War Games: Russia Takes Ukraine, China Takes Taiwan. US Response?

iNow

21 hours ago, Genady said:

Don't you get a metaphore?

Yes, don't you get your own? 

I asked a legitimate question, in both metaphore-ia and reality; IOW how are you going to kill Putin?

You don't really kill a virus, you keep on defending untill it runs out of ammo.

Not sure what your friend was giving you lil green 1's for... 🙄

Edited by dimreepr

7 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Yes, don't you get your own? 

I asked a legitimate question, in both metaphore-ia and reality; IOW how are you going to kill Putin?

You don't really kill a virus, you keep on defending untill it runs out of ammo.

Not sure what your friend was giving you lil green 1's for... 🙄

Rito.

On 6/1/2023 at 1:18 PM, Genady said:

Rito.

I was going to let this, less than gracious concession, go; but then your friend gave it a lil green 1, and I'm WTF.

The implication seems to be, I'll say this to placate the fool; who asks questions I can't answer...

So my question to your like happy friend is, what's up with that/please explain yourself?

4 hours ago, dimreepr said:

So my question to your like happy friend is, what's up with that/please explain yourself?

Sure, that was me! 

It had absolutely nothing to do with his response to you. I would have upvoted him no matter what he said.

The reason I gave his post an upvote was because you got annoyed that he received an upvote previously. Sometimes I cannot suppress that little bit of troll in me... 🤪

19 hours ago, TheVat said:

Please use PM for offtopic issues.  (I have not been clicking likes or dislikes here, am just asking for more topic relevant posts)

Ye, mea culpa, sorry about that, I was bored (if truth be told); but OTOH it does kinda illustrate the sort of trivia that can start war's. 

This one included...

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

Ye, mea culpa, sorry about that, I was bored (if truth be told); but OTOH it does kinda illustrate the sort of trivia that can start war's. 

This one included...

If you are bored, don't trash other peoples conversations. 

On 6/4/2023 at 2:26 PM, StringJunky said:

If you are bored, don't trash other peoples conversations. 

Interesting, you're happy to go even further OT to get in a cheap shot (so easy are divisions made a chasm), and chastise me about something I haven't done, because when applied to Putin and this war and its reason's, my post's are, strangely relevant; for instance, look at the timing of the start of this war, if China hadn't given him a "lil green 1" the war would never have started.

Much like if the mods had come down on my side from the start of "this", the number of "lil green 1"'s would be stacked in my favour (please think carefully about that before you dismiss it).

Russian took down a damn in Ukraine yesterday. It will result in flooding and make it harder to cool the upstream nuclear plants that use that water for temperature control of the rods. 

Haven't seen the deets yet, but this reinforces my belief that seizure of Russian frozen overseas assets (somewhere around 300 billion) and allocating them to Ukrainian reconstruction would be justice.  Russia is a thug nation.  

1 hour ago, iNow said:

Russian took down a damn in Ukraine yesterday. It will result in flooding and make it harder to cool the upstream nuclear plants that use that water for temperature control of the rods. 

We can expect in such desparate things when the military upperhand is swinging the other way. They've only got nukes left by way of escalation. The planes are pinned on the ground.

3 minutes ago, TheVat said:

Haven't seen the deets yet, but this reinforces my belief that seizure of Russian frozen overseas assets (somewhere around 300 billion) and allocating them to Ukrainian reconstruction would be justice.  Russia is a thug nation.  

Russian ruling party is a mafia and I imagine they'll have a version of the Omerta; code of silence.

Edited by StringJunky

22 minutes ago, iNow said:

And neither India nor China would be down with that given how winds blow. 

Given the precision scientists have available  now for mapping radioactivity and deeper general understanding i think the fear is higher now than in the past.... which is a good thing for encouraging sitting on your hands. The Zaporhizia reactor is possibly where the nuclear brinkmanshipmight play out.

It's  interesting how both sides planes are not playing as much part as I thought they would.

Edited by StringJunky

Washington Post exclusive today....

Three months before saboteurs bombed the Nord Stream natural gas pipeline, the Biden administration learned from a close ally that the Ukrainian military had planned a covert attack on the undersea network, using a small team of divers who reported directly to the commander in chief of the Ukrainian armed forces.

Details about the plan, which have not been previously reported, were collected by a European intelligence service and shared with the CIA in June 2022. They provide some of the most specific evidence to date linking the government of Ukraine to the eventual attack in the Baltic Sea...   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/06/06/nord-stream-pipeline-explosion-ukraine-russia/

I was thinking Ukrainians were smarter than that.  Maybe they thought Germany and other N. Euros would be okay, the winters there are so mild?  Or that no one would ever figure out it was them?

Usually, endangering a key ally is not seen as a good idea.  

On 6/7/2023 at 12:43 AM, TheVat said:

Washington Post exclusive today....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/06/06/nord-stream-pipeline-explosion-ukraine-russia/

I was thinking Ukrainians were smarter than that.  Maybe they thought Germany and other N. Euros would be okay, the winters there are so mild?  Or that no one would ever figure out it was them?

Usually, endangering a key ally is not seen as a good idea.  

Ukrainians have bigger problem than bad opinion of people of Berlin and Washington.

2 hours ago, StringJunky said:

At the end of the day, and said explicitly by military chief Milley, they make their own operational decisions. It's their fight.

Americans can create desinformation to reduce a help to Ukraine.

41 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Can you expand on that? I don't understand.

Do you think that Obama and Trump want to help to Ukraine? And do you think that they have no influence in Biden's government and in The Washington Post? Then why this article is published in this concrete day?

Edited by DimaMazin