The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

What is that supposed to be?

Firstly a welcome!

Followed by actually reading his blog and understanding his interests.Why do you feel the need to question me over a greeting?

I think your stepping outside the bounds of admin,are we mere members not allowed to greet new members.Perhaps i should ask permission from you first Sayo!!

Hey people. Great forum, way better than the science forum on totse.com. Love the latex by the way, it's a much appreciated luxury. My favourite branches of maths and physics are geometry (differential geometry, topology etc.) and general/special relativity. Still in secondary school so any chance to discuss science or maths with other people is great.

Greetings and Salutations,

I am a fossil. I watched the original Satr Trek in black and white. It looks so strange in color.

One of my biggest curiosities now is: since we have these powerful computers and this global internet, what are we going to do with it?

psikeyhackr

Hi, I'm new here, I'm really into mathematics (geometry and number theory being my favourite subject, although analysis (especially topology) is lotsa fun too. Live in Belgium, currently in the first year of university here. Sad but true my English isn't good enough for a witty remark or a good pun, so I think I'll stop here.

hey, i'm ang. i enjoy reading forums, and when i stumbled upon a science forum - i got really excited! i'm a college senior majoring in biology, and getting very anxious to be done with school!

glad to be here and look forward to continuing to read. :)

I find math interesting, but my ability to do it is somewhat limited. ;)

i'm with you. our high school is well verse on "how to use a calculator".

i had to ask my friend "frizzy" to do a math problem for me. it wasn't an easy one to begin with though. lol

ang........ nice quote

Hi folks. I'm buzsaw. I began forums at the old Newsmax site as "buzboy." . Newsmax ended their forums about 3 years ago. I went from there as "buzsaw" to NoPC, a small but well organized group, the more secular group from Newsmax after it discontinued. I wanted more serious stuff so went from there to Percy's EvC (Evolution vs Creation) forum where I remained for two years until I was suddenly permanently banned in an unprecedented manner, after which Percy posted a thread on my banning in which even a number of my ideological counterparts in debate complained and requested my restoration, one of which said if I wasn't restored he would leave EvC. The banning, imo, began to be eminite after I engaged a counterpart member in a "great debate" about my unique ID bypothesis which I call the "buzsaw hypothesis," an infinite universe ID hypothesis. The great debate opener was to the effect that my hypothesis satisfied all the scientific thermodynamic laws. It was to be the first in an attempt to reinstall a well structured moderated one on one judged debate. The debate went two pages after which my opponent, who arrogantly boasted previous to the debate that he'd put me away in his first post. It went for two pages after which he'd had enough after being on the defensive most of the debate. There was to be a subsequent thread open to all which went the full course of 300 plus posts in which I fully responded to a number of counterparts all the way, successfully defending my great debate opener. What did I get for all this effort? A suspension warning (not a banning warning) for what I consider trumped up alleged infractions. The whole thing is in the EvC archives if anyone here wishes to check it out. From the great debate relations between myself and Percy seemed to deterioriate to the point of the eventual banning.

I have no degree, but do a lot of reading to prepare for addressing topics which I engage in, especially in the science field. I use a lot of logic but have managed to do so in such a manner as to have avoided any suspensions from administration in the two years of my sojourn there.

I debate intelligent design creationism to the extent that my limited knowledge allows. I don't know how many bonafide ID creationists are here, but over at EvC, there were only two or three active ones, including myself pitted against a host evolutionists, including a number of creation evolutionists. My debate counterparts seemed to appreciate having someone active to debate from the ID perspective, as a number of threads I was involved in drew a lot of traffic.

I've been an avid Biblical student since age 10, 60 years ago and am into debating the fulfilled prophecies and such with secularists. I'm also quite into holistic health, some politics and philosophy.

I've said all the above to say that maybe administration should check out my modus operendi at EvC so as to determine if you want me here after being permanently banned over there. I've always been respectful towards admin and moderators and would appreciate very much the opportunity to engage here with you folks. If I've said too much here, feel free to delete what's not wanted. I must compliment admin for such a well structured and organized site here. It's the best I've seen on the web so far. I especially like the one click quote system. Cheers!

I've said all the above to say that maybe administration should check out my modus operendi at EvC so as to determine if you want me here after being permanently banned over there. I've always been respectful towards admin and moderators and would appreciate very much the opportunity to engage here with you folks. If I've said too much here, feel free to delete what's not wanted.

If you have been banned from other forums before, then presumably you have some idea of what to avoid.

I must compliment admin for such a well structured and organized site here. It's the best I've seen on the web so far. I especially like the one click quote system.

Cheers. We do our best :)

If you have been banned from other forums before' date=' then presumably you have some idea of what to avoid.

Cheers. We do our best :)[/quote']

Thanks Sayonara. Like I said, I've been quite involved with three forums and have been banned form one (EvC). I've had a good record in all, including EvC until after two years when problems arose which, according to even many of my counterparts, were certainly not what should have gotten me banned. Anyhow, happy to be here and will do my best to follow your guidelines.

Guest Eclipse

Hi everyone, im new, and excited to find a forum where i can post my own theories and views of the world. I will enjoy my stay here

New here, just found this forum and I find it interesting of a metaphysics stand point. I am a Gnostic Christian and much like Galileo Galilei, I find no contradiction in spirituality in regard to science - like gnostics, science itself is a method by way physics.

Look foward to posting

Looks like buzsaw likes to type too!! :D

I think you'll only be banned if your extremely rude to someone or post something very inappropriate. welcome

Thanks Dan. It appears that I'll get along fine here.

Hi, I'm new here. I'm 21 years old and am attending New Hampshire Technical Institute majoring in Computer Information Systems. My interests are: music, all sciences (in particular, physics, psychology, biology, anthropology, computer science, etc..) , running, working out, studying and learning, writing and reading.

I post at another science forum AKA sciforums.com, and I have to say the differences are interesting and remarkable. People seem a lot more respectful here.

*gasp*

i never introduced myself!

hi im Callipygous. (kyle, if anyone cares : P)

i like doing things on my mothers driveway that she finds disagreeable, and i have numerous scars to prove it (scars both on myself and the driveway)

my big interests are mostly under physics.

This is the first forum I've joined.

Anywhere.

Usually I just wonder around, but when I stumbled out of Google into SFN I couldn't read half the formulae being discussed, so I just had to join.

Really.

*gasp*

i never introduced myself!

hi im Callipygous. (kyle' date=' if anyone cares : P)

i like doing things on my mothers driveway that she finds disagreeable, and i have numerous scars to prove it (scars both on myself and the driveway)

my big interests are mostly under physics.[/quote']

what the hell do you be doing?

oh ya, welcome to the site!!! :D