The greatest COINCIDENCE of all time, seems to be happening RIGHT NOW in front of us .

Mike Smith Cosmos

As regards Coincidence . I am referring to a period of time , spanning the last 100 years . During this period , :..........The greatest COINCIDENCE of all time ......human society seems to have gone into its ' Amygdala Mode Fight or flight etc .

How is that a coincidence?

How is that a coincidence?

Definition :-

-------------------------

coincidence

kəʊˈɪnsɪd(ə)ns/

noun

a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection.

"it was a coincidence that she was wearing a jersey like Laura's"

synonyms: accident, chance, serendipity, fate, a twist of fate, destiny, fortuity, fortune, providence, freak, hazard; More

the fact of corresponding in nature or in time of occurrence.

"the coincidence of interest between the mining companies and certain politicians"

synonyms: co-occurrence, coexistence, conjunction, simultaneity, simultaneousness, contemporaneity, contemporaneousness, concomitance, synchronicity, synchrony; More

. ---------------

I think if I read this correctly , it can have a synchronous feel about it , even possibly some connection.

Or

Completely , unconnected , occurrence, as if by chance , yet provocative of serendipity.

------------------------------

So :-

What am I saying ?

The last 100 years , have been like no other in human history .

Everything has been changed, everything is different .:-

People behave differently ; men and women, individuals, groups , governments, heads of state,

science is different ; most technology has been invented in this last 100 years

War is different ; men used to fight hand to hand with horses and swords, now drones, and mass bombs.

Society is different ; kings and surfs have given way to democracy and freedom of choice

Exploration has changed radically , all the countries of the world , have been found , and peopled, now , now , we look to the Sky, the moon, planets , stars and beyond for our exploration and discovery .

For aeons we read, parchments and books , now we surf the internet .

The next question could be . is this fluke ? , that it has occurred now? , or is there some causal coincidence, ? or even some serendipity type coincidence?

In looking , as any good researcher observer , for any possible Pattern , both in the reality of this subject, as well as the analogy model ( Mother Duck and the experience of her chicks at the weir. ) Has anything at all popped out .

One thing is all parts of society ( us ,over the last 100 years ) seems to be concerned with origin.

As scientists , we seem to have spent an inordinate amount of time, inventions, ventures, observations, investigations , experiments, ..looking for the origin of the Universe. These investigations have spawned the Big Bang , inflation, vacuum energy, the primeval atom , atomic physics , particle theory, the origin of matter . not to mention the origin of life itself.

As mathematicians have sought the origin in/ of maths , in logic , symmetry , calculus, matrices , shapes,

infinity, nothing , and everything

Philosophers have sought the answers to origin in theory, debate, thinking , discussing, the mind and so on.

Religious people have sought their origin in God, the Bible, other religious prophets books and experiences.

Poets and writers have sought their origin in the soul, their feelings , their mind.their experiences , their imagination.

The commonality here is in Mother Duck . Being all that those ducklings knew in life so far , is that they came out from under her wings , and they are exploring the immediate surroundings and when in danger , hurry. to be near her

So the coincidence seems to point toward , what we are doing as never before, on mass, as a whole society , and as the fragmented disciplines in that society, we are seeking our origin, our originators, our beginning.

If one was to go more serendipitously for a coincidence then , those who can venture their mind to ethereal matters might just ask ?

Does this herald an impending visit from our originators .? Are thy hostile or benign ?

Or for the religious :-

Does this herald a visit from the originator himself/herself in some way shape or form in the immediate future. ( many religious people have been expecting this ) ?

All this HAS , to be asked , because we are all part of a very mixed natural , diverse discipline , society.

Mike

Edited by Mike Smith Cosmos

What am I saying ?

The last 100 years , have been like no other in human history .

Everything has been changed, everything is different .:-

People behave differently ; men and women, individuals, groups , governments, heads of state,

science is different ; most technology has been invented in this last 100 years

War is different ; men used to fight hand to hand with horses and swords, now drones, and mass bombs.

