The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Guest amazed

I'm amazed. I just sort of lurk, and listen, and watch, and read... various threads and posts. What people write and believe is what amazes me.

Guest amazed

Hmm.. I feel the same. I'm surrounded by NASCAR fans. Not that NASCAR is that bad, but I see it as the high speed equivalent to professional wrestling. But some of the posts on this forum are not too cerebral, either.

Guest blackcobra

helo my name is sandilya done my mechanical engineering ,,but currently in most boaring field IT....interested in aerospace and history..

Hi

I am scientistsahai. I am a budding Bioinformatician with degree in Chemistry, Bioinformatics, E-Business and Biochemistry.

I am a research scholar in a business intelligence & e-security firm in Gurgaon,India.

Major interets in Chemistry, Biology, Bioinformatics, Proteomics , Genomics etc. :cool:

Gud to c the long long post....... :)

Hi all,

My name is Candice. I am interested in most sciences, but specifically, neuroscience, evolutionary psychology, biology, chemistry and physics. :) I look forward to stimulating and interesting discussions with you all.

I'm not new, but am back from an enforced extended break, during which I worked my fingers to the bone in the lab on a project and revised like hell for my finals (and then celebrated when it was all over). But it all paid off - I got a first,have got a job lined up and have lots of options open. And I have my life back now, which is good.

Guest Kazzeh

Hey all.

My name is Karen and i'm from Ireland, I came across this place today. I'm very interested in Psychology and how the brain works aswell as the more 'interesting' parts of physics such as Earth and Space, all of which gained my attention through reading Stephen Hawkings- A brief history of time.

I love instruments and all things Spanish, (especialmente los hombres) and play the flute, piano and most recently the drums- a girl drummer, Recognize!

Nice to meet you all! :)

hello every one! im a new member! i`m abbadon...im more interested in metaphysics and other philosopical studies like ethics. im also interested in occult sciences (?), the supernatural and the lot. i also like to know more about the natural sciences here and hoping too to find new interesting knowledge in other fields. thank you so much...

Guest ewomack

Hello everyone. I'm Ed. I'm not much of a scientist, but this forum looks intriguing. I'm working to correct my science illiteracy.

Hello! :D

Welcome aboard, new people! If you're curious about your 0 post counts, it's because posts in General Discussion don't count towards them. So proceed to the Science forums, take chances, get dirty, make mistakes and enjoy!

We're glad to have you here.

Hi

I am from India. I like Computer Sciences very much but I didnt get Computer Science in College. I finished my 12th Grade and will be studying my Instrumentation and Control Engineering.

Nice Site This One

My favourites are Astronomy, Physics (especially Mechanics) and Computer Sciences

Hi,

This is eon_rider and I love science - mostly S/GR and Q.M.

The more I read about it, the less I realize I know. (Hate when that happens.. :D )

I only made it past first year university calculus so go easy on the maths.

But heavy on concepts is fine. I can usually visualise things well.

Thanks and really appreciate the outstandingly intelligent scientists here.

best to all,

eon_rider :)

hi!

I am a mechanical engg student...on his summerbreak...was finding stuff to do found this real intresting froum...so any othe mechies out here?

Anyway..I am making small R/c hovercraft from scratch..Any good online resource any one knows about...?

fields of intrest are fluidmechanics/heat transfer/aerospace/autmobile.........

just have the basic knowledge.....

starting my 5th semester after the break..

+ GTA-San Andreas is cool but no upto my expectaions...waiting badly for AOE3..

Over an out..

hi. my name is jacques (jazzoff - i like jazz and i am talkative, so ppl usually shoo me away by saying "jazz off, jacques" for the purpose of aliteration i suppose.) and i am a student. i like to ask stupid questions, and when teachers can't decide on who to be the representative for a certain competition, they will write my name without permission. my english sucks too.