On posting etiquette and anonymity - Split from Why are Physics Speculations ....

Wolfhart Willimczik, on 17 Apr 2013 - 10:20, said:

It is not recognizable that this is your real name if others use some nonsense as names Mister and I go not play hide and seek to search for your real name.

Despite this, others have recognized it.

It is not recognizable that the picture is not from yourself. It is too small to recognize anybody else, even if he is well known. You mislead any newcomer in this forum.

And yet, other recognize it.

It's generally a mistake to extrapolate personal abilities, preferences or motivations onto others.

Contradictory to your behavior you demand that I make everything crystal clear to you

You're the one proposing a new idea. The burden of proof is on you to support it. I ask for clarification where things are not clear. Of course, you started badly by claiming something is a mystery when in fact it is well-known.

Why are you doing this? What is the purpose of this?

I enjoy it.

Are we here in Kindergarten?

I doubt they teach quantum mechanics in kindergarten.

Did you ever ask the person in your picture for permission to use it – better to misuse it?

Public figure. Public domain.

And about anonymity are most the communists happy, because the former jailer etc can easily “treat” (say zersetzen) further their former victims, otherwise the victim would recognize him and report him to the police or FBI. Do you know that Wikipedia is full of former Stasi officers given all today a new directive? Nobody notices this.

Don't forget about all the lizard people, either.

what is "pseudonymously"?

Posting using a pseudonym. A fictitious name, esp. one used by an author.

By the way: every police man would shoot you with your toy gun, because it is not recognizable as one.

One make no jokes about it.

They would shoot a piece of paper or an iPad, because it had a picture of an actor with a toy gun? It's a frikkin' picture. It's not a real person with a gun, living in your computer.

Took me about a minute to find a real life picture of what the victim looks like after

" beating the living daylights out of each other "

I fulfill your demand. Here it is my live picture..

Now happy?

Not really, because you seem to enjoy missing the point of every quote you reply to. The rest you just seem to ignore without even trying. Not to mention I still don't know that that is really you. You just said you looked up people that have been beat up, the picture looks like a guy that got beat up.

The main point, though, is that I don't care what you look like or what you're name is. Neither of those has indicated anything to me, the only thing that I have even paid attention to is your posts. Whether you give me all your information, health records, transcripts, etc. it would not make your posts any better. A rose by any other name is still a rose, and crap posts under any name are still crap posts.

Took me about a minute to find a real life picture of what swansont looks like. Scary thing is, he was smiling!

No gun in that picture though.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I am holding a knife, and terrorizing a cake.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I am holding a knife, and terrorizing a cake.

I found a profile picture from what seemed like lecture information. But I found the cake picture now as well, the one with you and your gang. Slicin' and dicin'.

Jeez, I'll be branded a stalker soon enough.

Why will somebody put a false picture up? And why is not everybody using this right name?

Welcome to the internet - just as a tip, those emails aren't actually from Nigerian princes who need you to hold onto their fortune, for a little while. ;)

Science has a long and heralded tradition of anonymous peer review. There is nothing untoward about protecting one's identity whilst critiquing an idea of a colleague - in fact it's that standard model for how science is published.

This is a ridiculous thread and perhaps the best (maybe unintentional, but probably not) trolling I've seen in a while.

With that said, has anyone asked about the issue of verification? I mean, seriously. If I said, "here's my picture," how would one go about verifying whether I was being sincere or insincere?

This is a serious question. If no credible response can be provided, then the complaint/concern regarding anonymity/pseudonymity itself also lacks credibility.

r-FATHER-large570.jpg

Because he is un-employed and from Indiana?

You claim to be employed and in Austin Texas. Either your picture is false or your posts were. Completely valid point you make though - I prefer to go under an obvious internet handle and abstract avatar rather than run risk that people may think I am trying to deceive.

This is a ridiculous thread and perhaps the best (maybe unintentional, but probably not) trolling I've seen in a while.

With that said, has anyone asked about the issue of verification? I mean, seriously. If I said, "here's my picture," how would one go about verifying whether I was being sincere or insincere?