Society is different ; kings and surfs have given way to democracy and freedom of choice

Exploration has changed radically , all the countries of the world , have been found , and peopled, now , now , we look to the Sky, the moon, planets , stars and beyond for our exploration and discovery .

For aeons we read, parchments and books , now we surf the internet .

How is that a coincidence? i.e. how is it a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection? Are you claiming that societal change is completely unconnected to advances in technology? That the way we wage war is completely unconnected to advances in technology? That exploration is completely unconnected to advances in technology?

Is the internet completely unconnected to the invention of the laser and advanced microprocessors?

The next question could be . is this fluke ? , that it has occurred now? , or is there some causal coincidence, ? or even some serendipity type coincidence?

In looking , as any good researcher observer , for any possible Pattern , both in the reality of this subject, as well as the analogy model ( Mother Duck and the experience of her chicks at the weir. ) Has anything at all popped out .

One thing is all parts of society ( us ,over the last 100 years ) seems to be concerned with origin.

As scientists , we seem to have spent an inordinate amount of time, inventions, ventures, observations, investigations , experiments, ..looking for the origin of the Universe. These investigations have spawned the Big Bang , inflation, vacuum energy, the primeval atom , atomic physics , particle theory, the origin of matter . not to mention the origin of life itself.

Science tries to discover how nature behaves. That is discovers some of these things is pretty much the opposite of coincidence.

So the coincidence seems to point toward , what we are doing as never before, on mass, as a whole society , and as the fragmented disciplines in that society, we are seeking our origin, our originators, our beginning.

How is that a coincidence? And how is that something novel? Are you really claiming people didn't do this more than 100 years ago? Seriously?

S. How is that a coincidence? i.e. how is it a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection?

M. I think we should clear up what I understand Coincidence to mean in this context . O.k. So if things coincide, we think of two apparently independent things , happening simultaneously , at roughly the same time . Now , I think it would be fair to say , most people have fairly loose arrangement in their mind , as to whether things occurring at the same time are in total isolation , or there may be degrees of one causing the other to 'happen at the same time ' ' coincide' . Or on the other hand feel that there is no deep connection , but look ' we coincided ' well that is no surprise. ( we were after all in town the same day, but still chance ) . Then there is the really freaky one . There is no connection that is known , but somehow , serendipity, kicks in and a fortunate coincidence happens . So really I think most people understand that coincidence can range across the whole spectrum . From :- Made to coincide deliberately ..to ... Complete surprise with coincidence , as no known connection exists , other than random chance for things to occur simultaneously , by coincidence. ( so in using the word , it does need qualifying as to the chance of coincidence. )

S. Are you claiming that societal change is completely unconnected to advances in technology? That the way we wage war is

completely unconnected to advances in technology? That exploration is completely unconnected to advances in technology?

M. So from the previous agreed definition , no they may well be connected !

S. Is the internet completely unconnected to the invention of the laser and advanced microprocessors?

M. So again as reasoned above this too is well connected , with fibre optic communication and networks , like the internet.

S. Science tries to discover how nature behaves. That it discovers some of these things is pretty much the opposite of coincidence. How is that a coincidence? And how is that something novel? Are you really claiming people didn't do this more than 100 years ago? Seriously?

M. No of course they did all sorts of things over the centuries . What I am saying that the amount, pace, scope , depth, complexity , quantity etc are all ' coinciding ' to make a big show in these , specific , 100 year period , as never before. And to boot, all this has ' coincided ' with us finding ourselves with a pretty full Earth , ready for the next step .

--------------------[ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~]----------------

M. And who knows if there is not to be the ' Ultimate Serendipity Coincidence ' of a return of ' The Originators ',

whoever or whatever that is. Or it is happening Right Now in front of us

Such a Serendipity , ' The Greatest Coincidence of all time ,' would be outside of our ability to influence.

But could have been a planned coincidence by the ' Originators ' If they still exist .

God help us if they Do not exist ! and are unable to do their Serendipity bit of : -

. . . ' The greatest Coincidence of all time , right now , in front of us . '

---------------------[~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~] -------------------------

Ps. I suppose one could look for some form of evidence of this !

