akashic records true or false? What are they?

Robittybob1

In researching the topic of Einstein's view on religion I came across a post by a forum member which stated:http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/67876-truth-and-knowledge/page-2#entry693499

Albert Einstein was an office chair scientist working as a patent officer for ten years. To my mind, though it remains officially unrecognized, he has synthesised science and religion back into the "science hoary with age" that was the occult of (disputed) Atlantis (Plato's "Timaeus and Critias"). Currently, proofs of a universal mind and akashic record are ignored and even disdained. This is the contestable difference between "Mind over Matter" (Hermetic philosophy) and "Matter over Mind" (materialism), as competing theories. An eclectic of disciplines is required, which our age and its complexity has rendered almost impossible. Also, time to absorb and evaluate the necessary evidence becomes less available.

You can't write a paragraph like that without considerable study and what does he say "proofs of a universal mind and akashic record are ignored".

Did he feel there was proof of the Akashic records?

What are they?

Edited by Robittybob1

You can't write a paragraph like that without considerable study

I'm not sure about that. It could easily be a collection of random ideas thrown together by someone who doesn't know what they mean.

Edited by Strange

I'm not sure about that. It could easily be a collection of random ideas thrown together by someone who doesn't know what they mean.

Well put it this way it sounded educated to me. If I wrote something like that the outcome would definitely be akin to the random chance of a monkey with a typewriter.

(Even that was hard enough!)

Edited by Robittybob1

Sure you can; you just make it up. For example, Einstein only worked at the Swiss patent office for 7 years (1902-1909), not 10. Getting details wrong implies a lack of considerable study.

1 minor error which may have just been based on a rough estimate like 7 years is rounded up to 10. Was there anything else obviously wrong?

I have no idea of the rest. It is like a foreign language to me except the words "Akashic records" for I have an inkling of a concept of them.

Edited by Robittybob1

It sounds like a made up story. Nobody has ever found "Atlantis" or even ruins of "Atlantis". Nobody has ever found the "Akashic records" either. They make for a nice story but other than that there isn't really any evidence supporting their existence.

He is noting that Atlantis is disputed, but it isn't Atlantis but the Cult or "occult of Atlantis" that he speaks of contained in Plato's Timaeus and Critias.

... he has synthesised science and religion back into the "science hoary with age" that was the occult of (disputed) Atlantis (Plato's "Timaeus and Critias").

Then he goes on:

Currently, proofs of a universal mind and akashic record are ignored and even disdained.

Which is exactly what you have done. He then seems to imply there are proofs of these. If I made such unsubstantiated claims I'd get my marching orders.

I'll have to read the rest of the thread to see if these proofs were ever asked for.

He is noting that Atlantis is disputed, but it isn't Atlantis but the Cult or "occult of Atlantis" that he speaks of contained in Plato's Timaeus and Critias.

Then he goes on:

Which is exactly what you have done. He then seems to imply there are proofs of these. If I made such unsubstantiated claims I'd get my marching orders.

I'll have to read the rest of the thread to see if these proofs were ever asked for.

The forum member put up a good argument but he did have a different point of view. The reference to the akashic records seem to just go unnoticed by the other posters amongst a lot of topics in discussion and it wasn't questioned thereafter.

I'll have to see if the akashic records have been discussed by any other members over the years.

Same member

Thus in the image of God made He man is an echo in KJV. The superconscious mind, or consciousness on the other side, can only speak through dream symbolism and intuition, to the mind of the conscious physical life in man. Psychology absolutely refuses to follow such assertions, or any from hypnosis concerning the psyche and psychic abilities or past life memories, much less Edgar Cayce's gift of reading the Akashic record of all souls and channeling the Universal Mind (last Chapter Daniel prophecy).

Well that is different.

Another poster:

Cheating the Ferryman: A New Paradigm of Existence? | New Dawn : The "There is available to each person a recording of every possible life they could live. I call this recording the “Bohmian IMAX.” Others may recognise it as the “Akashic Record” or the “Akashic Field” of Professor Ervin Laszlo.

Cheating the Ferryman!

That's it. 3 references and no follow on comments.

That's it. pointless trying to work them out here.

Edited by Robittybob1

1 minor error which may have just been based on a rough estimate like 7 years is rounded up to 10. Was there anything else obviously wrong?

I have no idea of the rest. It is like a foreign language to me except the words "Akashic records" for I have an inkling of a concept of them.

If you "have no idea" then you can't validly conclude that it required considerable study. You are being too credulous.

If you "have no idea" then you can't validly conclude that it required considerable study. You are being too credulous.

I have given up finding out more about the akashic record via the forum sorry. The member concerned obviously had a complex belief system with highfalutin sounding words but since the akashic record was not discussed in depth, I'll have to look elsewhere.

The concept of akashic records was invented in 1884 by Theosophists.

Theosophists would really, really like it if Albert Einstein got his ideas from Blavatsky, but there is no evidence that this is the case.

Mixing the theories of the forefront of science with ancient mysticism and selling it to people is nothing new. Unless Einstein jotted down some ideas that his lines of thinking was towards the OP's quote, it is most likely bullshit.

Edited by kisai

I have given up finding out more about the akashic record via the forum sorry.

I am rather more curious what an "office chair scientist" is. It sounds like three words strung together at random. Is it like a banana satellite artist? Or a sundown bluebird dolphin?

I am rather more curious what an "office chair scientist" is. It sounds like three words strung together at random. Is it like a banana satellite artist? Or a sundown bluebird dolphin?

