :D

I made it across the entire state of Florida in less than an hour.

Nah I'm a great driver. I can handle 150mph... it was at night... but then again the sides of the roads are fenced off so its highly unlikely something big will run out into the road. And the traffic was very light.

I had a far greater chance of lightning striking my car and causing a speed-independent death than something that would have happened because of my driving. :P

• 1 month later...

Three years of amazing escapades in speeding like a maniac and getting away with it came to an end this weekend, when a Broward county officer pulled me over for doing 89 along an empty portion of a 4-lane interstate highway, just based on how fast he "thought" I was going (my radar detector would have picked his radar gun up, and he told me flat out he didn't use one). I received a $123 ticket for going 19mph over the speed limit, and I will be fighting it in court since I should have received a warning at most.