Mike

M. I think we should clear up what I understand Coincidence to mean in this context . O.k. So if things coincide, we think of two apparently independent things , happening simultaneously , at roughly the same time . Now , I think it would be fair to say , most people have fairly loose arrangement in their mind , as to whether things occurring at the same time are in total isolation , or there may be degrees of one causing the other to 'happen at the same time ' ' coincide' . Or on the other hand feel that there is no deep connection , but look ' we coincided ' well that is no surprise. ( we were after all in town the same day, but still chance ) . Then there is the really freaky one . There is no connection that is known , but somehow , serendipity, kicks in and a fortunate coincidence happens . So really I think most people understand that coincidence can range across the whole spectrum . From :- Made to coincide deliberately ..to ... Complete surprise with coincidence , as no known connection exists , other than random chance for things to occur simultaneously , by coincidence. ( so in using the word , it does need qualifying as to the chance of coincidence. )

Well, you can't use both definitions.

If you mean the definition that it's "a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection" then you need to explain how this is so.

If you mean that they happen at the same time, then this is a trivial discussion. Yes, things happening today are happening today. They are co-incident. There's nothing particularly remarkable about the general theme of discovery relying on earlier discovery and giving rise to more discovery.

What I'm asking is if there any point to this discussion.

Well, you can't use both definitions.If you mean the definition that it's "a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection" then you need to explain how this is so.If you mean that they happen at the same time, then this is a trivial discussion. Yes, things happening today are happening today. They are co-incident. There's nothing particularly remarkable about the general theme of discovery relying on earlier discovery and giving rise to more discovery.What I'm asking is if there any point to this discussion.

Yes. I think there is every point in the world to this discussion , right now !

As research scientists , that's what we do . We look for things that 'appear to have a connection, because they appear to coincide, either exactly or more likely loosely , coincide . Only then can we grasp the frailest of straws , and attempt to experiment , in such a way , as to home in on a possible scientific connection , and probably at this stage ,come up with an Hypothesis. Or , alternatively , there is a coincidence , but we have not a clue, not a notion, no idea whatsoever is going on , yet we may have a hunch , that something is there somewhere.

Such could be said ,about this last 100 years. I do not think any historian ,looking back from some future time , will not clearly point to these 100 years , as anything less than , " a pivotal time " . With all the ' hockey stick ' graphs of statistics , having their near right angle swing to increase . Surely they alone indicate a distinct time period . Let alone any other considerations .

Mike

Such could be said ,about this last 100 years. I do not think any historian ,looking back from some future time , will not clearly point to these 100 years , as anything less than , " a pivotal time " . With all the ' hockey stick ' graphs of statistics , having their near right angle swing to increase . Surely they alone indicate a distinct time period . Let alone any other considerations .

That is a prediction and only time will tell whether you are right or not.

That is a prediction and only time will tell whether you are right or not.

Proving my prediction , right or wrong , is not my main concern. What is important , as far as I can see it . Is :-

Are we so busy, preoccupied with the immediate day to day running of our affairs , as to miss this , ginormous coincident , so big it's towering over us , so as to be almost be out of sight , like a Hugh cliff face . We look at the thing 6 foot up in front of our nose, yet cannot take in the 100 meter cliff , towering into the sky. I feel like that when I go on my Geological field days . One meter of layers of sediment in front of me represents approx half to one million years . 6 inches is like human civilisation from the Egyptians to today . The cliff is out of total perspective , there is no way to put it ,into any context of time that relates to me.

Here are more of ducklings hanging about the weir edge ! And Mother duck up steam nonchalant , with a couple of other chicks .

post-33514-0-85520900-1429516514_thumb.jpgpost-33514-0-37366200-1429516541_thumb.jpg

Mike

Would that statement have been false in 1915?

Would that statement have been false in 1915?

Yes but that is the point . The FIRST World war , was the turning point . For the first time the world mobilised into a most ghastly , state of Global combat . Since then we have had a century of complete change . Very historic. Changes that books can and have been written about . It is this century that I am saying has the makings of a 'C' change . Like nothing that has gone before..