This is a serious question. If no credible response can be provided, then the complaint/concern regarding anonymity/pseudonymity itself also lacks credibility.

r-FATHER-large570.jpg

With that said, has anyone asked about the issue of verification?

http://chrisabraham.com/2009/01/05/on-the-internet-nobody-knows-youre-a-dog/

But, again, why does anyone really care? This isn't a dating site. As far as actual operation of the site, because some people do wish to hide their identity, you have to defer to that if you want to invite full participation. (I think Google learned that when they deemed pseudonyms to be against the rules when they started Google+, which really hasn't exactly taken the world by storm.)

Verification of ability is, to some extent, easier than that of identity. One can get independent confirmation of information that someone presents and over a period of time you can build up confidence that a person knows what they are talking about, or not. It's also helpful that pretenders tend to fall into a few distinct behavior patterns.

I care Mister, who ever you are, because I may save people from harm. And I warn people who can’t see the danger, because I am old enough and have seen where it will end…

Younger people should listening.

Any state, society or small forum is characterized how it treats its enemy.

I was an enemy of the state in East Germany – and I am proud of, because I disagreed how they people treated. And I was going even rather in jail than denying the truth. (There I found all the scientist I could never talk to outside the jail.) That’s make me so dangerous for all liars and all bad people. I say always the naked ugly truth, knowing I get punished for it.

You see I put up even my present picture by demand, even I don’t like it. (I would never hide behind a false picture! This would be a lie.)

To deceive their suppressed ones they subduer must always lie on some point. This must be uncovered. I tested this forum and got the result: The suppressors lie! They told above they would publicly say why they punish somebody.

I got the following message:

Wolfhart Willimczik,

You have been given a warning by imatfaal.

Reason: Abusive Behaviour

<div class='callout'>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Insulting and abusive attacks on other members are not tolerated.  Desist now.  <br /> <br />[url="

They punish the victim who gets insulted. That's the way it's go.

They never point out a single word from me, what would be abusive.

This method of punishment is well known. The Stasi/SSD has perfected it.

All this inhuman, power misusing people have all the same: fear for the public.

I said they should do it publicly. I criticized and I said how it could be done, but changes what makes Admins obsolete are the most dangerously.

Remarkable also that nobody has react to my proposal.

I tear down their false face – that is the reason why I am banned in every forum, because Stasi methods spread out over the entire internet. They live by anonymity.

I even don’t know who punished me (the same as in a law less state), who “imatfaal” is.

The police has to make everything publicly in a democracy. As this user stated. This there is no science forum but a dictatorship.

I stated: stay away from Wikipedia.

Now I say: stay away from all dictatorships!

It is the same if you build a fertilizer plant in a city. One day you will see the result.

Some users started to “wolfharteln”! What if this spread out? A catastrophe for all false gurus, liars, dictators etc.

Did anybody ask himself, why just the trouble maker have that many postings – over 1000?

The answer is simple: A real scientist works on his next discovery and has never the time to post here all the time

I hade to say it, even if it is my last posting.

But I forgive them, because they don’t know what they are doing.

Ever think it might be perhaps something to do with well, you?

I sincerely doubt it. The part about him thinking that, I mean.

It says a lot that this has happened over and over to Wolfhart Willimczik, but it obviously doesn't say a lot to him. Those who feel persecuted almost always go out of their way to keep the persecution going. Anyone who reads the posts he's criticizing can see he was given ample opportunity to keep the discussions civil and on-topic, but he always went back to sniping and personal insults.

It's always about him because he wants it that way. At SFN we try to look only at ideas because that's all that matters, and it avoids appeals to authority, but he wants it to be personal, with pictures of us and real names. Can you imagine how much more personal Wolfhart Willimczik would make the insults if he had your real name and photo?

[...]They never point out a single word from me, what would be abusive.

This method of punishment is well known. The Stasi/SSD has perfected it.[...]

You wonder what abusive behavior you have ever committed, and in the very next sentence you insult the staff of this forum by comparing it with an oppressive regime?

LOL. Good one.

You should compare any online forum to someone's household or shop or a sports club, not to a country.

If you are annoying for long enough, you will get kicked out.

Admins are not the democratically chosen representatives. They actually own the place. (I'm a mere mod, not an admin, btw).

And by the way, we didn't hide this thread yet, did we? If you search around, there are more threads like this. Not hidden. Public.

You wonder what abusive behavior you have ever committed, and in the very next sentence you insult the staff of this forum by comparing it with an oppressive regime?

This part seems like the Eastern European version of the Galileo complex. How can people fully understand that great ideas don't have to come from great people, and then completely fail at understanding that the ideas are what's important?

