The Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Radical Edward

Hi everyone i am sunshaker,enjoy all sciences, have many ideas but not the math :( so you will find any of my posts in speculation waiting for moderaters to send me to trash. hello lovely moderaters ;)

Hello sunshaker, and thanks for that envelope stuffed with all that lovely cash! Who needs math when you can obviously count so well already?!

Welcome to SFN, and enjoy your parking space right outside the front door.

I'm UglyIgloo, I just joined a few hours ago. I have a particular interest in cosmology, and astronomy. My favorite area of cosmology is studying quantum foam/ 4th Dimension.

For those of you wondering, my real name is Gavyn Bryan, and I'm really insane. Both neurotically, mentally. and physically. I'm not a big fan of biological science, or medical science(obviously). I'm a fan of Stephen Hawking's theories(although I do admit to sometimes pick on him, mainly for saying religion is wrong in a biased manner), and he's the one who inspired me to start studying about the 4th Dimension and Theoretical Physics.

So hello everybody, i´m Sinistar(nickname of course) from brazil and i am graduating in materials engineering, i want to do some stuff at home, safely of course, and i think that this forum will be really helpful for me. I saw very interesting and reliable coments that make me think that i am in right place.

Hello! :) My name's Luana. Nice to meet you!

I'm Italian and a Computer Science student. I love anything related to computers and web programming, and I love Mathematics, even though I've never been a great achiever in that field.

Glad to be here! ^^

Hello all. I'm just an ordinary guy who has some interest in science, especially on cosmology.

I just posted a bit of speculation under "Speculations," so you're welcome to read and give me any feedback. Thanks.

Hey everyone,

I'm Anthony. I'm a sophomore Macromolecular Science & Engineering student at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland). Just joined today!

I enjoy electronic music production and just messing around (on the weekends of course)

Nice to be a member here! : P

I thought for any new members that we have, it might be nice to introduce yourself. feel free to do so here :)

Hi Radical Edward,

I am a scientific glassblower at Princeton University where I make glass instruments for the research groups. I also specialize in working exotic glasses such as aluminosilicate that are widely used in polarized 3He target cells. I included a sample of a recent job I completed for the Combustion Lab. It's a a gas mixing chamber made of fused quartz. Gases are mixed and ignited inside a furnace that is heated to over 800c.

I look forward to being part of the forum.

post-79496-0-03380100-1349413732_thumb.jpg

Hello, I am Perry Calton in Lawton, Oklahoma, USA.

I am 62-years and retired but busy than ever. I have real estate investments as income but an artist at heart.

I have many interests, expert in few, armature in most.

I have been practicing meditation for about 30-years with some remarkable results and lately the results have been scientific in nature. Odd because I am have little scientific background or education.

In the past 2-months I have been learning some terms of interest. I am fascinated with quantum theory, sub-atomic particles all the way to multiple or parallel-universes therories.

Glad to be here.

I'm new to Science Forum but I am a science geek - just made a new science show so was wondering how keen we all were on the history of inventions?

of forgot to post facebook site...:blink:https://www.facebook.com/HowWeInventedTheWorld

I'm new myself. I'm serious when I say, "Who invented the wheel and when?" I hear announcers say "Egyptians constructed the pyramids without the wheel" and if that is true when and where was the wheel invented?

Just joined. Name is Vaughan, work in the audio industry and I'm a proud skeptic of all things weird and absurd. I've tried to dedicate myself to educating those who are led astray by the marketing departments and the usual fluff that surrounds them. Deal with one myth at a time is my motto.

Hope I can contribute to the site in a positive way.

Edited by Doctor X