I am sure if a far distant observer in another star system looked on Earth for the last century , they would have seen it light up , literally .

So significant, I do not think we can ignore it. In fact we can not afford to ignore it .

Mike

Yes but that is the point . The FIRST World war , was the turning point . For the first time the world mobilised into a most ghastly , state of Global combat . Since then we have had a century of complete change . Very historic. Changes that books can and have been written about . It is this century that I am saying has the makings of a 'C' change . Like nothing that has gone before..

I am sure if a far distant observer in another star system looked on Earth for the last century , they would have seen it light up , literally .

So significant, I do not think we can ignore it. In fact we can not afford to ignore it .

Mike

Yes, as in it would have been false? People were not wondrous about heavier-than-air powered flight, the automobile, the electric light bulb, the spread of railroads, photography, the telegraph, the telephone, anesthesia, pasteurization, among other things?

Wasn't war irrevocably changed by the invention of the revolver and cartridges and then the gatling gun and then the machine gun? Dynamite?

So the perspective of 1915 wouldn't have been that the preceding century had seen change "like nothing that has gone before"? I disagree, and can't fathom how you could have this position.

I am not sure we are in disagreement or agreement , there are too many "false" , no, yes and assumptions on the others statements . On the Go , all at once .

I have not been talking about , one point in time . Or the build up to the 20 the century being not eventful. The whole of history has been an amazing achievement. Of course inventions had to build on one another over the centuries .

It's just that 1914 to 2014 has been a century to top all centuries in the coincidence way that I have been discussing.

We are suddenly now in this time , literally in principle and reality able to leave this planet and go and live on Mars . Is that not a coincident that we basically need to leave this planet and go and live somewhere else. .... At exactly the century when we must leave this place or do something radical. ....

As we are running out of room, running out of Oil, running out of food , trees, minerals , space, time , patience , water, ice , animals ,species, stable climate, the list is endless . This is a coincidence because it is happening now at the time when it's all within our comprehension and in some ways possibility . .

Coincidentally . All coming at the same time .

Now whether we get any help to make this change , remains to be seen !

I know if I had been responsible for originating this lot , I would pick NOW to come and pay a visit

Mike

I am not sure we are in disagreement or agreement , there are too many "false" , no, yes and assumptions on the others statements . On the Go , all at once .

I have not been talking about , one point in time . Or the build up to the 20 the century being not eventful. The whole of history has been an amazing achievement. Of course inventions had to build on one another over the centuries .

It's just that 1914 to 2014 has been a century to top all centuries in the coincidence way that I have been discussing.

Just like the view in 1915 would have been that the previous century had "been a century to top all centuries". And 1815 would have been the same before that. And 1715.

And you still keep saying coincidence, without making it clear which definition you are using. It's quite frustrating. All of the inventions and discoveries in the last century have been co-incident to the last century. That's a tautology. As there is nothing profound or remarkable about this, it's hard to believe that it's what you mean by "greatest coincidence".

We keep discovering new things. That's something that defines the modern age. Being at the pinnacle of technological achievement has been true at every moment of that span.

And you still keep saying coincidence, without making it clear which definition you are using. It's quite frustrating.

I appreciate your criticism of my argument , and how that does not make it clear what I mean .

I still feel from my perspective , coincident is the correct description . Which I will try and explain the veiled nature of :-

" the greatest coincidence of all time , seems to be happening , right now in front of us. " .

. I have just passed it by my wife , who understands why you are struggling with my use of "coincidence" Speaking of me she says " you are stating the blo...y obvious , as usual "

However here is the nub :- ...

I have been looking for patterns of invisible things all my life since childhood. The invisible thing that fascinated me the most was Radio Waves .

Taking accurate information from here to there , " invisibly , so light in weight , so fast so accurate, full of intelligence, information , so miraculous, only using small electrical components , coils and an aerial, and small amounts of electrical energy . finally at 19 ,making electronics my career.