Isn't science supposed to avoid this kind of personal drama?

You were publicly told about the infraction

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/74373-on-posting-etiquette-and-anonymity-split-from-why-are-physics-speculations/?p=739305

Is the objection here that you don't understand why phrases like "He has absolutely no idea" and "He should read. But if he don’t and hate physicists like Einstein he is a hopeless case" and "I would like see your idea if you had ever one" are personal attacks? That "he" refers to a person, and not to what that person is saying? And that targeting a person is … personal?

LOL. Good one.

You should compare any online forum to someone's household or shop or a sports club, not to a country.

If you are annoying for long enough, you will get kicked out.

Admins are not the democratically chosen representatives. They actually own the place. (I'm a mere mod, not an admin, btw).

And by the way, we didn't hide this thread yet, did we? If you search around, there are more threads like this. Not hidden. Public.

what means compare It? it is a oppressive regime! It has all signs of it - except the Hex get burned on a stick.

Look allone who else is answering!

qed

If you think this forum is a dictatorship (which it very well might be), there's nothing stopping you from taking your own advice.

If nobody wants learn from the ealder ones who already know how its ends - yes you are right.

I said here are not only killed idea, but your future also.

I can do no more.

I just thought that I would mention that I post under a pseudonym.

While I'm at it , Wolfhart, have you thought about setting up your own forum- you can have whatever rules you like there.

You can even insist on people using their real names.

Of course, there may be problems with that.

For example, I won't be able to post there because I work for a government department that wouldn't approve of some of the things I say here.

I'd risk persecution by the authorities if I used my real name.

You might want to think about that for a moment.

Given you're a self proclaimed scientist, how do you feel about anonymity in the peer review process? Do you demand that a journal make the identity of the reviewers of your papers be made known to you?

If so, how does it usually work out for you?

I

For example, I won't be able to post there because I work for a government department that wouldn't approve of some of the things I say here.

I'd risk persecution by the authorities if I used my real name.

Yes, if you live in china or north korea I see a need for this.

You claim you get prosecuted by a scientific statement here?

Never did hear in England are scientists prosecuted, because of a scientific statement.

But I can imagine that your colleges will ask you why did you destroy a discussion with a good idea? And you have no answer.

Whotever it is yur real name or not You are ashamed of what you did to me!

You looked in Google and you found many sources, which are all in line with my new theory – one even word for word!

There was only one what said no with an older date - and you copied only this line. - and you claim this is realyty. You put the world upside down!

To suppress 99% of scientific statements is not a lie? Supporting this is not dictatorship?

In your writing to me you showed your real intention, you want to police this forum and reality that's what you decide.

You were publicly told about the infraction

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/74373-on-posting-etiquette-and-anonymity-split-from-why-are-physics-speculations/?p=739305

Is the objection here that you don't understand why phrases like "He has absolutely no idea" and "He should read. But if he don’t and hate physicists like Einstein he is a hopeless case" and "I would like see your idea if you had ever one" are personal attacks? That "he" refers to a person, and not to what that person is saying? And that targeting a person is … personal?

I never say and I never said anything against a person, if he not attacked me!

Not a single word could be found - nothing is cited.

I defendet myself. Look what wa written before.

One member demanded even a public apology to me!

And please tell me one thing. What workplace do you have that you are able write here the entire day?

Does your boss know this?

Who has far over 1000 posts is suspious, but who has that much as these will clearly only policing this forum - playing the Platzhisch..

Sorry -somebody said this is a private forum. Please tell me his name that I can apologize that I entered his castle by mistake.

Edited by Wolfhart Willimczik

"You claim you get prosecuted by a scientific statement here?"

no.

"But I can imagine that your colleges will ask you why did you destroy a discussion with a good idea?"

if that were to happen then my colleagues might take a dim view of it, but it hasn't happened. I did rubbish a bad idea. They would approve of that.

"And you have no answer."

Those who know me realise that I always have an answer. In this case my reply is "answer to what?"

"Never did hear in England are scientists prosecuted, because of a scientific statement."

I said persecuted not prosecuted. There's a difference.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8334774.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kelly_(weapons_expert)

"You are ashamed of what you did to me!"

I have done nothing to you. I have pointed out some failings in your idea- but your idea isn't you.

