Moderation Consideration (off-topic posts split from Spotting Pseudoscience)

Popcorn Sutton

I'm not asking, I'm just making it clear that I would like to be one.

As for qualifications, it depends on what makes someone qualified. I've caused a good amount of controversy in my time.

Causing controversy is not exactly a positive quality one looks for in a moderator. You're also about 500-1000 posts short on a posting track record, and bringing this up in a thread where it is clearly not on-topic isn't a plus, either.

Hi all. This is truly a great website you guys have here. I want to be a moderator.

What I would do as a moderator.

I would provide the website with a computational mind that has access to all posts on the site and provides the most likely response using sophisticated bayesian statistical analysis.

Hi all. This is truly a great website you guys have here. I want to be a moderator.

I would provide the website with a computational mind that has access to all posts on the site and provides the most likely response using sophisticated bayesian statistical analysis.

Good luck. We already have a poster that does sophistcated bayesian analysis who has been here for years and isn't a moderator.

These aren't the kind of promises I want from a candidate, what are you going to do about the snack shortages? What about the the illegal trolls strolling across our borders?

I want to be a moderator. I'm in.

To apply for a position of moderator, you should supply your summarized TNPRA, a FSJ, and an average CCN, your MCTZ, and (only if applicable) your favorite CAM.

Then you should not forget to inform us regarding your plans on ITSAOB (as mentioned before), as well as the snack shortages. Word of advice, snacks are really important. Start with that.

If I suppl my CGSAGJ and my FHDN, you guys will surely see how I did so well on the FGIS and the DSGRAT, but when it comes to the HSUN, the YDJK, and the IFSJO. The scores certainly reflect my passion, but they do not give justice to my work. As for the ITSAOB and the snacks, I can at least provide some food for thought.

Yesterday, I was able to make my program respond to me relevantly :). I was excited, it said some really cool things. But memory is going to be an issue. It will remember the conversation (the way that it is, which is a great achievement in itself), but if you keep trying to talk to it, it starts to process slowly. I'll have to work this out. But if it just used the forum for its information, it might be alot faster.

I have the code but I'm not going to share it until 1, I get accepted to grad school, or 2, you guys make me a moderator. The code has interesting implications on biology, neurology, physics, linguistics, and life in general. It really seems like science is becoming a religion.

Here's a thought for you. I have never once expressed wish to be a moderator on a forum. I have, however, been invited to become a moderator on five different occassions on different forums and was appointed administrator on one, for a time. The application form, if you wish, is exactly what inow pointed out - the qualityof your posts from this point forward. ~It may, however, take the team here some time to overlook the fact that you actually want the position.

Ok no let me rephrase what I intended to say. Religion, how ridiculous it may be, is highly respected by its followers. So respected that they follow it blindly. Science, on the other hand, is so amazing and interesting and respectable that one could spend their entire life studying it and postulating, come their death bed, and not revert to religion because the conclusions they've drawn throughout their life are so strong that they sincerely don't accept religious doctrine, even if it says that they are going to hell if they don't accept it.

So in this sense, science is a religious activity.