Now , I see this taste of the natural miracles of the Cosmos , enabling the possible Return visit of " the mother Duck " in a much bigger picture . This century may have had the visit of the ' Originators ' without the world realising it has been occurring . ( Hence " Right now in front of us , " also this has been planned by the ' originators ' , to coincide with " the century of centuries" . The pinnacle of Human Endeavour. )

How did we do ? Is it a " -mene-mene-tekel-upharsin ? " or " well done good and Faithful servant .! "?

What a "coincidence of all time "

Mike

IOW, independent confirmation that you're stating the obvious.

Now , I see this taste of the natural miracles of the Cosmos , enabling the possible Return visit of " the mother Duck " in a much bigger picture . This century may have had the visit of the ' Originators ' without the world realising it has been occurring . ( Hence " Right now in front of us , " also this has been planned by the ' originators ' , to coincide with " the century of centuries" . The pinnacle of Human Endeavour. )

How did we do ? Is it a " -mene-mene-tekel-upharsin ? " or " well done good and Faithful servant .! "?

What a "coincidence of all time "

And then a heap of conjecture on the top, that has no evidentiary connection to anything.

" the century of centuries" . The pinnacle of Human Endeavour. )

Which it isn't. It's just like climbing a mountain. If you keep going up, you are always at your highest point thus far, but the only thing special about that point is that it's now, rather than in the past. But tomorrow you will be higher still.

When all points are special, none of them are. (To paraphrase Syndrome, even though he was the evil nemesis)

Has anyone mentioned how much this seems like the Douglas Adams Puddle Perspective?

I think, in 85 years, people are going to be talking about the 22nd century being the pinnacle of our achievements. I think it's going to happen every generation between now and then, and every generation afterward, unless we have a cataclysm that sets us back (asteroid, supervolcano, conservative politics, etc).

Has anyone mentioned how much this seems like the Douglas Adams Puddle Perspective?

I think, in 85 years, people are going to be talking about the 22nd century being the pinnacle of our achievements. I think it's going to happen every generation between now and then, and every generation afterward, unless we have a cataclysm that sets us back (asteroid, supervolcano, conservative politics, etc).

Of course. Right now. This minute. This is the state of the art.

IOW, independent confirmation that you're stating the obvious.And then a heap of conjecture on the top, that has no evidentiary connection to anything.Which it isn't. It's just like climbing a mountain. If you keep going up, you are always at your highest point thus far, but the only thing special about that point is that it's now, rather than in the past. But tomorrow you will be higher still.When all points are special, none of them are. (To paraphrase Syndrome, even though he was the evil nemesis)

Was 'syndrome ' a mythical being ?

Ps . I feel this puts us in an interesting change-from disaster, to 'win - win situation '

If I am RIGHT we are in for a possible spectacular phenomenon.

Strange un-fathomable space craft descending from the skies with thousands of friendly off-worlders.

And/or

Ladders splaying out in a thousand directions , with Angels descending by the myriad .

From which our world will be fixed . Before another thousand immigrants loose there life , as their boat goes over during their flight from Africa to Europe .

Or if I am WRONG. We have - a reprieve - more time for the world to get its act together .

Similarly we will have time to turn around this and similar catastrophes. So we can fix our world . Before another thousand immigrants loose there life , as their boat goes over during their flight from Africa to Europe .

Mike

!

Moderator Note

Mike, this has to stop. We are constantly having to reprimand you for your inability to maintain a coherent discussion and frankly, it is growing tiring to have to wade through these threads to decide whether or not they need to be closed.

If someone responds to you with a valid point that refutes what you are saying, you need to start making a much more concerted effort to actually reply to them in kind. It is not an invite for you to start rambling on about irrelevant stuff about the universe or whatever it is that has taken your fancy. That is not how a discussion works and it's about time you learned that.

Since you have once again started to invoke elements of a closed discussion, I am closing this thread. In the future, you need to stick to the thread of conversation. If someone raises a valid argument against what you are saying, respond only to those points. Do not go off on tangents. Do not soap box. Do not bring up closed topics. We are going to be much more stringent on these issues in future and if you cannot comply, do not be surprised if you find yourself suspended.