Biology is faulty(sexual orientation)

Altorfer Christian

I got the impression that he's not gay, or attracted to the same gender, but that he's been teased/bullied because he 'looks' gay.
( whatever that means )

But either way, his issues with self-loathing, drug withdrawals and suicidal tendencies are waaaay above our pay grade.
These are issues best left to professionals; although it may seem cold-hearted not to offer help, we risk making the situation worse.

54 minutes ago, MigL said:

I got the impression that he's not gay, or attracted to the same gender, but that he's been teased/bullied because he 'looks' gay.
( whatever that means )

He refers to "my homosexuality" and claims it makes him ugly, and wants to know if science can make him heterosexual. That's what I based my observations on.

There may be some translation problems. The Swiss are taught multiple languages, but I don't find Mr Christian's posts very informative. There was a problem with his beard growing during puberty, but I'm left to guess what that problem was. I can understand the non-interest in team sports being problematic in many societies for a small boy, but the voice sounding like a girl is pretty common. I was the only baritone in my class when I was 13, and most of the guys sounded like girls, especially over the phone. OTOH, when it comes to singing lead, very few bands have a baritone. Tenor voices dominate popular male music, so once again we have a perception problem rather than a physical one.

54 minutes ago, MigL said:

But either way, his issues with self-loathing, drug withdrawals and suicidal tendencies are waaaay above our pay grade.
These are issues best left to professionals; although it may seem cold-hearted not to offer help, we risk making the situation worse.

I'm hoping we can reinforce his decision to continue therapy, but have no interest in replacing it. 

On 11/13/2020 at 5:33 PM, Altorfer Christian said:

Sexual orientation and gender indenty are 100% a subject of biology🧬🧠.

There's some hormonal chemistry going on as well, and don't discount environmental effects. In most things, but especially science, there is rarely only one thing influencing another. It's usually an array of things.

Are you attracted sexually to men, but don't like that it makes you a homosexual? Sexual attraction doesn't mean you have to like ALL people of a certain  gender. 

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:

There's some hormonal chemistry going on as well, and don't discount environmental effects. In most things, but especially science, there is rarely only one thing influencing another. It's usually an array of things.

Are you attracted sexually to men, but don't like that it makes you a homosexual? Sexual attraction doesn't mean you have to like ALL people of a certain  gender. 

Also, gender attraction is not all or nothing.