Evolution of Man Revised

oblivion

it is informing topic with some entertaining words. that's how we really came to exist, although it wont be agreed by many. happy.png

!

Moderator Note

If that's your position, we can discuss this in Speculations. You will have to come up with some supporting discussion and evidence.

Come on people. Grow a sense of humor. Yes it was appropriate to move this to the Lounge section. I don't think oblivion is serious, so I don't see a need to move this to Speculations. The opener is essentially what the history channel's Ancient Aliens program is teaching our children every day. Children however must believe it is true because its on "history."

My favorite part of that particular program is how often they use phrases like "is it possible?" My second favorite part is how crazy their "experts" look. Especially that guy with the unkempt hair.

LOL!!

Oblivion, that video you posted is insane. Why would it be necessary to accuse other scientists of brainwashing (at 4m56s) the general public? If they give some solid evidence, scientists will be happy to change their opinion.

If you really want to have a scientific discussion about this, please open a new thread (probably in Speculations). We all thought you were joking. It is a little late now to change this thread around.

If you really want to have a scientific discussion about this, please open a new thread (probably in Speculations). We all thought you were joking. It is a little late now to change this thread around.

He joined to make this his first post, in one of the mainstream science sections. I think he's dead serious, at least about dismissing evolution.

Come on people. Grow a sense of humor. Yes it was appropriate to move this to the Lounge section. I don't think oblivion is serious, so I don't see a need to move this to Speculations. The opener is essentially what the history channel's Ancient Aliens program is teaching our children every day. Chil...

Oh my word - Poe's Law playing out in the wild!

"Poe's law, named after its author Nathan Poe, is an Internet adage reflecting the idea that without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism."

And frankly I am still not sure.

LOL!!

Oblivion, that video you posted is insane. Why would it be necessary to accuse other scientists of brainwashing (at 4m56s) the general public? If they give some solid evidence, scientists will be happy to change their opinion.

most scientists will probably just refuse to change their opinion if novella like something is bound to happen

Edited by oblivion

If anything, at least the anthropologists will enjoy this thread... smile.png

And yes, this excuse can be used for almost every post on the internet...

Well, if we had one on this forum this thread would cause him/her to die from a raging hemorrhage.

Wooops, I didn't see Phi for all's link above on this, sorry for stepping on your toes. arc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starchild_skull

Discovery

Paranormal researcher Lloyd Pye, the owner of the skull, says he obtained the skull from Ray and Melanie Young of El Paso, Texas, in February 1999. According to Pye, the skull was found around 1930 in a mine tunnel about 100 miles (160 km) southwest of Chihuahua, Mexico, buried alongside a normal human skeleton that was exposed and lying supine on the surface of the tunnel.[1][2]

Claims

Pye claims that the skull is the hybrid offspring of an extraterrestrial and a human female.[3] According to Pye, a dentist who examined the upper right maxilla found with the skull determined that the skull was that of a child aged 4.5 to 5 years. The volume, however, of the interior of the starchild skull is 1,600 cubic centimeters, which is 200 cm³ larger than the average adult's brain, and 400 cm³ larger than an adult of the same approximate size. The orbits are oval and shallow, with the optic nerve canal situated closer to the bottom of the orbit than to the back. There are no frontal sinuses.[1] The back of the skull is flattened. The skull consists of calcium hydroxyapatite, the normal material ofmammalian bone.

150px-Hydrocephalus-baby.jpg
magnify-clip.png
Young children withhydrocephalus typically have an abnormally large head, as fluid pressure causes individual skull bones to bulge outward.

Neurologist Steven Novella of Yale University Medical School says that the cranium exhibits all of the characteristics of a child who has died as a result of congenital hydrocephalus, and the cranial deformations were the result of accumulations of cerebrospinal fluid within the skull.[4][3]

DNA testing

DNA testing in 1999 at BOLD (Bureau of Legal Dentistry), a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia found standard X and Y chromosomes in two samples taken from the skull, "conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes."[4]

Further DNA testing in 2003 at Trace Genetics, which specializes in extracting DNA from ancient samples, isolated mitochondrial DNA from both recovered skulls. The child belongs to haplogroup C. Since mitochondrial DNA is inherited exclusively from the mother, it makes it possible to trace the offspring's maternal lineage. The DNA test therefore confirmed that the child's mother was a Haplogroup C human female. However, the adult female found with the child belonged to haplogroup A. Both haplotypes are characteristic Native American haplogroups, but the different haplogroup for each skull indicates that the adult female was not the child's mother.[3]

Edited by arc

most scientists will probably just refuse to change their opinion if novella like something is bound to happen

If you think most scientists will not change their opinion, then why are you here?

Please note, I think that scientists constantly learn new things, and constantly change their opinion... So I disagree with you. But I am still curious about your world view, and about how you see scientists.

Here's part of the problem. The scientific method relies on evidence, not opinion. First there's all the testing that supports the skull being human (only). Then we have historical evidence to support that this was a case of hydrocephalus, which explains the skull naturally without invoking extraterrestrials.

Science is willing to entertain doubt, but in this case it's not very entertaining, since nothing anomalous warrants more than the standard, skeptical grain of doubt.

the skull being hydrocephalus was also discussed.

hydrocephalus wouldn't make skull thick like tooth enamel and create fibers, right?

lloyd pye says that mtDNA is human but nuDNA is not. 2012 result from NIH.

well i am not really sure about this starchild skull but

if its really alien, it would be probably better if he just clone it.

always better to have living alien than just skull.

but i am pretty sure we are not fully evolved from primates alone. ^^

Edited by oblivion

but i am pretty sure we are not fully evolved from primates alone. ^^

Are you referring to the fact that primates (including us) evolved from quadrupedal mammals, which evolved from small reptiles, all the way back to the first vertebrate fish? In that case, I'm pretty sure you're right.

Or are you saying that humans (who are primates) couldn't have evolved our level of intelligence without somehow breeding with aliens? If that's the case, I really wish you'd take all the time you've put into watching those Pye videos and study some evolution instead. Please don't waste another minute; you owe it to yourself to study a subject before you look for alternatives to it.

This is getting to be even better than Ancient Aliens. The International UFO Congress? Who knew this organization even existed? How does one join? If I join and stop cutting and combing my hair would that make me a ufologist? Is it possible? Could I get my own history channel TV show?

This is what happens when people start believing in little green men from outer space. I blame Carl Sagan and his billions and billions of stars.

The next thing you know people will stop trying to solve humanities problems and will simply wait for the UFO’s to show up to bail us out with their alien super technology.

-waitforufo

PS. When the UFO's do show up we may have to keep our eyes on our gold and women. From what I've seen on Acient Aliens the UFO's want both.