Radio Frequency / Microwave Radiation

chrisa

HI, I wondered if anyone could help me please.

I am being hit in my home by some kind of radio frequency/microwave radiation. Its been going on for over a year and i believe is the cause for various health issues i now have.

I purchased a Acoustimeter AM-11 RF Meter and its picks up a reading of anything from 30 to over 100 microWatts  per square meter every 10 minutes. (sometimes it can go even higher) The reading lasts for about 2 seconds but its happens every 10 minutes at the exact same time. Due to health issues i am unable to leave my house much so am under constant "attack"

Can anyone tell me if this would be dangerous to my health and if it could be related to health issues i now have. Issues with lungs, liver, alopecia and depression as well as sleep problems. I was perfectly healthy and kept fit before these attacks started. I appreciate any help from anyone who can give me more information. Thank you.

55 minutes ago, chrisa said:

I purchased a Acoustimeter AM-11 RF Meter and its picks up a reading of anything from 30 to over 100 microWatts  per square meter every 10 minutes. (sometimes it can go even higher) The reading lasts for about 2 seconds but its happens every 10 minutes at the exact same time. Due to health issues i am unable to leave my house much so am under constant "attack"

Those readings do not seem particularly high.  I doubt you are being purposely attacked because this level of exposure shouldn't cause any health concerns so it would be a pretty useless attack.

It would have to be a maser , or a large reflective dish antenna focused on your house (  which you would see ), to specifically target your house.
Microwaves and radio waves are not directional nor well focused; your whole neighborhood would be affected.

If no one else in the neighborhood is showing similar symptoms, I suggest you contact health care professionals.
It might well be something totally different which needs to be addressed right away.

These frequencies are present as part of the background; every object radiates with a profile dependent on its temperature. You might be measuring the RF background.

Any health issues are likely from another cause. Consult a doctor. 

Every 10 minutes the temperature/ humidity sensor in my garden sends data (by radio) to a display in my house- something like this.
https://www.weathershop.co.uk/technoline-ws9130-weather-station
(Mine is a different brand)

And some device like that is  vastly more likely to be the source of the RF which you see than any sort of "attack".

If you are experiencing health problems you should consult a doctor.

Thanks for all the replies and i am in contact with my doctor.

To expand a little more on my first post. The "attacks" change depending on where in my house i am. For example if i set my PC up in one room, the readings come from that room. If i move my PC to another room, the readings then come from that room. (and its not my PC causing it) There are also random spikes (not every 10 minutes) that go well above 100 microWatts  per square meter (max i have recorded was in the 1,000s)

I was confused at first about it in terms of the direction it was coming from. The reason being it reflecting off anything metal. (but always aimed where i am sat). I managed to work out the direction with the help of the acoustimeter and a faraday sheet.

MigL mentioned a maser and i am coming to that conclusion or as he mentioned people would be effected in other houses. The person doing this is i believe is ex military or some connection. 

Are masers easy to make? Or could this be something this person has acquired from military work. I hope this isn't going off the science topic.

If a maser is being used, is there anything i can do to prove it? Is there any evidence i can get to show someone?

Any help appreciated, thank  you.

Do you know the frequency of these readings? Wifi uses 2.4 and 5 GHz, at up to 50 mW of transmission power, and bluetooth use 2.4 GHz. A PC might intermittently try to “discover” nearby devices.

You could measure at different distances from the computer, or any other suspected source, to see if it drops off with distance (which it will, if that’s the source)

Are masers easy to make?

No, not really. But simple transmitters are pretty easy.

Most computers don't have very good shielding ( they need to meet a maximum radiation limit ), and they will emit some radiate at frequencies much below that of the CPU.
Modern CPUs operate at up yo 4 GHz, and other processes on the motherboard at lower speeds in the hundreds of MHz range.
Coincidentally, the range of Microwave frequencies is from  about 300KHz to about 30 GHz.

I still think your health issues are unrelated.

Edited by MigL

25 minutes ago, KJW said:

The OP evokes in me a sense of déjà vu. But this was from the other forum, 

It crops up from time to time. We’re not going to dispense medical advice, but a lot of the “X is making me sick” topics have science that can be discussed to debunk the claims.

41 minutes ago, KJW said:

The OP evokes in me a sense of déjà vu. But this was from the other forum, so maybe @exchemist or @geordief could weigh in on this topic.

I recall similar claims cropping up a number of times. I've always tended to dismiss them as psychological manifestations rather than physical effects, though no doubt they can be real for the sufferer, whatever the cause. 

In the topic I'm remembering, the person was claiming to be the victim of a targeted attack with electromagnetic radiation.

Edited by KJW

4 hours ago, KJW said:

In the topic I'm remembering, the person was claiming to be the victim of a targeted attack with electromagnetic radiation.

Which could be psychosomatic; if you think you are suffering from some kind of debilitating effect, your body might just accommodate that belief.

13 hours ago, Sensei said:

..I remember people claiming they would be rich because a fortune teller told them so in the cards..