It could be like many people who are overqualified for their jobs, like having a degree in physics and and having to work at the fast food restaurant to make ends meet. I get the impression Einstein struggled to get a position as a scientist to begin with.

Sorry but I don't comprehend your other attempts. Would you care to explain them?

The concept of akashic records was invented in 1884 by Theosophists.

Theosophists would really, really like it if Albert Einstein got his ideas from Blavatsky, but there is no evidence that this is the case.

Mixing the theories of the forefront of science with ancient mysticism and selling it to people is nothing new. Unless Einstein jotted down some ideas that his lines of thinking was towards the OP's quote, it is most likely bullshit.

That is interesting that you make this association of Einstein with the Theosophists. Where did that idea come from? Was that the implication being made in the old thread link in the OP? It had an amazing title for sure; "Truth and Knowledge" by Pymander.

Edited by Robittybob1

"sounds like three words strung together at random"

But in the example being discussed they are not random, mine would be "fastfood restaurant physician" or for Einstein rather than saying "patent office clerk", "patent office theorist".

I always smile when they say Einstein was good at his day job.

(Just waking up down here)

"Armchair scientist", "Queen Street farmer", "backyard builder" and "Number 8 wire technology" are some of the sayings we have in NZ.

Edited by Robittybob1

That is interesting that you make this association of Einstein with the Theosophists. Where did that idea come from?

It is an extrapolation of what you quoted. The Akashic Record is a Theosophist invention.

Currently, proofs of a universal mind and akashic record are ignored and even disdained.

One of the key tenets of Theosophy is that current day scientific discovery is really just a re-discovery of a scientific-mystical blend that they practiced in Atlantis and Lemuria hundreds of thousands of years ago[1] by ascended masters with large pineal glands for telepathic communication. And of course they have a secret society which leaks out these secrets (not Theosophy! Someone else!) when society is right for them.

[1] I'm glossing over details, but the details aren't interesting.

Edited by kisai

From Truth and Knowledge - "Whoever sets himself up as a judge in the field of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods - Albert Einstein."

It is an extrapolation of what you quoted. The Akashic Record is a Theosophist invention.

One of the key tenets of Theosophy is that current day scientific discovery is really just a re-discovery of a scientific-mystical blend that they practiced in Atlantis and Lemuria hundreds of thousands of years ago[1] by ascended masters with large pineal glands for telepathic communication. And of course they have a secret society which leaks out these secrets (not Theosophy! Someone else!) when society is right for them.

You would need to be careful when extrapolating. In the Old Testament that was where I first noted hints of the "akashic record" but it was operating under a different name, but the idea of "Heavenly Books" is a really ancient concept, much older than Theosophists.

You would need to be careful when extrapolating. In the Old Testament that was where I first noted hints of the "akashic record" but it was operating under a different name, but the idea of "Heavenly Books" is a really ancient concept, much older than Theosophists.

Claiming that "Ancient Wisdom" all points towards some ubiquitous truth is a Theosophist claim. :P

Claiming that "Ancient Wisdom" all points towards some ubiquitous truth is a Theosophist claim. :P

But it is not a novel idea, it had been around since historic times. The theosophists may have copied the idea or had some experience to confirm it anew. I can't talk about the Theosophists for I know little about them.

When I read what you wrote "by ascended masters with large pineal glands for telepathic communication", that makes it sound as there is a genetic mechanism behind the phenomena. I then wonder if these people have these enlarged glands before they ascended?

How is it possible to enlarge one's pineal gland?

Here's a joke answer "Exercise it!"

Could it be a non-lethal mutation that leads to enlarged pineal glands?

Edited by Robittybob1

I think this quote from wiki pretty much sums it up

"There are anecdotal accounts but no scientific evidence for existence of the Akashic records"

Well, if they don't exist it hardly matters if they are true or false.

I saw your post and I will look at the link soon but consider how science could get the evidence it needs? Science has trouble proving that a subject is conscious let alone what the subject is conscious of.

I can't imagine as YET how you could test it. Shall we try and design an experiment for the scientific discovery of Akashic Record?

From the anecdotal evidence link it says:

Anecdotal evidence is considered dubious support of a generalized claim; it is, however, within the scope of scientific method for claims regarding particular instances, for example the use of case studies in medicine.

So if the only clues we have are the case studies. Can we put those cases to the test? Is there something within the experience that can be tested?

Problems with this is the cost and time involved. Maybe it needs to be a national project or even a global one, which is then monitored for the next century or more to see if the "information" from the Akashic record had power of precognition of the future or truthful facts about the past.

Still may or may not be conclusive. How will you be able to tell the "true Scotsmen"? There will be claims of "not a true Scotsman",

if you know what I mean.

Edited by Robittybob1

But it is not a novel idea, it had been around since historic times.

That doesn't stop it being stupid.

When I read what you wrote "by ascended masters with large pineal glands for telepathic communication", that makes it sound as there is a genetic mechanism behind the phenomena. I then wonder if these people have these enlarged glands before they ascended?

How is it possible to enlarge one's pineal gland?

Here's a joke answer "Exercise it!"

Could it be a non-lethal mutation that leads to enlarged pineal glands?

Are you being serious when you write this sort of stuff?

I mean, really?

You do know that Atlantis and Lemuria are myths and never existed? (It is possible that the Atlantis myth is based on the destruction of the Minoan civilization by the Santorini earthquake. But, although the Minoan civilization was quite advanced they didn't have magical technology and telepathic powers.)

You have? In what way?

I think reading the thread title is more effort than the thread deserves. And the more you post, the less valuable the thread becomes.