Great Stories of Fafalone Behind the Wheel

fafalone

fafalone said in post # :

You're still missing the point:

Because of gearing and other factors, the rwhp rating of cars does NOT determine top speed.

a simple example proving you wrong: a tractor trailer has far more horsepower then my mustang, but theres no way it can go 145mph.

Whilst this is true, it doesn't make your first statement (the one with 'power' and 'work' and the like) true, which it wasn't.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRONG. Electronic limiters are not resistive forces. Therefore top speed is not determined by that equation if an electronic limiter is activated.

Back to strawmanning.

It's quite clear what my comment was referring to, and now you're just being argumentative.

further more, that statement cannot be true, check the units. kg *a/m*a = kg/m, which does not = m/s

Nice abuse of units.

Power = Nm/s

Speed = m/s

Force = N

How is it then that you're claiming that

N

is not equal to

Nm/s / m/s

?

I'm still right about the entire point of the post. Now stop trolling.

I'm trolling YOU because you argued something that you knew was wrong?

[edit]

To clarify the general position of it, you were wrong when you said that horsepower doesn't determine top speed; it does, but only with other factors. If you had two identical cars, and one of them had 10x the horsepower of the other, which one would you think would go faster? (Obviously, this model is a simplification, because you have to take into account the size/vibrations from the engine, and the like).

MrL_JaKiri said in post # :

To clarify the general position of it, you were wrong when you said that horsepower doesn't determine top speed; it does, but only with other factors. If you had two identical cars, and one of them had 10x the horsepower of the other, which one would you think would go faster? (Obviously, this model is a simplification, because you have to take into account the size/vibrations from the engine, and the like).

Since there are always other factors, and that discussion was about comparing different cars, I was correct. Sorry.

Since there are always other factors, and that discussion was about comparing different cars, I was correct. Sorry.

I only said that you were wrong about the equations in the post.

All subsequent discussion doesn't take your original statement into account, because you were arguing in the general rather than the specific, such as in this post.

You're still missing the point:

Because of gearing and other factors, the rwhp rating of cars does NOT determine top speed.

a simple example proving you wrong: a tractor trailer has far more horsepower then my mustang, but theres no way it can go 145mph.