"You looked in Google and you found many sources, which are all in line with my new theory – one even word for word!"

Nope.

You won't get very far making false assertions.

"There was only one what said no with an older date - and you copied only this line. - and you claim this is realyty. You put the world upside down!

To suppress 99% of scientific statements is not a lie? Supporting this is not dictatorship?"

Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about there.

"In your writing to me you showed your real intention, you want to police this forum and reality that's what you decide."

I can't remember if it has happened on this forum or not, but some fora, I have been asked to become a moderator and I have declined. Policing fora isn't something I'd want to do.

Again, you really need to stop making false statements, you risk looking foolish if you carry on.

"Y

"But I can imagine that your colleges will ask you why did you destroy a discussion with a good idea?"

if that were to happen then my colleagues might take a dim view of it, but it hasn't happened. I did rubbish a bad idea. They would approve of that.

"And you have no answer."

Those who know me realise that I always have an answer. In this case my reply is "answer to what?"

It seems you are not ashamed of this what you did. And you have always an answer...

(I know if you would not show the world my idea is rubbish what would become of this world.)

"Never did hear in England are scientists prosecuted, because of a scientific statement."

I said persecuted not prosecuted. There's a difference.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8334774.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kelly_(weapons_expert)

Ok – if you are – as you are showing - a drug runner or a weapons dealer I understand your behavior.

"You are ashamed of what you did to me!"

I have done nothing to you. I have pointed out some failings in your idea- but your idea isn't you.

How can you dare to define what is mine and what not. If you spread out lies about my idea you attack me! This is very personnel? Every judge will see it in the same way. Of course somebody will say he only attacked my nose not the person. That’s your logic.

Who brought this infamies lie up “attacking his work is not attacking him?”

It seems this forum create a bunch of lies and live from it.

"pointed out" in your words means spread out lies.

"You looked in Google and you found many sources, which are all in line with my new theory – one even word for word!"

Nope.

Who read the last postings will see exactly what was happening - Who is lying.

"There was only one what said no with an older date - and you copied only this line. - and you claim this is realyty. You put the world upside down!

To suppress 99% of scientific statements is not a lie? Supporting this is not dictatorship?"

Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about there.

You never had any idea what I was talking about, but you destroyed it anyway.

"In your writing to me you showed your real intention, you want to police this forum and reality that's what you decide."

I can't remember if it has happened on this forum or not, but some fora, I have been asked to become a moderator and I have declined. Policing fora isn't something I'd want to do.

Because you are doing things much worse

Again, you really need to stop making false statements, you risk looking foolish if you carry on.

likewise

Telling someone that what they're posted is wrong isn't a personal attack. I've looked at what was written before - no attack on you, just disagreement with what you had posted.

how dare you making such difference - using your private self self tailored definition?

to suppress 99% of available information is not an attack?

I notice whether it is raining or somebody is pissing on my leg.

How can an admin claim I attacked somebody personnel, if I attacked his writing only.

Besides I am in Florida and have never seen the person, which I allegedly personal attacked.

Has he now the same nose?

Ergo:

What you say is wrong.

The rules are wrong.

This forum is wrong.

Who brought this infamies lie up “attacking his work is not attacking him?”

I think this proves you're no scientist. This is exactly what peer review does, it attacks the idea but not the person with the idea.

What you say is wrong.

The rules are wrong.

This forum is wrong.

I'd say you and this forum are incompatible. Your words are a true gift. Goodbye, good luck, good life.

Telling someone that what they're posted is wrong isn't a personal attack. I've looked at what was written before - no attack on you, just disagreement with what you had posted.

he never said my saying is wrong, but my entire theory, ergo my work of my life. And with taking only 1 negative source from 100.

Further he claims to be Mister reality - only he is able to decide what is reality and what not.

Such unqualified remarks destroy an entire discussion, destroy an entire idea. And I take this very personnel.

Americans say: I am pissed off.

Now I have –17 points – and proud of it, because in an negative environment negative points are positive.

he never said my saying is wrong, but my entire theory, ergo my work of my life. And with taking only 1 negative source from 100.

Further he claims to be Mister reality - only he is able to decide what is reality and what not.

Such unqualified remarks destroy an entire discussion, destroy an entire idea. And I take this very personnel.

Americans say: I am pissed off.

Again, have you ever submitted a manuscript for peer review?