Evolution of Eyes & Ears

Before  creatures had  eyes &  ears   like  when  they were  @ the  level of worms  and these things........or  before that    

They didnt  have eyes or even any  kind of  simple  light sensors...............how did they know  that these an electro magnetic wave that  can give them good and usefull Info  about  their environment ?  So they  went  and developed and  evolved  eyes  for themselves ?

before  they  could  hear anything  how  did they  know that  there is a physical  air wave that  also  can  give them  Information  about  their surroundings ?  So they  went  and evolved in a way  to be able to  sense that  wave ?

How  did they  knew  they needed to sense  things  that  they  were not  aware of the  existence  of those things ?

Thanx............

Edited by Saber

Unfortunately  i  have  Ignored the  person who  has   just replied due  to his  previous type of talking.........if he  has written some thing good and  is not  insulting  like the  past  could somebody  tell me  whats  he  had  said ?

8 minutes ago, Saber said:

Unfortunately  i  have  Ignored the  person who  has   just replied due  to his  previous type of talking.........if he  has written some thing good and  is not  insulting  like the  past  could somebody  tell me  whats  he  had  said ?

You can un-ignore.

'Evolution is a blind watchmaker' is often used to describe the evolutionary process. Everything new is a complete accident and is the result of a genetic mutation. If it works it stays and if it breaks it's gone. Reproductive fecundity and pure luck in the environment determine what features persist.

1 minute ago, Genady said:

You can un-ignore.

I  have  blocked my  family   on the phone  because they are  too much  on  my  nerves.........dont  think  anybody  would  be  prior  to my  family  ........

My  nervous system is in the first  priority...................i need it  to  sense this  world.......and  to be able  to survive.......

You have evolution back to front, by missing the natural selection part.

It's not at all about an organism knowing what would be useful, then developing it.

It's (in a nutshell) about random mutation sometimes making something that turns out to be useful, which is kept by providing an advantage.

And note that eyes and ears don't spring into the current form in one go.

e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

Edited by pzkpfw
Add more bold and italic and underline

1 minute ago, StringJunky said:

'Evolution is a blind watchmaker' is often used to describe the evolutionary process. Everything new is a complete accident and is the result of a genetic mutation. If it works it stays and if it breaks it's gone. Reproductive fecundity and pure luck in the environment determine what features persist.

That is  also a theory ......but im not a fan  of  that  im  not a believer of the ( accidental evolution  theory ) i  believe in ( purposal evolution )

2 minutes ago, Saber said:

That is  also a theory ......but im not a fan  of  that  im  not a believer of the ( accidental evolution  theory ) i  believe in ( purposal evolution )

Then, this thread should be not in the Evolution forum, but in the Speculations forum. Which I ignore.

2 minutes ago, pzkpfw said:

And note that eyes and ears don't spring into the current form in one go.

I know........but  i mean   @ the start point of the evolution of the  eye how did the creature knew that it  had to sense a thing and tried  to evolve light sensors in its body ?

1 minute ago, pzkpfw said:

Please read my post again. It answers your question.

I have read it  Mr. String  also   mentioned it.......

3 minutes ago, pzkpfw said:

Purposeful evolution is not a thing, and you will not get an answer that assumes it is.

So  i  have to  ask  my question in the  philosophy  section

7 minutes ago, Saber said:

If you still can  speak and understand Azeri i suggest you  (  if you like ) read some of the  works of this  guy ............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imadaddin_Nasimi

6 minutes ago, Saber said:

I have read it  Mr. String  also   mentioned it.......

So  i  have to  ask  my question in the  philosophy  section

No, not philosophy. Speculations.

Up  to  this  point the  best answer  in my POV was the   one  from  the member whom  i  had ignored......*  i  used another browser to see his post....im  afraid of  unblocking people whom i have blocked in my  life......due  to bad memories

about   purposal  evolution   you  know   i  dont think  evolution is a dice rolling gambler.........a  rather think  its a hard working & enthusiastic  engineer .......who also  makes  mistakes ........

