SFN Upgraded

Dave

I'm using 'view new content', I go to the bottom of the page and mark all as read. This takes me back to the Forum page. So far, so good. When I now click on view new content, shouldn't it say no new content found? What it does is list the same new content page as before, with the new post indicators blank.

Edited by ACG52

I thought it was ugly at first.

Now I think it's more sleek and elegant.

I approve.

There's also a function that let's you see what other people are doing. How do you find new site content without these features? Do you actually go to each subforum page?

Speaking of "Online Users", is there a way to default it to "Show Registered Only"?

You live in America

I am a citizen of the universe.

Edited by ydoaPs

I am a citizen of the universe.

No, we are the universe realizing itself as a human for a little while.

What it does is list the same new content page as before, with the new post indicators blank.

What are your filter settings on the left?

Dave, Capn, and all the admins - I really like the new setup so far. Many thanks for the hard work it must have been implementing, and for the future debugging to come.

By the way - does it benefit the forum to click the facebook "like", googleplus "+1" etc? I will quiet happily click regularly if it is gonna raise profile a/o ad revenue etc

If it gets us more readers and regular visitors, it's a help to us. We get hundreds of thousands of visitors, so a few more from Facebook won't make a dent in our ad revenue -- but if one of your friends decides they like SFN and joins, we benefit. The more smart and interested members we get, the better!

That is not what I call an improvement.

---------------------

I am working from different PC's at work, at home,...

From this one, when editing a reply, the system opens the edit in full mode for half a second then changes in simple mode without any facilities. The buttons for quoting, inserting image link, etc. are grey. I'll have to try from another PC to see if that happens everywhere. Some other time.- Oops, it works correctly now. I don't know what happens.

Edited by michel123456

Alternatively, Cap'n tells me you can double-click inside a quote and it will allow you to respond to multiple parts of the post and make the edit buttons active. I haven't tried it but I will soon.

I don't understand that.

Other issue.

Went to "Reply to this topic", then bottom right to "More Reply Options' then clicking the Image button: the Forum gets all grey and impossible to do anything.

Edited by michel123456

I don't understand that.

Other issue.

Went to "Reply to this topic", then bottom right to "More Reply Options' then clicking the Image button: the Forum gets all grey and impossible to do anything.

When that happens it should present you with an input box to type in the image's URL. You aren't seeing the box are you? What browser are you using?

I'm thinking it's a popup blocker. Try pressing and continuing to hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard as you click More Reply Options. If that fixes it, then your issue is the result of a popup window being blocked by IE.

INow

I don't think It's a popup issue. Although I have IE9, I set it to block all popups and the Add Image box still came up here.

Michel

Try deleting your cache: Tools > Internet Options > General > Browsing History: Delete > OK

If this fails try another browser to see if the issue is repeated.

Try resetting IE. There's a FIXIT button on this MS page that will do it for you...follow the prompts:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

If you want to backup and restore your favourites folder use this first:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/MailBrowserBackup-Download-124292.html

What OS are you using?

Don't need to do anything that drastic; it's probably just cached code from the old software interacting badly with new stuff from the new software. Force-refresh or clear cache and see what happens.

The site doesn't use any popups, so you shouldn't need to disable a popup blocker.

Don't need to do anything that drastic; it's probably just cached code from the old software interacting badly with new stuff from the new software. Force-refresh or clear cache and see what happens.

The site doesn't use any popups, so you shouldn't need to disable a popup blocker.

He did that: See my post 71.