Pump action bug gun

Moontanman

Wait, what? "No chemicals"? It uses sodium frikkin' chloride!

So if I toss salt on a person is that now assault with intent to kill? laugh.gif

On a serious note, how does table salt work exactly? Does it dehydrate them by clinging to their exoskeletons?

I'm guessing it's like a tiny shotgun and it's kinetic damage. The blast of air can't be helpful, either.

Wait, what? "No chemicals"? It uses sodium frikkin' chloride!

I'm guessing it's like a tiny shotgun and it's kinetic damage. The blast of air can't be helpful, either.

Cool. And I guess if you get bored you can take shots at bland food with it too.

I was hoping it could also be used against demons and ghosts, but ideal range is only 2 feet. That's unacceptable against the supernatural.

I'm not sure whether the fly or the salt is going to be worse for my jello. And for luck, wouldn't you have to shoot over your shoulder for every fly you kill? For those reasons, and an impending ban on a-salt rifles, I won't be investing.

I showed to a couple of the guys at work, and we did a quick calculation. If a fly is around 1 cm long, and a grain of salt is 100 microns, that's like a human being hit by a bunch of ~20 mm slugs (or upwards of 75 caliber). The speed doesn't scale up, but I'm thinking that it's like a slingshot kind of speed. One would frikkin' hurt and possibly be fatal if it hit in the right spot. A dozen or two? Good night, nurse.

I may have to buy one, just so I can film the shot in slo-mo and calculate the muzzle velocity. For the science!

For those reasons, and an impending ban on a-salt rifles, I won't be investing.

On the contrary, if there is a ban on asalt rifles, then saltless rifles will not be allowed, and this will be legal.

I may have to buy one, just so I can film the shot in slo-mo and calculate the muzzle velocity. For the science!

Yeah, like you'd ever just leave it at that. Give it a few days and you'd have it hooked up to a backpack compressor dishing up insect death at 150psi. You'd be a Drosophila melanogangster!

On the contrary, if there is a ban on asalt rifles, then saltless rifles will not be allowed, and this will be legal.

EXTREME MEASURES CAUSE SALTY PHYSICIST IN A PINCH TO REMOVE DASH!

Ohhhh please do.

Ouch, that hurt.

I have had good success ridding my apartment of flying insects utilizing good old fashioned flypaper.

To document my success I made a music video titled

At least in my case, my idea of an entertaining form of mass killing involves flying insects and not human beings.