William Barr, Trump's New Fixer

Airbrush

During Barr's confirmation I gave him the benefit of the doubt about his integrity.  But I learned that he applied for the job of attorney general long before he was confirmed.  In his 19-page job application he said that a president has almost unlimited powers to defy accusations of obstruction of justice.  So Trump hired him.  Now we are seeing Barr mischaracterizing the Mueller report.  When questioned if he knew what Mueller thought about Barr's 4-page memo "exonerating" Trump, Barr said he didn't know what Mueller thought about his mischaracterization of the Mueller report, which was a lie.  Mueller sent Barr a letter complaining about his mischaracterization of his report, weeks earlier.  Now Barr needs to explain how he "forgot" about Mueller's letter of complaint.  And now Barr is testifying before the senate.

Edited by Airbrush

30 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

During Barr's confirmation I gave him the benefit of the doubt about his integrity.  But I learned that he applied for the job of attorney general long before he was confirmed.  In his 19-page job application he said that a president has almost unlimited powers to defy accusations of obstruction of justice.  So Trump hired him.  Now we are seeing Barr mischaracterizing the Mueller report.  When questioned if he knew what Mueller thought about Barr's 4-page memo "exonerating" Trump, Barr said he didn't know what Mueller thought about his mischaracterization of the Mueller report, which was a lie.  Mueller sent Barr a letter complaining about his mischaracterization of his report, weeks earlier.  Now Barr needs to explain how he "forgot" about Mueller's letter of complaint.  And now Barr is testifying before the senate.

How high was Barr set?

I'm watching as we speak.

Somehow they think pissing and moaning about Hillary's email and fake news will save them.

It's no wonder Rosenstein resigned in haste once the letter from Mueller came to light.

Barr is floundering to answer truthfully.

41 minutes ago, rangerx said:

Barr is floundering REFUSING to answer truthfully.

There. FTFY

Prevaricating. Equivocating. These and related descriptors of bad faith arguing are words that sprang to mind for me while watching. 

I'm listening to the Senate hearing as I type.  Because of Barr's clever 4-page mischaracterization of Mueller's report, Trump had a WHOLE MONTH to boast "NO COLLUSION...NO OBSTRUCTION... I'VE BEEN TOTALLY EXONERATED...WITCH HUNT...COUP!!!"  Critics of Trump could not say a thing for ONE MONTH.  First impressions are very powerful in human understanding.  What a brilliant scheme.  Barr set a skewed first impression for Trump's base to gloat over for ONE MONTH.  Then Mueller's report came out and Trump's base and republicans are not very interested in the damning details.  Very clever scheme, it worked.  Now the Dems are stumbling around trying to penetrate Barr's defense of obfuscation and diversion by splitting hairs on every charge. 

Pat Leahy should retire.  He could hardly articulate questions at all, mumbling and stumbling and making little sense.:confused:

Edited by Airbrush

15 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

Pat Leahy should retire.  He could hardly articulate questions at all, mumbling and stumbling and making little sense.:confused:

Merely because one flubbed questions does not excuse the fact Barr perjured himself before congress.

We need to hear from Mueller himself. Barr's assertion his summary was not a summary is unacceptable. The question posed to him previously whether there were concerns from the OSC.

Clearly there were concerns.

Apparently Chairman Graham didn't read the report in it's entirety, but prejudged the issue as a done deal. That tells anyone all they need to know.

32 minutes ago, iNow said:

One can see in his style Mueller is a professional, in total contrast to the POTUS. Hopefully, he'll keep making a noise and ensuring, in his own way, due process is executed,

Edited by StringJunky

4 hours ago, StringJunky said:

One can see in his style Mueller is a professional, in total contrast to the POTUS. Hopefully, he'll keep making a noise and ensuring, in his own way, due process is executed,

He does seem to be in that small select group...

...of maybe 7 billion or so...