25 minutes ago, Saber said:

Up  to  this  point the  best answer  in my POV was the   one  from  the member whom  i  had ignored......*  i  used another browser to see his post....im  afraid of  unblocking people whom i have blocked in my  life......due  to bad memories

about   purposal  evolution   you  know   i  dont think  evolution is a dice rolling gambler.........a  rather think  its a hard working & enthusiastic  engineer .......who also  makes  mistakes ........

Now you have added yourself to my Ignore list. Bye-bye.

59 minutes ago, Genady said:

Now you have added yourself to my Ignore list. Bye-bye.

I  believe respect to others  is  more important   than scientific  knowledge    Im more pleased with the posts of people whom their POV  on a  topic is not in line with mine but present their point with respect  than  to  those  who  dont know  how  to speak  to other people
And  i also believe that cutting myself from people who are not used to respecting others  is a form of self respect

Edited by Saber

6 hours ago, Saber said:

I know........but  i mean   @ the start point of the evolution of the  eye how did the creature knew that it  had to sense a thing and tried  to evolve light sensors in its body ?

It did not need to. The whole point of the theory is to explain how adaptations can arise, purely through more successful reproduction of creatures with a trait that happens to be an advantage. This is basic. You can read about it anywhere. The evolution of the eye can be traced to creatures with light-sensitive patches on their skin. Those that had them could move towards or away from the light and this would have enabled them to find more food or escape more predators, so they reproduced more and handed on the advantage to their offspring. Etc.

This is how it works, not by an organism “knowing” anything.

10 hours ago, Saber said:

How could this 'purposeful evolution' possibly work?  Does an animal think, "I need eyes" and then the animal just develops eyes and then somehow also changes it's DNA to pass on it's eyes to it's offspring?  Or does the animal think, "I need eyes" so it changes it's DNA so that it's offspring will develop eyes?

2 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

How could this 'purposeful evolution' possibly work?  Does an animal think, "I need eyes" and then the animal just develops eyes and then somehow also changes it's DNA to pass on it's eyes to it's offspring?  Or does the animal think, "I need eyes" so it changes it's DNA so that it's offspring will develop eyes?

Not all the DNA, but only a DNA in a gamete.

Perhaps a DNA in some ovum or a spermatozoon thinks, "My host needs eyes", modifies itself, and prays to be the chosen one.

4 hours ago, Bufofrog said:

When  you  want some thing  you feel  that  you want it   dont you ..For example  if  you  were a  creature who was in  early stage of evolving a mouth you  would feel   that  if you had some hard and sharp things  in your mouth grabbing & holding on the food or prey would be easier

If i  was a creature  who dwelled on the  trees i would feel if i had longer  arms it  would be better  when hanging on trees   perhaps.............

And  how about devolution  of  eyes ?   like in  moles  and in  cave fish ? they loose  their eyes   by  accident ?  I  think the  motivation  for  evolution is    Need    and  when  the need is gone like the need to see in  moles &  in  cave fish  they  devolve and loose their eyes ..........or like   marine mammals  who  replaced arms & legs with flippers

9 hours ago, exchemist said:

It did not need to. The whole point of the theory is to explain how adaptations can arise, purely through more successful reproduction of creatures with a trait that happens to be an advantage. This is basic. You can read about it anywhere.

This is how it works, not by an organism “knowing” anything.

Although  i  dont  disagree with  this   either..........i think  these two  traits  work  together

but  i   strongly   believe that even  one  electron   has awareness and  is capable  of thinking..............let alone.............animals.......... not  the  type  of thinking  that we do.............but  @ its own level of  existence........... i  believe that all the elements of this world  know what they  are doing  in the  subconscious  level.........if you   dont laugh @ me .............An Electron  thats   orbiting it  nuclea ........in a little  dust particle  in the  intergalactic.........space.......knows what  its  purpose is...................a light  sensoring   cell in a plankton that  lived 200 million  years ago.............knew   what  its purpose was..................

Edited by Saber