... and this seems quite a bit different, unless you think tarot cards are a modern technology. I also think being concerned about one's health is different than wishing you were rich.

In discussion, I'm not a big fan of "Your question is dumb" responses. Why treat someone's concern that way when you can provide some evidence that may help?

Again thanks for the replies.

I can confirm that this has nothing to do with my PC.

The targeting by electromagnetic radiation is a real thing if people want to believe this or not, but i understand if some do not believe it, i wouldn't of believed it before this happened to me. From what i can make out, the idea is to make some look like they have a mental issue along with the health effects. That is one reason why they get away with it.

If i move my position in my house, the readings on the acoustimeter move to that new position.

So if anyone can give me some advice or something i can do to provide evidence for what is going on, i would very much appreciate it. Even if some don't believe something like this could happen, i ask nicely for help.

On 2/23/2024 at 4:31 PM, Phi for All said:

... and this seems quite a bit different, unless you think tarot cards are a modern technology. I also think being concerned about one's health is different than wishing you were rich.

..you seem smart, and yet you did not understood my reply..

Fairy teller/fortune teller tells the story ("the fairy tale"), and somebody reliant to it believes in it (the whole story does not really matter). Fairy tell differs, so do fairy tellers, but mechanisms is the same.

People who believe that "5G is harmful" don't just take it from nowhere. Someone influenced them with this nonsense ("fairy teller"). They read it on social media, on forums specialize in it, and on custom  websites which promote such things...

On 2/23/2024 at 4:31 PM, Phi for All said:

I also think being concerned about one's health is different than wishing you were rich.

..this was just an example of a "fairy tale"..

2 hours ago, chrisa said:

I can confirm that this has nothing to do with my PC.

That's strange, because typically a computer, laptop, TV or smartphone are the largest (non-living) emitters of radiation source in a room, aside from heating...

Thanks for the reply Sensei

I do not have a TV. The sim card is out of my mobile. I have no wifi and it is disabled on my router. My PC is not the issue, i can aim the acoustimeter at the PC and it shows no readings.

The readings follow me if i move to a different position. Over the last few days i have picked readings up at over 1000 uw/m2. The readings i get now are not just a spike every 10 minutes, its constant.

If i am away from the house i dont get the symptoms of shaking, eyes hurting, body heating, headaches, difficulty sleeping. Its only when i am in my house.

I know its coming from a house near me.

Again i ask nicely, if anyone can suggest something i can do to prove what is going on, if you believe what is happening or not, i would very much appreciate it.

This is a science forum, so i ask is there anything scientific i can do to prove what is going on

6 hours ago, chrisa said:

This is a science forum, so i ask is there anything scientific i can do to prove what is going on

It should drop off with distance from the source. For a localized source, it would vary is 1/r^2. (if there’s an antenna, it will be somewhat different, but still decrease with distance)

The readings follow me if i move to a different position

How did you test this? Do the reading go away if you move away from the meter?

17 hours ago, swansont said:

It should drop off with distance from the source. For a localized source, it would vary is 1/r^2. (if there’s an antenna, it will be somewhat different, but still decrease with distance)

The readings fluctuate so its difficult. Even moving the acoustimeter say 5 inches or at a different angle can have a big effect on the readings, but if i move it back the 5 inches to a certain spot, the readings remain high (although fluctuating). I have also noticed its being aimed at metal things in the room and reflecting back on to me. So in other words it appears to be aimed at me directly or indirectly.

How did you test this? Do the reading go away if you move away from the meter?

I spend a lot of time sat in one position on my PC, the readings seem to be aimed where i am sat. If i move my PC to a different room, after a certain amount of time the readings will start up at that new position and stop from where i have moved from. Its the same with sleeping

1 hour ago, chrisa said:

I spend a lot of time sat in one position on my PC, the readings seem to be aimed where i am sat. If i move my PC to a different room, after a certain amount of time the readings will start up at that new position and stop from where i have moved from. Its the same with sleeping

You need to test other areas, not just where you are, to show this. If you’re just measuring background, it will be similar everywhere.

I don’t know what your detection band is, but things at room temperature do radiate at longer wavelengths, and there’s a lot of surface area in a room. A 1 m^2 surface radiates several hundred watts; most of that is in the IR, but a small amount is in the microwave/RF. A human would radiate even more, since a body is hotter. 

On 2/27/2024 at 6:44 PM, swansont said:

You need to test other areas, not just where you are, to show this. If you’re just measuring background, it will be similar everywhere.

I don’t know what your detection band is, but things at room temperature do radiate at longer wavelengths, and there’s a lot of surface area in a room. A 1 m^2 surface radiates several hundred watts; most of that is in the IR, but a small amount is in the microwave/RF. A human would radiate even more, since a body is hotter. 

I do test other areas. It's only aimed where i am positioned, to be precise at my head, if i move, the readings are normal for a certain amount of time, it could be a day, then they start up again. As mentioned, even moving the acousimeter a few inches or slanting it slightly affects the readings, from being high to being normal. That leads me to believe its a beam.

There is nothing else in my room or house causing the high readings.