Was this a miracle or a mistake?

Well, since the word "isotopically" doesn't make sense in context, I guess it's a mistake.

But to counter that Janus explained it on the referred to thread and it was in context. So do the moderators change the words of a post and not tell us? That might be the third option miracle, mistake or alteration.

So do the moderators change the words of a post and not tell us?

No, we don't. We remove offending material and post if we've done so, and occasionally edit thread titles. But content? no.

If it's there it's because you put it there.

No, we don't. We remove offending material and post if we've done so, and occasionally edit thread titles. But content? no.

If it's there it's because you put it there.

That might be the fourth option - senility and forgetfulness.

Did I use that word and completely forgot that I did? Thanks.

Strangely enough a glimmer of recollection did return once I had to focus that it was myself as being the source.

I'm not entirely sure why your consideration of the event didn't start there.

Edited by Greg H.

Have you never done something while tired and forgot that you did it? Let's leave the topic there shall we.

Of course I have, and my first response was not a) miracles or b) malfeasance by the forum admins. It's usually "Why the hell did I do/say that?"

Because he used a word he knew nothing about?

Except that he didn't. He has two prior posts that use the word "isotope" (one a quote, one a direct post), neither of which contain inquiries about what the word means. There are inconsistencies in that position.

Except that he didn't. He has two prior posts that use the word "isotope" (one a quote, one a direct post), neither of which contain inquiries about what the word means. There are inconsistencies in that position.

Isotopical as in "very close isotopically" is a very unusual word for me to use. I do know the word "isotope", but that must have been my first use of the word "isotopically" especially the concept "close isotopically".

Edited by Robittybob1

Isotopical as in "very close isotopically" is a very unusual word for me to use. I do know the word isotope, but that must have been my first use of the word "isotopically" especially "close isotopically".

You probably never used it before but you knew instinctively that was the right prefix to add, in the context of your post; you understand the rules.

You probably never used it before but you knew instinctively that was the right prefix to add, in the context of your post; you understand the rules.

I usually celebrate using a new word in my vocabulary. It is just that I must have slipped up there. What is this about the rules? Forum rules?

Edited by Robittybob1

Erhm...that's suffix. :P

Why is this posted in religion?

That's the $64000 question.

Erhm...that's suffix. :P

That's the $64000 question.

It felt miraculous at the time; to see my post with a word in it that I couldn't recall using at that time.

I can't see any similarity between that and the miracles attributed to Jesus.

Rules of English usage.

Rules of English morphology, would perhaps be more accurate.

Knowing those rules would be another miracle!

And you do know them. And the rules of English grammar. And phonology. And the amazing thing is that you worked them out all by yourself, without any help, and mostly before you were able to talk.

Edited by Strange

Rules of English morphology, would perhaps be more accurate.

My vocabulary let me down and I couldn't figure the right word at the time so I used 'usage'. 'Morphology' is spot-on. +1

Edited by StringJunky