Looking for the best theories how electricity may work

nec209

What is best book or web site that may explain the best theories how electricity may work.

What I got so far.

While the exact nature of electricity is not fully known, theories have been developed that enable us to understand its characteristics and thus developed means to make it do useful work.

studying electron theory is the major key.

The atom is a minute particle and cannot be seen even by a powerful microscope.

However, the presence of atoms may be detected by sensitive electrical instruments.

:oSeems to be off topic talking about Matter, Molecule and Atoms.:o

I'm looking for how electricity may work not theories or quantum mechanics talk.

Actually we already know how how electricity work, it is simply  a flow of charge, and quantum mechanics is what explains electricity at the most fundamental level, if you want to understand it at a fundamental level. Electricity is more or less classical mechanics so we known about how it works for hundreds of years.

This is what a hydrogen atom looks like with a quantum microscope:

18ontxblfw77lpng.png

And if you want start knowing more about electricity simply use wikipedia.Wikipedia - Electricity

Edited by eggman2
Insert wikipedia link

20 minutes ago, eggman2 said:

Actually we already know how how electricity work, it is simply  a flow of charge, and quantum mechanics is what explains electricity at the most fundamental level, if you want to understand it at a fundamental level. Electricity is more or less classical mechanics so we known about how it works for hundreds of years.t start knowing more about electricity simply use wikipedia.Wikipedia - Electricity

Yes, what strange claims in this day and age. 

13 hours ago, nec209 said:

The atom is a minute particle and cannot be seen even by a powerful microscope.

However, the presence of atoms may be detected by sensitive electrical instruments.

To "see" atom, there is just needed Cloud Chamber. Atom is ionized by e.g. x-rays, ion and electron are accelerated in external electric field, and send through Cloud Chamber, which reveals path of particle (and few properties, like rest-mass and charge).

13 hours ago, eggman2 said:

Actually we already know how how electricity work, it is simply  a flow of charge, and quantum mechanics is what explains electricity at the most fundamental level, if you want to understand it at a fundamental level. Electricity is more or less classical mechanics so we known about how it works for hundreds of years.

This is what a hydrogen atom looks like with a quantum microscope:

18ontxblfw77lpng.png

And if you want start knowing more about electricity simply use wikipedia.Wikipedia - Electricity

My understanding is a microscope uses light to see really small things and a photon is bigger than an atom so a photon would just move the atom around not allowing you to see it.

18 minutes ago, nec209 said:

My understanding is a microscope uses light to see really small things and a photon is bigger than an atom so a photon would just move the atom around not allowing you to see it.

So what. We can visualise atoms in various ways including those above, atomic force microscopes and others. 

Mare you suggesting that only things we can see optically are real?

14 hours ago, nec209 said:

I'm looking for how electricity may work not theories or quantum mechanics talk.

So are you looking for non-scientific “explanations”?

2 hours ago, nec209 said:

I don't see any connection to the question here.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to narrow down what you mean by 'electricity'.

In particular what properties of electricity are you interested in?

There are different models for different aspects of the subject so this would help to find the right one for your needs.

On miércoles, 12 de septiembre de 2018 at 2:12 AM, nec209 said:

Theoretical statements have been published that define the electric charge as a topological invariant. Do not ask me how the configuration space where this topological formulation works is constituted. The only help I can provide is to suggest that you search the internet for the following.

"electric charge".topological

In this way, the search is configured to show specific results.