Starwars Episode 3

ed84c

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will it be long enough to have an intermission?

Intermission? What movie has ever had an intermission? LOTR Return of the King could've, but then again they could've just cut the last hour and you wouldn't have missed anything.

Any ideas how long it is? Will it be long enough to have an intermission?

About 2 hours. I only hope that it is a bit more interesting than Return of the Jedi, which had like an hour of dancing at the beginning. It was the worst episode.

I think this episode will include how Annikin became Darthvader. Can't wait for it.

I hope its no more than 70 minutes long. The newer star wars movies make me sick. Lets see, you've got 20 or so years to conceptualize. Access to newer technology and a bigger budget. But they just plain suck compared to the older episodes. I am hoping the series is over after Episode 3.

The Annakin to Vader story should be good, but as far as I'm concerned, when they replaced the Wookies with Ewoks on the moon of Endor in Episode 6, it was all downhill from there.

Kiddie appeal ruins a good thing once again.

The Annakin to Vader story should be good, but as far as I'm concerned, when they replaced the Wookies with Ewoks on the moon of Endor in Episode 6, it was all downhill from there.

That said, had they attmepted to do the "Wookies in the trees on Kashyyyk" version, it would probably have been worse.

Intermission? What movie has ever had an intermission? LOTR Return of the King could've, but then again they could've just cut the last hour and you wouldn't have missed anything.

Offhand, I can think of two movies with an intermission; Fiddler on the Roof, and Gone with the Wind.

this annoyed me as well, but I guess lucas doesn't care about depth, and believability as much as making the movie appeal to the largest possible demographic. He's like a modern P.T. Barnum.

Kiddie appeal ruins a good thing once again.

Bravo!!!!

Like every other film that tries to bring out 'the continuation 'of classics.Star wars is crap.
I disagree. I think the first two (episodes IV and V) were brilliant. These were movies that were so cutting edge at the time, so far above anything else around, that people were waiting in 2 hour lines to see them. When they first came out there were no multiplex cinemas, so theatres were showing Star Wars exclusively, and fought to hold their copies for as long as they could. And people were going to see it over and over again. Not just two or three times, but 20-30 times or more (I saw the first one 12 times, each time with a different date--it was the best date movie of it's time).

Episode IV set the hook, so to speak, and Episode V offered a wonderfully gloomy edge to the story and made the villains even more... villaneous. But attendance for V wasn't as good as IV and the toys sold so well that VI was tailored to an Ewokety cuteness level that didn't scare the 5-9 year-olds who were buying the toys. I felt in VI Lucas had sunk to a Disney-ish level that no longer separated him from the crowd. And after setting the bar, he has played it safe and profitable and has done nothing to raise the bar since.

* edit *

Any ideas how long it is? Will it be long enough to have an intermission?
Why is an intermission so important to you? I think intermissions are a pain in the ass. LOTR was long enough to warrant one, but good enough to where you didn't mind not having one. Any movie that needs to have an intermission to give me a break isn't worth my time.

Sorry to break it to you, but apparently Episode III does have a battle with Wookies in the trees of Kashyyyk....

Lolly Roffles

Anyway its not the intermission i like, just a benchmark for how long i want the film to last.

Done my Ep 3 desktop theme today. Me=Chuffed.

Well I thought LOTR should have had an intermission just to allow people to go to the bathroom without missing anything. It's ridiculous -- you buy drinks and popcorn and then have to sit there for 3-4 hours? Come on.

But it doesn't matter anymore. I don't see movies in the theater anymore. LOTR was one of the view exceptions. Crying children, ringing cellphones, people having conversations, parking hassles, astronomical prices... no thanks. I bought a DLP projector and a killer sound system and that's the end of that. Home Theater uber alles!

I don't see movies in the theater anymore. LOTR was one of the view exceptions. Crying children, ringing cellphones, people having conversations, parking hassles, astronomical prices... no thanks.
It is pretty sick to pay $9 so some JD can throw popcorn at someone he knows 6 rows down. I don't like anything that takes me out of the moment during a movie. Some movies are worth the big screen hassles though.

A great example of the perfect home movie experience is the TV series 24 on DVD. I can't imagine sitting through commercials or having to wait a week between episodes on network TV, but they were awesome to watch back-to-back with no interruptions on DVD. My buddy is just about finished watching the 3rd season and I get it next. It's also better when it's free!