pumpkin intake

fresh

hello friends, just a simple Q,

could anyone tell me what the maximum daily intake for pumpkin & and any side effects ?? (i don't want to see my skin turn into pumpkin)

after google for 2 days, i cannot get a reliable answer.

thanks.

AFAIK, there are no real guidelines for maximum daily intake. The beta-carotene in pumpkin may cause some skin discoloration if you eat too much (carotenemia?), but I think "too much" depends more on your own body type than any standardized amount of pumpkin. From what I recall, the skin discoloration isn't harmful.

AFAIK, there are no real guidelines for maximum daily intake. The beta-carotene in pumpkin may cause some skin discoloration if you eat too much (carotenemia?), but I think "too much" depends more on your own body type than any standardized amount of pumpkin. From what I recall, the skin discoloration isn't harmful.

one thing i feel puzzled is why too much Vitamin C /other types of vitamin in our body is very dangerous and even fatal, whereas carotene(it is converted into vitamin A in the liver) in excess amount has no such serious threat to us ? ? in other words, too much vitamin A doesnt cause any health problems to us. why ?

Vitamin C generally does not cause complications, it is mostly eliminated via urine. Vitamin A has actually a higher risk of accumulating in adipose tissue.

When you see a vitamin (that is: A, D, E or K) in oil inside a gel cap, it tells you that it dissolves in an oily medium more readily than in water. These are so-called "fat-soluble" vitamins (fats and oils basically being the same thing for this purpose), and the adipose tissue that CharonY mentioned is body fat. Because these fat-soluble vitamins dissolve less readily in a water-based solution (such as blood), they tend to accumulate in the body fat, where they can build to toxic levels, instead of getting into the bloodstream and being eliminated by the kidneys (as CharonY mentioned about Vitamin C).

Also, keep in mind that, just because a substance is good for you doesn't mean that "more is better". For example, water can be fatal.

As they say — Everything in moderation.

If you are consuming pumpkin in the form of pie, it can reputedly have side effects.

See my blog post Why Dorks Love Pumpkin Pie

One study claims that the smell of pumpkin pie stimulates arousal in men,

that its scent is an aphrodisiac.

Haha! if this is the case, good for men!

i just steam fresh pumpkin. pumpkin pie? what the difference ?

Haha! if this is the case, good for men!

i just steam fresh pumpkin. pumpkin pie? what the difference ?

The primary ingredient in pumpkin pie spice is cinnamon. Historically, cinnamon oil was used as a mood elevator, treatment for impotence and fatigue fighter.

If you seriously think that steamed pumpkin and pumpkin pie are the same thing... :wacko:

Hey, guys, there are many ways to cook pumpkin.

Without cinnamon, how can pumpkin pie does the trick as Bill Angel said ?

without cinnamon, there is absolutely no connection between pumpkin pie and sexual arousal.

It is said onion itself can induce sexual desire.

Edited by fresh

I thought it was melons rather than pumpkins that had that effect on some men.

http://www.urbandict...ave%20a%20melon

To put a melon in a microwave long enough to warm it in and out. Then cut a hole in it and proceed to have sex with it. (only for the MOST desperate of people).I think i will microwave a melon and have sex with it.

(other cucurbits are available)

WOW! it looks like a psychopath to me.

Ummm no, I think I'm a pretty nice guy. My wife thinks so anyway... ;)

why no ? Nobody is asking u r a nice guy or not.

whether u are a pretty nice guy has sth to do with pumpkin sex below ????

quote:

To put a melon in a microwave long enough to warm it in and out. Then cut a hole in it and proceed to have sex with it. (only for the MOST desperate of people).I think i will microwave a melon and have sex with it.

u guys think men have sex with microwaved pumpkin is normal ??

what the world we are living in ??? i never heard such abnormal thing deemed as normal..

frankly, i dont dare to tell any of my friends what that quote is about. i feel very embarrassed to speak it out.

they will defintely think that is like a freak and feel gross !

what's wrong with this world, people think that is normal....??

any psychologist here ?

OH MY GOD !!

Edited by fresh

why no ? Nobody is asking u r a nice guy or not.

whether u are a pretty nice guy has sth to do with pumpkin sex below ????

quote:

u guys think men have sex with microwaved pumpkin is normal ??

what the world we are living in ??? i never heard such abnormal thing deemed as normal..

OH MY GOD !!

you need to go back and read what I was answering to... yes I'll wait for your apology... a + rep point will do...

no, it is not about u, it is the guy who gives me the - 1 who should apologize.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that, but it looked like he was responding to something other than supporting melon sex :rolleyes:

never let anyone know you object to negative rep... ;)

I wouldn't hold my breath for that, but it looked like he was responding to something other than supporting melon sex :rolleyes:

Maybe u r right. but i find i dont understand men. men are more unpredictable than women.

how the men think is quite different from women.

hello, any psychologists here ?

Maybe u r right. but i find i dont understand men. men are more unpredictable than women.

how the men think is quite different from women.

Your post #9 mentioned that cinnamon causes arousal in men, then your post #12 mentioned that onions induce sexual desire, John C related that to a side story about melons, which I thought was a clever double entendre, and zapatos was saying that just being awake induces sexual desire in men.

The rest of it was a misunderstanding on your part. No psychopaths here, no one ardently supporting melon or pumpkin sex. Let's squash that idea.